Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lincoln City v Charlton Athletic | Post-match thread | Sunday 27th September

Comments

• Options
    Need those 4 players that Cawley has said are signing and more imo.  The worry for me is the senior players who stayed with us.  Pratley has been immense, but he gets far too much game time based on the fact we don’t have anyone else.  JFC I’ve never really rated, and to see Willams on the bench again, suggests he’s hardly pulling up trees on the training ground.  Oshilaja is a liability, and although Pearce is a great captain and proper pro, is he someone that will be part of a back 4 that will go up when he returns to fitness.

Can’t be too down after Friday, but really hope Gallen and Bowyer can work some magic over the next week or so to bring some faces in.  It will be very tough to watch otherwise 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Now can we have Dillon back in goal?
    Nonsense . What did Amos do wrong today?
  • Options
    first match of ours i have seen this season. not impressed. first half some nice possession and a couple of chances created though our forwards seem incapable of controlling a ball or finding each other.
    our crossing was wasteful and pointless, the masterplan is to fool the opposition by crossing towards the smallest player on the pitch in Oztumer. 
    we put a fair amount of pressure off the ball which carried on in the second half before the subs came on. foster casky made me laugh as he managed to fuck up everything he did. 

overall we were the better team. Lincoln looked pretty average but were untroubled on the most part by our attacking play though we do seem to be bang out of luck when it comes to ricochets. 
    however we were piss poor in the final third, they seem to over complicated things or are just unable to control the ball which seemed to be Wshingtons major downfall. Bonne looked pretty clueless, just carrying on from the end of last season.

we seem to play it backwards far too often and as its on tv it was hard to see what runs our forwards were even making as we very rarely, apart from Levitt, made a cutting through ball. 

• Options
    We paid the price for not taking our chances in the first half when we were the better side. I still don't get what the penalty was for, and the 'goal' was surely offside. Good sides overcome these setbacks, we seemed to lose confidence and conviction in the second half. I'm not blaming anyone; as Callum says above there's been too much shite to deal with recently. Indeed I'd be inclined to say that we can't judge until the following transfer window is over.
  • Options
    The positives from that are that we didn't just lose and still have the dogshit ownership question hanging over us.

At least we now have hope that things will get better. And they should get better. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That result was so so disappointing. Really can't see where the next win is coming from with this group of players. I know we are under embargo etc. but we should be doing better with players who last year were facing championship opposition. To make matters worse I now have to face the gloating from my neighbour and work colleague.... I need to avoid them for a while!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Need a right back, a right sided centre back, a striker who will compete physically and hold the ball up, and then 3 or 4 midfielders/attackers with consistent end product. I’m not giving up on Bonne because he is a decent penalty box striker but the cold hard fact right now is we’re not getting the ball into the box enough because moves are breaking down because of poor touches and decisions at the key moment. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I think we know Bowyer is going to be backed. He has to do a bit better than he has for the last few months for me. I think the changes he made were clearly the wrong ones and whilst no alarm bells yet, he does need to get us going when we have the better players that have been promised.
    Bowyer deserves to be backed, and I'm confident he will turn it around, but I still think he's got it wrong the last two weeks.

That being said, if we have Matthews and a centre back who is not Deji then maybe the confidence to push the centre midfield forward will come. 
  • Options
    Kryan Bing sucks balls
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I know Bowyer will say “We didn’t take our chances we could’ve been 2 or 3 up first half,” but he says that too much. We just got soundly beaten by a league two side.
    The first half was decent but it was fairly obvious from about 55 minutes that we were never going to score. We never even tested their goalkeeper. 
    Once again we lacked any attacking fluency, shape or ideas. Everything breaks down in the final third or we’re just swinging crosses in to… who… Who do we have that’s good in the air? At one point they were going in to Oztumer! What exactly is our system of play?
    Even Lincoln looked better going forward.
    Upfront we are woeful. Playing Bonne is like playing with 10 men. If he’s not tapping them in then his contribution is zero. He doesn’t even bother to close defenders down. Last season looks like a flash in the pan. Take the money.
    As a unit we just look disjointed. A bunch of random players thrown together with no system in mind. If Bowyer says we need 7 new players, we don’t need squad players, we need first team players. This team isn’t good enough to get out of league one. It’s not even better than the last team to get out of league one. Not even in the same world.
    The two shining lights were Levitt, who was brilliant and Famewo, who looked solid.
    A lot needs to change and quickly. 

Well he's right, isn't he?
  • Options
    wow, so thats what all those coaching badges teach you. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Chunes said:
    I know Bowyer will say “We didn’t take our chances we could’ve been 2 or 3 up first half,” but he says that too much. We just got soundly beaten by a league two side.
    The first half was decent but it was fairly obvious from about 55 minutes that we were never going to score. We never even tested their goalkeeper. 
    Once again we lacked any attacking fluency, shape or ideas. Everything breaks down in the final third or we’re just swinging crosses in to… who… Who do we have that’s good in the air? At one point they were going in to Oztumer! What exactly is our system of play?
    Even Lincoln looked better going forward.
    Upfront we are woeful. Playing Bonne is like playing with 10 men. If he’s not tapping them in then his contribution is zero. He doesn’t even bother to close defenders down. Last season looks like a flash in the pan. Take the money.
    As a unit we just look disjointed. A bunch of random players thrown together with no system in mind. If Bowyer says we need 7 new players, we don’t need squad players, we need first team players. This team isn’t good enough to get out of league one. It’s not even better than the last team to get out of league one. Not even in the same world.
    The two shining lights were Levitt, who was brilliant and Famewo, who looked solid.
    A lot needs to change and quickly. 

Well he's right, isn't he?
    He is. Maybe would help if he’d start the one player in our squad who keeps he is head when picking a pass in the final third. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Bilko said:
    As I said to my mates, you need big horrible physical forwards in this division, Chucks might be ok if he wasn’t injured all the time, too many powderpuff forwards.
    You realise he's had one minor knock in pre-season, but fit since January otherwise
    Ok hopefully he will play more this season, but again he never looks fit enough to play 90mins.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    We can't discern whether it was offside from our view on the half-way line; the lino was in the best position.  The fact is we had good chances to score in the first half, and failed by a mixture of bad luck (deflected shots) and bad finishing (Conor Washington in the third minute).

The second half was piss-poor.  Did we have an accurate attempt on goal?  The final ball was lacking.  Lincoln aren't much of a team - unlike Donny last week - so to lose with barely a whimper shows how far we fell short.

The penalty aside, Pratley had a strong game as usual - making sharp interceptions and getting stuck in.  No-one else played well.  Doughty makes too many errors in possession.  Some players were insipid to the point of anonymous: Bonne, Washington, Barker, Levitt, Forster-Caskey...

We need better players.  And soon.

• Options
    We lost to a doubly dubious first half goal and a stupid error by Oshilaja. If he hadn't made that error he wouldn't be getting the pelters he's been getting, both on this and on the match thread. We missed a few chances in the first half and created too little in the second, and that was disappointing.
    The defence looked much better this week but why wasn't our tallest man marking their main danger man for the second? I suppose that's one of the problems with having a makeshift defence, which we did again after Fanewo came off. He didn't look knackered to me and I do get the impression that Bowyer decides his substitutions before the game's even started.
    Bonne had several games last season where he didn't look ready but he managed a decent strike rate. Let's hope he can start scoring a few.
    Overall disappointing but I've seen a lot worse.
    Friday's euphoria is over. Now we're back to reality.

• Options
    We can't discern whether it was offside from our view on the half-way line; the lino was in the best position.  The fact is we had good chances to score in the first half, and failed by a mixture of bad luck (deflected shots) and bad finishing (Conor Washington in the third minute).

The second half was piss-poor.  Did we have an accurate attempt on goal?  The final ball was lacking.  Lincoln aren't much of a team - unlike Donny last week - so to lose with barely a whimper shows how far we fall short.

The penalty aside, Pratley had a strong game as usual - making sharp interceptions and getting stuck in.  No-one else played well.  Doughty makes too many errors in possession.  Some players were insipid to the point of anonymous: Bonne, Washington, Barker, Levitt, Forster-Caskey...

We need better players.  And soon. 
    Unfortunately the officials have already admitted that the Lino couldnt give the offside as he wasnt in a good position...
  • Options
    LB: "How have we not scored a goal today?"

We really didn't have that many chances, Lee. Take the rose specs off mate.
  • Options
    What about the ref who was right in line with it? 
  • Options
    Now can we try Dillon up front?