Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2021

Comments

• Options
    Central play has been an issue in recent versions, it’s been improved so narrow formations should be easier to get working in this version.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I have been playing 433DM tika taka essentially for reading, about 5 games left. helps i can rotate the centres. I play a mix of a inside forward or wingers either side of my main striker, sometimes can use a few players in multiple of the forward positions. two arsenal players on loan have helped alot but i think we would have had enough still with existing side. Smith Rowe + Balogun, doubt i will be able to sign them when i go up, possibly another cheeky loan attempt at best. They are AML/ AMR, although have used Balogun up front a few times and Rowe on right, or LCM on the odd occasion. 
  • Options

After back to back promotions with Charlton, I am winless in the PL after 5 games (only 1 draw). I've never been good at creating defensive formations so does anyone have any tips for ones that work? I've got pacy wingbacks so was thinking a 5-3-2?

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Central play has been an issue in recent versions, it’s been improved so narrow formations should be easier to get working in this version.
    I don't think I realised this and persevered anyway. As a consequence my style now that it has been "fixed" (maybe too far?) means that I am tearing up the league, and in the conference was regularly beating teams a couple of divisions above in cups which fuelled promotion pushes without any difficulty at all. 
  • Options
    I've also always played a diamond as I find wingers to be insanely expensive and the formations working absolute wonders this year.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    I’m playing 4231 controlled possession and Karl Robinson has just recommended I be sacked.

The irony.
    How many words did he say it on?
  • Options
    Just finished my first season on the game and chuffed with the results. Champions and broke the league 1 points record! 

• Options
    Literally just started, first thing i did was instruct Steve Gallen to renew contracts of a few first teamers, who actually took less money freeing up more than 10k in wages, that has given me some wiggle room so currently giving trials to a few players before deciding who to sign, lets see how this goes! 

On the finance side, it seems they have updated it, as now finances are secure and i was given 400k to spend, so that's what money to spend feels like!
  • Options
    alicwkd said:
    Just finished my first season on the game and chuffed with the results. Champions and broke the league 1 points record! 

3 of those results happened in real life!

who went down?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Won the league first season also. Sold Joe Gomez's sell on fee for £8mil to go along with the £7mil Thomas handed over!

Signed Niall Ennis from Wolves after he banged 32 in 30 for Burton and hes scored for 5 in 4 in the champ. 

Almost signed Bruno Martins Indi but he went to Holland. Reloaned Levitt, Famewo and Maatsen.

• Options
    Won the league first season also. Sold Joe Gomez's sell on fee for £8mil to go along with the £7mil Thomas handed over!

Signed Niall Ennis from Wolves after he banged 32 in 30 for Burton and hes scored for 5 in 4 in the champ. 

Almost signed Bruno Martins Indi but he went to Holland. Reloaned Levitt, Famewo and Maatsen.

Struggled in both games vs Burton pretty much exclusively because of Ennis. He and Ryan Cassidy, who hit nearly 30 goals on loan at Accrington, are both free agents after the first year. I'll most likely try and nab one of them as backup to Washington. 
  • Options
    alicwkd said:

3 of those results happened in real life!

who went down?
    Gillingham, Swindon, Wombles and Northampton were the relegated teams. Millwall narrowly avoided relegation from the champ. 
  • Options
    Also won my first season with a record point total and came second in the Champ, nailed out certainty for relegation as I've had 5 great loanees for both seasons and that's just not possible now.

Liverpool is a great source of top quality cheap loans and a 4-4-2 diamond is working wonders for me.
  • Options
    Also like the fact that Anjorin is set to join on loan :)
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I chose to use the rest of the transfer funds/wages on three additional loan signings (together with staff signings). It's not really a problem with the 5 loan player cap, with the amount of games. 

I loaned Emiliano Marcondes from Brentford, Otasowie from Wolves and Idah from Norwich. Idah has scored 8 in the first 7 games - hopefully he wont be recalled 🙏
  • Options
    alicwkd said:

Struggled in both games vs Burton pretty much exclusively because of Ennis. He and Ryan Cassidy, who hit nearly 30 goals on loan at Accrington, are both free agents after the first year. I'll most likely try and nab one of them as backup to Washington. 
    Ennis was under contract so had to buy him but had £15mil so 750K was a drop in the ocean! Good return so far. 

Need a decent CB though...
  • Options

How do you sell the sell-on clause?
  • Options
    sasquatch said:

Transfers screen and then go to the clauses tab.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sasquatch said:

The Jonky Blog Football Manager 2019 - Top 5 Sell On Fee Clauses In England
  • Options
    Just started my second season and my budget is 0?! Dont even have enough in the wages to sign free agents. Plus it's still listing Charlton's finances as perilous. Not sure what's gone on there. 

On a brighter note I have been able to reloan Paul Smyth who was dynamite for me in league 1 as well as Ryan Cassidy who was League 1's top scorer. 

• Options
    Would anyone be interested in starting a save with 3/4 of us?

• Options
    alicwkd said:

I'm possibly up for that as long as its well arranged 
  • Options
    alicwkd said:

Any more interest in this? 
  • Options
    Im still playing last years version.  i'm trying to get the editor as I don't want southall as chairman. 

I left click on the FM logo, downloads, buy now, checkout but receive an error code:1.  Anyone else experience this, or know how to get around it?
  • Options
    Don’t you get the editor automatically when you purchase the game? Unless you mean the in-game editor...
  • Options
    I don’t know what I mean! The one where I can change Southall 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    In my first transfer window in the champ, brexit work permit rules are making contential transfers a pain in the ass