Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Wigan | Saturday 17th October | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Loads of new bodies in, Wigan are not a bad side despite what they are having to deal with 

1-1 
  • Options
    3-1 Doughty, Bogle and Maddison
  • Options
    Shinnie has got to start    . 2- 0 to Charlton  .
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Its all set up. Useful transfer window. New owner in town to ACTUALLY attend. Real anticipation from legions of Addicks.

0-1 to Wigan
    Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Predictable 0-1 
  • Options
    Ever hopeful so I am predicting 4-1 and the start of a 12 match unbeaten run.

This is probably why I get so disappointed when we lose! 
  • Options
    1 - 1 
  • Options
    Comfortable 3 0 win. Midfield is too strong to lose many games the rest of this season
  • Options
    Crewe smashed them 3-0 last week. With our new attacking midfielders & stunning front line I'm expecting a rout.

7-0.

Can’t wait for your 5pm rant when we only win 5-0 ;-)
  • Options
    Who knows the starting 11! 
    Id like aneke to start in the firmino role given we have fast wingers etc... we need someone to bring defenders out of position, hold up the ball and cause havoc so the wingers can get in behind to score. Aneke seems like the man to do it. Cant imagine he will start though. 

Wigan will be tough but exciting to see some
    of the new 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    2121 said:
    Id like aneke to start in the firmino role given we have fast wingers etc... we need someone to bring defenders out of position, hold up the ball and cause havoc so the wingers can get in behind to score. Aneke seems like the man to do it. Cant imagine he will start though. 

of the new 
    Trouble is it’s gonna take time for them all to bed in and Bowyer to find his preferred 11.
    Can’t see it happening tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Too early for our phalanx of new players to make a big difference but nonetheless a 1_0 win on the way to promotion 
  • Options
    2121 said:

of the new 
    Like the idea of that. Aneke can play as a 10 and a target man. Put him up front with two pacey wingers and he's going to wreak a lot of havoc. One thing this window has shown me is that we're going to be relying on him this season, so hopefully he comes through. 
  • Options
    Omar, 10, chucks, 8 Washington 10, Smyth, 6, Madison 6, shinne, 4 Doughty, 6

Thats 60+ goals for the season 
  • Options
    I rarely get the line ups right (if ever) but tomorrow I’d be surprised if anyone does. 
    I’d like to see at least four new faces given debuts, but Lee is pretty conservative, so we’ll probably see Purrington and Pratley starting, rather than Maatsen or Shinnie. 
    I’m guessing Gunter, Innis and Smyth will start though. Not sure Levitt will, after he had his worst game for us last time out.
    Cant wait, though I suspect we’ll lose because it’s early days for this new look team. 
    1-2 Washington with our goal. 
  • Options

If Chuks gets 8, I’m expecting 4-5 of those to be in the same game 
  • Options
    I'd expect to see Charlie Barker on the bench as he's the only right-sided defensive cover.
  • Options
    Is Maddison injured? None of the betting companies have him down as a goal scoring option for the Wigan game. Odd.
  • Options
    What is going to be a factor in the line up is fitness.
  • Options

Amazing that, as a season ticket holder till the end of last season, Charlton could put out a first eleven today none of whom I have ever seen play for the club in the flesh. Some turnover in a handful of games. 
  • Options

That adds up to 50 !

Is the other 10 goals from the striker we buy in January ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Gunter had still been training with Reading with the internationals in mind.

That would leave just Bogle and Maddison who haven't been playing or training regularly.  It wouldn't surprise me to see something like. 

Amos
    Innis-Pratley-Famewo
    Gunter-Shinnie-Watson-Levitt-Doughty
    Washington-Smyth

Or leave out Pratley and Doughty for Purrington and Williams and play the diamond. 

Then try and get half an hour out of Bogle and Maddison off the bench. 
  • Options
    Bizarrely I think we are going to win despite the players not knowing each other.
  • Options

That adds up to 50 !

Is the other 10 goals from the striker we buy in January ?
    9 og and one from Jonny
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I think Gunter had still been training with Reading with the internationals in mind.

That would leave just Bogle and Maddison who haven't been playing or training regularly.  It wouldn't surprise me to see something like. 

Amos
    Innis-Pratley-Famewo
    Gunter-Shinnie-Watson-Levitt-Doughty
    Washington-Smyth

Or leave out Pratley and Doughty for Purrington and Williams and play the diamond. 

Then try and get half an hour out of Bogle and Maddison off the bench. 
    Love that front line.......proper English surname.

Hello, my name is Henry Washington-Smyth. (Pronouncing the last but to rhyme with scythe)
  • Options
    0-1 - Inniss with the goal 
    Og?
  • Options
    Great write-up - I think LB’s selection will be impossible to predict but will make sense based on time spent together, current fitness levels and his desire to see some of the signings he’s supposedly been chasing for a while in a Charlton shirt at last.

Whatever it is, in LB I trust. 

This is the most positive I’ve felt about a game for ages and I’m not even thinking about the score line. I genuinely enjoyed the rumours and the approach to the deadline. I’m pushing the dark days of hitting the Shenanigans or the Injunction threads every 5 minutes into the late hours well into the back of my memory.

A win would be great but right now I’m just looking forward to seeing some of our new signings and seeing LB smile pitch side. 
  • Options
    Assuming Shinnie is ineligible to play today as didn't sign in time??
  • Options
    Marcus Maddison should be fitter after the last two weeks at Sparrows lane.

He could be the standout for Charlton this season IF he focuses on his football and feels contented off the pitch.

Will he start today ?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    2121 said:

of the new 
    Like the idea of that. Aneke can play as a 10 and a target man. Put him up front with two pacey wingers and he's going to wreak a lot of havoc. One thing this window has shown me is that we're going to be relying on him this season, so hopefully he comes through. 
    Our young striker is it davison? Could maybe do this role, looked strong last year, so drop in division, bit more experience and strength and he may come on this year? 
    Obviously last season was too early