Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Wigan | Saturday 17th October | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

124»

Comments

• Options
    Anyone else read minor ankle injury and just assume that means weeks out?
  • Options

That is a very strong line up .. and look at the bench .. 4 debuts
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I think Gunter had still been training with Reading with the internationals in mind.

That would leave just Bogle and Maddison who haven't been playing or training regularly.  It wouldn't surprise me to see something like. 

Amos
    Innis-Pratley-Famewo
    Gunter-Shinnie-Watson-Levitt-Doughty
    Washington-Smyth

Or leave out Pratley and Doughty for Purrington and Williams and play the diamond. 

Then try and get half an hour out of Bogle and Maddison off the bench. 
    9/11 isn't bad. 
  • Options
    What is going on with our injury record... I mean really...
  • Options
    Don't mention injuries, Bows will get dodgy defensive like this week!
  • Options
    strange line up - no genuine strikers starting ...
  • Options
    Interesting team sheet given to Rich Cawley... Has Vennings on the bench instead of Purrington?

• Options
    A bit surprised that Chuks gets the nod ahead of Bogle or Washington, but a much stronger match day squad. I'm sure it will take some time for the team to gel properly and click up the gears, but even so I fancy our chances today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yeah I read that team sheet and thought that if I was Wigan I’d be very very concerned. Let’s hope we are right. 
  • Options

Yeah I read that team sheet and thought that if I was Wigan I’d be very very concerned. Let’s hope we are right. 
    But then you remembered you support Charlton so rightly realised it should be us need to be concerned? ;)
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    A bit surprised that Chuks gets the nod ahead of Bogle or Washington, but a much stronger match day squad. I'm sure it will take some time for the team to gel properly and click up the gears, but even so I fancy our chances today.
    Also surprised not to see Bogle start.
  • Options
    When i think of a Sparrows Lane training session it brings to mind the gladiator training scenes from Spartacus...
  • Options
    We could field Messi and Ibrahimovic up front against York City (in the cup) and still lose....without scoring.
  • Options
    Very strong options off the bench. Makes a nice change doesn't it
  • Options
    Anyone got stream for today’s game? Not got the Charlton pass so looking for alternatives. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Anyone got stream for today’s game? Not got the Charlton pass so looking for alternatives. Thanks in advance.
    You've not got it, or you don't want to pay for it? 
  • Options

I think they'd be more concerned with Maddison playing and a conventional striker starting though.
  • Options
    Little and Large up front. Watch the long ball being pumped up to Smyth’s head all afternoon....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    let's hope Aneke can go the distance AND stay fit