Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2021

Comments

• Options
    Second season and put up 108 points in League 1, Washington and Clarke-Harris finishing with 20+ goals each but the magic happened in central midfield with the loanee brigade of Tommy Doyle, Billy Gilmour and Tom Davies. Jaiyesimi way-outperformed his attributes with much of the Joe Gomez money going on Siriki Dembele and Luke Woolfenden. Glad to put to bed the 8th the season before and having to beg Sandgaard for my job.

The reason for posting though is I’ve had a run in the FA cup and have Man Utd in the final (with genuinely no cheating/restarts!) and need to figure out how to play it. The main caveat for the below being that I’ve never had this kind of unexpected FM success before and it’s lockdown, but yeah it’s a bit sad...

So am pretty sure I’m going to watch the full match, 4:05pm Sunday kick off, submit the team sheet at ~3pm. Prosecco (because I’m not made of money) in the fridge in the unlikely event we win. Any other suggestions to mark the occasion? Don’t have a suit available so I’m thinking my Sunday League initialled tracksuit.

The cup run from 4th round went Fulham (a) 0-0 / 3-0, Watford 0-0 pens (a), Middlesbrough 1-0 AET (h), Rotherham 1-1 pens (n) by the way - very lucky! 
    Full time score??
    0-3 full time, I also forgot that runner up doesn't get the Europa spot any more which was upsetting.

Was still in the game at 1-0 down on 57 minutes and then I got thoroughly Mike Dean-ed with a weird kind of glitch red card where I got 2 yellow cards in a minute. I was watching the full game and it just jumped from our attack to Hanson getting a yellow card in the middle of the pitch, then jumped to him walking off.

4 minutes later he gave a penalty described as "harsh" on commentary but VAR upheld which they scored, then Maatsen and Doyle picked up straight reds in the next 10 mins and and I was down to 8 men with 20mins to go. Martial added a 3rd in injury time to compound the misery.
    Did you dress in the tracksuit  playing national atheme, walk up the stairs to collect your medals, invite 15 random blokes back for a shower? 
    Yes, yes, no (but had to walk up the stairs to put the jug back in the cupboard), yes... like every Sunday.

I watched the whole game standing as well, which led to some rather managerial hands behind that back pacing. Contemplated using the kitchen bin as Bielsa's little stool.

My reaction to the 3rd red card probably would have got me sent to the stands, so in hindsight I should really have watched the last 20mins from the landing upstairs.
    There's a clip on YouTube where a fella sits on a ladder and watches his screen after being sent to the stands.
  • Options
    Oh and lowlight of my game so far:

FA Cup semi final v Leicester, go 2-1 up in the 85th minute, still celebrating when Leicester equalise.

Then lose in extra time.

Gutting.
  • Options
    I miss those events from the old game. I once saw a player banned for 6 months for getting in a fight with the ref mid-game.
  • Options
    Joe Aribo sold to Bayern Munich from Rangers for 10m , now worth 22 million!
  • Options
    Jdredsox said:
    I miss those events from the old game. I once saw a player banned for 6 months for getting in a fight with the ref mid-game.
    Same here when I spent the family silver on Shearer at Leeds, although he got 9 months!

Regardless of all this FM stuff, CM01/02 will always be my first (managerial simulation) love. Integrating the likes of Taribo West, Mark Kerr and Tonton Zola-Moukoko into...

Kiely
    Brown Fish Youds Powell
    Kinsella Jensen Parker Robinson
    Euell Bartlett

If I remember rightly though, Karim Bagheri was worth £3.1m and our most valuable player.
  • Options
    Jdredsox said:
    Same here when I spent the family silver on Shearer at Leeds, although he got 9 months!

Regardless of all this FM stuff, CM01/02 will always be my first (managerial simulation) love. Integrating the likes of Taribo West, Mark Kerr and Tonton Zola-Moukoko into...

Kiely
    Brown Fish Youds Powell
    Kinsella Jensen Parker Robinson
    Euell Bartlett

If I remember rightly though, Karim Bagheri was worth £3.1m and our most valuable player.
    Those were the days!

Salakovic, kim kallstrom, alexander farenud.. Love it!
  • Options
    ...Kennedy Bakircioglu, Teddy Lucic...
  • Options
    Maxim Tsigalko was the one for me. Goal machine 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Anyone remember Nicolas Milan, was a STC? Biggest wonderkid but never heard of him otherwise!
  • Options
    Anyone remember Nicolas Milan, was a STC? Biggest wonderkid but never heard of him otherwise!
    From cola cola or something? 
  • Options
    Yeah think thats it! Starts game as a 15 year old but ends up having monster stats and scores goals for fun!
  • Options
    Yeah think thats it! Starts game as a 15 year old but ends up having monster stats and scores goals for fun!
    Him and sherman cardenes or something 
  • Options
    freddy adu, the old classic.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Mika Aaritalo, FM08 legend.

• Options
    CM0102 is free online.  Great nostalgic play.

https://champman0102.net/

They also have modern updates & a 93/94 update.
  • Options

Loved FM08.

So many good youngsters like Aaritalo, Torje, Stancu, Mihelic, Wijnaldum.

And was more fun at Charlton starting in Div1 than being straight into the PL like the few versions before.
  • Options

Loved FM08.

So many good youngsters like Aaritalo, Torje, Stancu, Mihelic, Wijnaldum.

And was more fun at Charlton starting in Div1 than being straight into the PL like the few versions before.
    i remember izale mcloud was freakishly good, could pump in goals even in the prem. 
  • Options
    season 3 and I have a youth palyer who is 18 and last season scored 40 goals in 35 games for the u-18's and 23's. I gave him a run out in the first team where he scored 1 in 4 after i had won the championship.  

He has scored 10 goals in pre season (2 starts, 5 sub) and hasnt played more than 45 mins in a game.  He will be my 5th choice forward this season.  Do I send him to league 1 for first team football or leave him in the u-23's to score goals.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    One of the biggest FM YouTubers is doing a Charlton save (with a twist) on a 01/02 database. Thought it might interest a few.

https://youtu.be/bePBkWdUuMs
  • Options
    One of the biggest FM YouTubers is doing a Charlton save (with a twist) on a 01/02 database. Thought it might interest a few.

slightly irritating him scoffing at richard rufus' stats saying he's overrated on it and mispronouncing john robinson as "jack robinson". But cool nonetheless. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    He also says Johnasson at one point & later corrects to Johansson but yeah, just thought it was cool to see a Charlton save on one of these channels.
  • Options
    I've been basically spending the last couple of years doing the same, albeit without youtube!

Currently on the modern update of it.  Charlie Barker is top quality by about 2026.
  • Options

Did we stay up?
  • Options
    Currently in 2064, and a lot of the staff that are younger than me are starting to retire... Do I die or do I live forever?
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Currently in 2064, and a lot of the staff that are younger than me are starting to retire... Do I die or do I live forever?
    You live forever.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    How are Charlton doing in this distant future? Always curious to see the lay out of things!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Huskaris said:
    You live forever.
    Found the secret to immortality, brilliant..

Huskaris said:
    How are Charlton doing in this distant future? Always curious to see the lay out of things!

Going between L1 and L2 for the past 20 years....

I will be taking them over once I "complete" the game with Newport. Already done Welling and Leicester so effectively want a prem top 4 of Charlton, Welling, Leicester and Newport.

Then I will download the extension pack to go allllll the way down the pyramid and hopefully take over Ivybridge or someone like that and do it all again. 
  • Options
    Good deal for anyone who hasn't bought FM21.