Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crewe v Charlton | Sat 12 Sept | 3pm KO | Match Thread

edited September 2020 in General Charlton

The Addicks are in the building... 👋 #cafc

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2020

☀️ Sun shining ✅ 
    🌱 Decent surface ✅ 

#cafc
  • Options
    Barker and Vennings have travelled then... Not overly surprising along with Morgan | Pratley | Lapslie also seen
  • Options
    edited September 2020

📸 Team news coming your way at 2pm... #cafc

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Charlton: Amos, Purrington, Oshilaja, Forster-Caskey, Bonne, Gilbey, Washington, Pratley (c), Doughty, Lapslie, Barker

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Williams, Aneke, Morgan, Oztumer, Levitt, Vennings
  • Options
    Do you have to buy the stream pass by a certain time? Not sure I'll be in before kickoff
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Am glad that Barker gets the start... He deserves it after the last two games

Frustrated though as thats the original team from my Preview, I changed it before posting though
  • Options
    4-3-3 or the diamond with doughty behind the front 2?
  • Options
    A slightly negative starting XI but maybe we'll see something different in the second half 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Williams cant get in our first 11 in league 1 I would read that as....or we need more strikers before attempting to use him for longer.
  • Options
    433? Can't work out who will be on the right, I guess Washington?

Amos
    Lapslie Barker Oshilaja Purrington
    Forster-Caskey Pratley Gilbey
    Washington Bonne Doughty
  • Options
    Looks like a 4-3-3 to me.

Lapslie - Barker - Oshilaja - Purrington

Gilbey - Pratley - Forster-Caskey

Washington - Bonne - Doughty
  • Options
    4-3-3 or the diamond with doughty behind the front 2?
    I reckon 4-2-1-3, Gilbey playing just ahead of Forster-Caskey and Pratley
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Shows up how few options we have defensively with no defenders on the bench (plus Lapslie and a kid starting). Pratley the only defensive cover. 
  • Options
    Solid team, but definitely need some more options defensively. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Could also be a 3-5-2 with Lapslie and Doughty on the wings and Purrington as a third centre back... but that’s getting a bit too creative probably!
  • Options
    Barker makes his league debut.
    I presume Lapslie has to continue at right back.
    Pratley providing deep lying defensive cover.
    Bonne obviously up front.
    How the rest of the players are deployed will be interesting.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    A slightly negative starting XI but maybe we'll see something different in the second half 
    Dont think its overly negative, we've already seen that Forster-Caskey and Gilbey can get forward

The latter was a bastard to try and get the ball off of against Swindon when he wants to go on run
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Delighted for Barker - welcome to league football kid - continue playing like a man! 👍

re team, regardless of players leaving, that looks pretty good to me
  • Options
    Recognise about half of that line-up...

Although only know Will Jaaskelainen as he's Jussi's son
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Crewe: Jaaskelainen, Ng, Pickering, Wintle, Kirk, Mandron, Finney, Offord, Dale, Murphy, Beckles

Subs: Richards, Ainley, Zanzala, Lancashire, Lundstram, Sass-Davies, Johnson
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Dont think its overly negative, we've already seen that Forster-Caskey and Gilbey can get forward

The latter was a bastard to try and get the ball off of against Swindon when he wants to go on run
    Any time Pratley plays anywhere other than centre-back I'm going to call it overly negative, fair warning ;) 
  • Options
    Same Beckles that played for Shrewsbury isn't it? Didn't like him. 
  • Options
    We don't have the subs to defend a 1-0 lead, which after last season might not be a bad thing!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

Any time Pratley plays anywhere other than centre-back I'm going to call it overly negative, fair warning ;) 
    I don’t think Pratley gets in the team in this division once we make a few more experienced signings. As it stands atm, his presence will do the world of good for the younger players involved.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Same Beckles that played for Shrewsbury isn't it? Didn't like him. 
    Dont like him as a player or dont like him because he's not bad at this level?
  • Options
    Looks like a 4-3-3 to me.

Lapslie - Barker - Oshilaja - Purrington

Gilbey - Pratley - Forster-Caskey

Washington - Bonne - Doughty
    I should imagine that Doughty and Washington will swap sides at some point - at least that’s what happened has happened previously when they have been in the same team. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!