Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Injured players -2020 - 2021 Season

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Maddison injured again...
  • Options
    A minor knock for Maddison 

We all know what that means, we will see him in January 
  • Options
    Getting beyond a fcig joke 
  • Options
    Our injuries are ridiculous 
  • Options
    Poor old Dazzlers going to be busy!
  • Options
    FFS. He's had 10mins with us as a sub since arriving in how many games?
  • Options
    I don't think that today's modern football slippers help.
    The top of them is as soft as a baby's nappy and on the bottom are studs. That makes no sense.

When I'm choosing a pair, I'm constantly tutting and shaking my head like an old bugger.

You're not related to Golfie, by any chance?  :smile:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    mendonca said:
    The table states Alfie is out for 4 months with a hamstring strain. A tear might sound more accurate here ;) I know the focus was on dates and games. Excellent table.
    It's a grade 3 strain. It's already accurate. If you wanted to be super picky you could say he had a severe rupture to his hamstring, but that's still a grade 3 strain.
  • Options
    Poor old Dazzlers going to be busy!
    Especially with Famewo too.
  • Options
    Maddison injured again...
    When we signed him it was said he hardly ever misses a game. Since he joined us he's played just 10 mins. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:
    The table states Alfie is out for 4 months with a hamstring strain. A tear might sound more accurate here ;) I know the focus was on dates and games. Excellent table.
    It's a grade 3 strain. It's already accurate. If you wanted to be super picky you could say he had a severe rupture to his hamstring, but that's still a grade 3 strain.
    True but a grade 3 injury is very rarely referenced as a sprain in common speak. 
  • Options
    Noticed famewo had a strap on his hammy prior to his injury today
  • Options
    Lampard reports that Pulisic had a small sensation in his hamstring which is why he was pulled out of the game in the warm-up. He adds that Christian is frustrated and the muscle will need a scan.

It's going to be a major problem this season
  • Options
    These Mickey Mouse matches we have coming up will be pretty good timing to rest up and hopefully get some players back
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:
    True but a grade 3 injury is very rarely referenced as a sprain in common speak. 
    That's because it's a strain not a sprain. 

I also suffered a bad grade 2 strain last year. 

I'm also not particularly common. Pretty rare me 😜
  • Options
    Yeah, I saw that. Are we getting too many injuries, because we are playing players that aren't fit?
  • Options
    Do we know how yet how many months Akin’s out for?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:
    That's because it's a strain not a sprain. 

I also suffered a bad grade 2 strain last year. 

I'm also not particularly common. Pretty rare me 😜
    Haha I messed that one up mate 😂
  • Options
    Do we know how yet how many months Akin’s out for?
    It would be too early to know how bad the injury is. Not seen any quotes from Bowyer about the injury either
  • Options
    We'll probably find out on Monday how bad it is for Akin
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope for the best but plan for the worst, we'll probably see some strange centre back pairings for a little while now
  • Options
    That's just KT tape, it's designed to Improve blood flow over an area. A lot of runners use it. 

Not always a sign of an existing injury, often used as a safeguard to protect from injuries. 
  • Options
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-boss-lee-bowyer-explains-injury-problems-for-akin-famewo-and-marcus-maddison/

"[Famewo] played the other night and we thought he was a bit neural from his back" Not sure what that means!
  • Options
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-boss-lee-bowyer-explains-injury-problems-for-akin-famewo-and-marcus-maddison/

"[Famewo] played the other night and we thought he was a bit neural from his back" Not sure what that means!
    It means send him home to have a cup of tea and a biscuit and he will be fit for Tuesday. 
    Send him to our medical team an d we will see him in January 
  • Options
    "He said he was tight the other night. We thought It might be from his back and with it being Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday… it’s tough. Unfortunately, he’s just tweaked it there a little bit I think."
  • Options

Need to add red to Maddison.
  • Options
    Cheers Dazzler, interesting to see the games missed bit as well through injury , will be interesting to see how many games are missed in total at the end of the season.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Hope for the best but plan for the worst, we'll probably see some strange centre back pairings for a little while now
    We should see Lurch back on Tuesday v Fleetwood. But there's no left footed CB, unless Bow goes with Purrington, who's heading of the ball is not really his forte.

Ideally he could do with a rest, but I'd guess old man Prats will get played again at CB, as Watson returns in midfield.

What about Mr MoM Gunter at CB?
    Well, he'll revert back to RB, as Adam Matthews surely can't be expected to start 2 games in 3 days, with his lack of training recently.
    And 17 year old Ronnie Barker seems to be well out of the picture.

Don't forget Maatsen got a knock on his knee today, but seemed to run it off. Then 18 year olds often can.