Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Wigan | Saturday 17th October | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Got to be the first time since Bowyers been in charge that you really couldn't guess the line up or formation, much more balanced squad and options at last. Stick with the 433 as we have Doughty and Maddison? Back to the favourite midfield diamond with shinnie and Williams? 

Two formations and line ups I can't decide between:

Amos
    Gunter Innis Famewo Purrington
             Levitt Watson Williams
    Maddison Washington Doughty

AMB, Pratley, Maatsen, Shinnie, JFC, Smyth, Bogle

Less collateral damage with one of Bogle/ Aneke missing out completely, good starting 11 good options on the bench.

Amos
    Gunter Innis Famewo Purrington
                      Watson
                 Williams JFC
                      Shinnie
           Washington Bogle

AMB, Pratley, Maatsen, Maddison, Levitt, Smyth, Aneke

Not quite so kind on the wide players, I can't see a need for 3 on the bench so one from Maddison, Smyth and Doughty missing out.

Nice problem to have!

Also, 3-0 
  • Options
    Come on admit it all !!

How great is it to be genuinely excited by waiting for our starting line up to be announced? 
    What a difference a month makes. Now we can all have a row about who isnt starting rather that if Mouthall is a c##t or not lol
  • Options
    If the players are buzzing as much as us fans, it's going to be a rout. 4-0
  • Options
    I'd hazard a guess that LB won't start the game with too many debutants, only in those positions where there is no alternative.
    We're going to have an absolutely f-off bench though.
    I'm crap at predictions, but I don't expect us to gel into a smooth well-oiled winning machine overnight so I'll go 1-1 for today.

• Options
    Should be fun!

Give the guys time to settle in.

No problem doubting as that's being a fan, but give them 100% once they wear the shirt because that is being a supporter.
  • Options
    Bowyer Masterclass 3-1 

Maddison shows his quality 
  • Options
    You just know that Bowyer will barely make any changes from the previous match lineup, apart from replacing the injured Oshilaja and loaned out Oztumer, plus replacing Vennings maybe?

Wait a minute that's 3 changes already! :smile:

I don't believe, however, he'll risk starting any new signing that hasn't yet proved a high level of fitness.

But I do think we'll see the bench full of a glittering array of new talent - 3 of which come on for a storming last 20 mins!

• Options
    Marcus Maddison should be fitter after the last two weeks at Sparrows lane.

He could be the standout for Charlton this season IF he focuses on his football and feels contented off the pitch.

Will he start today ?
    He played about 45 minutes in a friendly last Saturday
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I'm going for a 4-2 win
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4 debuts but no Madison
  • Options
    No maddison. Saw he was on Deji's story with the injured lads yesterday and did wonder. 
  • Options
    Wouldn't have predicted that lineup! 3 at the back I imagine

• Options
    Aneke and Smyth up front should be fun to watch

Looks like we're going three at the back with Pratley in defence, Gunter and Doughty as full backs 
  • Options
    Amos
    Inniss | Pratley | Famewo
    Gunter | Watson | Forster-Caskey | Doughty
    Shinnie
    Aneke | Smyth
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    No maddison. Saw he was on Deji's story with the injured lads yesterday and did wonder. 
    Probably training with them because he just needs to get fit
  • Options
    Forster-Caskey must be looking incredible in training - unless Bows is not wanting to throw the blokes who have been away on international duty straight in. 
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Maddison has a minor ankle injury
  • Options
    Williams, Levitt and Washington on the bench, I imagine that's partially down to being tired after the international break.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wheres Marcus????
  • Options
    Wheres Marcus????
    Two comments up...
  • Options
    A bit surprised Forster-Caskey gets a start with all the midfielders we have signed. 
  • Options
    Maddison has been Charltonized
  • Options
    Wheres Marcus????
    Picked up a minor ankle injury.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Maddison has a minor ankle injury
    Broken.... in 4 places knowing our luck..... 
  • Options
    Amos
    Inniss | Pratley | Famewo
    Gunter | Watson | Forster-Caskey | Doughty
    Shinnie
    Aneke | Smyth
    OS suggests that or potentially a 4-4-2 diamond in which Pratley would push up into midfield.
  • Options
    No spot for the Chelsea lad yet
  • Options
    I know that Bows denied it, but there must be something dodgy about our training method. Never known a club to get so many injuries