Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Injured players -2020 - 2021 Season

Comments

• Options
    What's happened to Inniss?

Hard to blame the heavy schedule when he's had two weeks off?

The strength and conditioning coach can't come too f*****g soon enough!
    Jesus
  • Options
    Dazzler, your spreadsheets going to explode!!
  • Options
    Ignored it at the time but...... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    International players have come back fine (JW with a little groin niggle), just the players who had 2 weeks off training. 
  • Options
    If true then I suppose a month could be a lot worse

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Inniss has a history of injuries (perfect for us) so i'm not surprised
  • Options
    Our best two CB's are out for 'some weeks ', in fact all 4 CB's were unable to start the game.
    Ffs something has to change but i'm not sure what.   
  • Options
    Bows said some weeks ago that these injuries have nothing to do with the way training is conducted and it's part and parcel of the game and very bad luck.

We then hear yesterday that there is no strength and conditioning coach among other staffing issues and that the gym is under a bit of tarpalling.

You can't expect a manager to know exactly what is good for a particular player fitness wise at an elite level, but I would wager that is what has been happening.
  • Options
    Bows said some weeks ago that these injuries have nothing to do with the way training is conducted and it's part and parcel of the game and very bad luck.

We then hear yesterday that there is no strength and conditioning coach among other staffing issues and that the gym is under a bit of tarpalling.

You can't expect a manager to know exactly what is good for a particular player fitness wise at an elite level, but I would wager that is what has been happening.
    I hadn’t heard the bit before that our gym was under a bit of tarpalling that’s pretty shocking, and no strength and conditioning coach?

Where did these nuggets come from, have I missed something?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thankyou weegie!
  • Options
    That was a really good read, some pretty shocking stuff in there, thanks again Weegie.
  • Options
    Nice one Dazzler, thankyou!

Just out of internet how many games has Johnny Williams actually missed this season , due to injury?

I said to my son at the start of the season, anymore than 20 games played would be a bonus.
  • Options
    Apologies realised i still have Gilbey as injured.

Now updated. 

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Now updated. 

Assuming that Williams will be back imminently (probably for Burton), 4 injuries is actually pretty light touch compared to a lot of clubs 
  • Options
    So, could Akin Famewo be back for tomorrow?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Now updated. 

Assuming that Williams will be back imminently (probably for Burton), 4 injuries is actually pretty light touch compared to a lot of clubs 
    The problem is that all 4 CBs are either injured, recovering from injury or not fully match fit after injury. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    So, could Akin Famewo be back for tomorrow?
    Doubt it, but no real details on his return yet. I think it's more likely first weekend of December as we've not seen him in the training montages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    According to Bowyer Akin is about a week (possibly less) away from returning to training with the squad
  • Options
    MattF said:
    According to Bowyer Akin is about a week (possibly less) away from returning to training with the squad
    So 2 to 3 weeks away from playing?
  • Options
    @Dazzler21 re JFC "unknown injury":

Forster-Caskey is injured with a hamstring strain it was reported  last Saturday on the OS:

"Jake Forster-Caskey is also on the sidelines with a minor hamstring complaint". 

• Options
    Ahh good spot. Difficult to know, but I reckon that's 1-2 weeks given the wording. A very, very loose assumption!
  • Options
    edited November 2020

• Options
    Can anyone provide updates on injuries until next week, I'll use them to update the spreadsheet.

Cheers.
  • Options
    OK, brace yourselves.

This is in The Athletic. Analysing Norwich's injury crisis. This is another example of The Athletic covering in detail what the dailies ignore, but unfortunately I dare not post it in full, they are understandably touchy and come after people. I'd really recommend a sub.

They do have a table covering injuries for the whole division but I cannot finda way to convert that to a file that's shareable here. It would be great if we had that for League One, of course.

The reason I said brace yourselves was this

This time around, it was 12 players missing — solely through injury.

The crisis has left six seats empty on the substitutes’ bench across the last three games. Against Coventry City, four of Daniel Farke’s six subs were under-18 players with limited experience of first-team training, never mind competitive action.

It is a minor miracle Norwich have remained at the Championship summit, but with three points now separating the top eight, there is no ignoring how deep Norwich are having to dig. Half of the playing resources Farke would have hoped for currently sit on the sidelines.

Fortunately the article makes no mention of Famewo, or oany other loan players. The only reference is in comments, from a fan:

Very much on a tangent, but I was wondering whether you’d looked into the work permit regulations released yesterday? I looked specifically into Sebastian Soto, who in my eyes is the loaned-out player closest to first team quality, and figured that he could obtain the requisite 15 points through being contracted to Norwich (10 points) and for playing each game in the u20 World Cup 18 months ago (7 points). Any chance you could see whether the club wanted to try and get him back in January?

The article does say that fair few of the injured expect to return before the new year, so let's hope. I don't know who their centre-backs are, but if someone posts that, I'll see if they feature on the injured list, which is also in the article, with return dates

• Options
    That's a lot of players missing, but it's the same time as we suffered our injury crisis last season. It goes to show that it happens at other clubs and we are no different overall. Last season was a freak and very unfortunate, now with the amount of football being played, we are going to see far more injuries across the board. Clubs and players are suffering from it badly.

There is a real risk we lose Famewo in January, even if he goes back is on the bench, Norwich would be happy with that. It's a good job Gallen has prepared for that potential eventuality.

I do think a little bit of perspective is needed as we focus so much on our own injuries without recognising that other clubs have theirs too. Ipswich for example, have had times this season where they've had no strikers. We have it with centre-backs.

Hopefully something changes and we don't have this as a persistent problem throughout the season.

I won't hold my breath, though.