Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Crewe v Charlton | Sat 12 Sept | 3pm KO | Match Thread

Comments

• Booking

Alfie Doughty (Charlton Athletic) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.

• Pretty dreadful second half so far from us.
  • Deji with a great foot in.
  • Peterborough 2-0 down at Accrington. Looks like their same old issues will cause them problems again. Usually good going forward, but piss poor at the back.

Hull 2-0 up at Gillingham. Magennis scores.
  • Need to buck our ideas up. Been second best all half. 
  • Chizz said:
    Game over.  We have this sewn up.  We will keep a clean sheet and leave with all three points.  There is no chance we will concede in the final few minutes. 
    Need me to say it Chizz? 
  • Chuks is so hard to get the ball off of. Only way to bring him down is to foul him.
  • Chuks is definitely gonna get goals at this level.
  • Sponsored links:

• That was a fairly hefty challenge by Deji, and now Crewe have taken Chuks out fairly central in the opposition half.
  • edited September 2020
    Chizz said:
    Game over.  We have this sewn up.  We will keep a clean sheet and leave with all three points.  There is no chance we will concede in the final few minutes. 
    You are asking for trouble, I hope you have a crash helmet on
  • Did Gregg just suggest bringing on Otzumer, the world’s smallest man, to beef up the midfield?
  • Gone far too defensive. I don't understand it
    Did you watch Charlton last season? It's a Bowyer trademark. 
  • aliwibble said:
    That was a fairly hefty challenge by Deji, and now Crewe have taken Chuks out fairly central in the opposition half.
    Had to foul him about three times before we got the free kick 
    1. 82'

Post update

Foul by Ryan Wintle (Crewe Alexandra).

2. 82'

Post update

Chuks Aneke (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the right wing.

• Gone far too defensive. I don't understand it
    Did you watch Charlton last season? It's a Bowyer trademark. 
    I didn't understand it then either 
  • Down to 3rd because Accrington have now gone 2-0 up.   Boo.
  • Beautiful skill from Doherty to turn two players on the edge of the box. Breaks inside, passes it to JFC but his shot was blocked
  • Sponsored links:

• Barker MoM all day long today
  • 84' Lovely skill from Doughty to beat his man on the right and get into the box, he pulls it back to Gilbey whose shot is blocked. Watch live: http://live.cafc.co.uk #crewealex 0 #cafc 2
  • You lot could have fooled me. I was convinced football was a game of two teams but apparently the flow of the game only depends on how one of those teams is playing?
  • Down to 3rd because Accrington have now gone 2-0 up.   Boo.
    Is it too soon to talk about playoffs?
  • We dont need to push for a third... We're showing at the moment the difference between us and most sides because we can just suddenly turn the screw and be on the front foot 
  • We've won a corner on the right, and playing it short.
  • Barker MoM all day long today
    Nah Gilbey for me... Barker started slow and has shown his inexperience a few times, nothing wrong with that
  • You lot could have fooled me. I was convinced football was a game of two teams but apparently the flow of the game only depends on how one of those teams is playing?
    And what people say on forums.
  • Another wasted corner then  I suppose we cant blame Cullen this season.....but why are we always so poor from set pieces.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!