Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Old Shirt Questions

Comments

• I must admit I thought they would do as many as needed. 

I am very happy....wife you don’t want one of those do you have some already. 

Be a lovely surprise for her😁😁
  • I would like to see the club sell match worn shirts. It would be a good source of income.
  • PopIcon said:
    I would like to see the club sell match worn shirts. It would be a good source of income.
    Will they be auctioning the Poppy shirts from the Plymouth for the Poppy appeal this year? 
  • edited November 2020
    Talal said:
    Nice gift but the quality of signatures amongst this group are the most squiggly I've seen. 
    Not bad for a 2 meter sharpie 
  • edited November 2020
    Going back to the original post about the goalkeeper shirt, @JohnnyH2 was spot on and I was wrong. The keeper shirts for 97/98 were purple and grey but changed later in the season, clearly when Le Coq took over. I had no recollection of them being used that season. 
    Though they had the badge above Quaser unlike the photo in the OP, at least in the photos I found. Designs were the same in 98/99 apart from change of badge and logo placement and obviously the lines down the sleeves were replaced with the Le Coq logos.

• PopIcon said:
    I would like to see the club sell match worn shirts. It would be a good source of income.
    I imagine they do not get issued many in a season.
  • Talal said:
    Going back to the original post about the goalkeeper shirt, @JohnnyH2 was spot on and I was wrong. The keeper shirts for 97/98 were purple and grey but changed later in the season, clearly when Le Coq took over. I had no recollection of them being used that season. 
    Though they had the badge above Quaser unlike the photo in the OP, at least in the photos I found. Designs were the same in 98/99 apart from obviously the lines down the sleeves were replaced with the Le Coq logos.

It's not so much that Le Coq took over I just think the Quaser stuff started running out within the club. Ilic I think wore the grey Quaser shirt in the semis v Ipswich, could be he was bigger than Salmon or Petterson, whose own shirts were no good so le coq supplied more but contractacally it had to say Quaser on them.

The thing that was weird kit wise that season was the home socks changing at some point in the run in. They look le coq in design. Could be the Quaser socks were worn out by then and they could not get in the like for like replacements.
  • I'll have a look for some photos of the socks changing, as I'm sad enough to do that. 
  • PopIcon said:
    Are they different to what is sold in the club shop?
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    Talal said:
    Though they had the badge above Quaser unlike the photo in the OP, at least in the photos I found. Designs were the same in 98/99 apart from obviously the lines down the sleeves were replaced with the Le Coq logos.

It's not so much that Le Coq took over I just think the Quaser stuff started running out within the club. Ilic I think wore the grey Quaser shirt in the semis v Ipswich, could be he was bigger than Salmon or Petterson, whose own shirts were no good so le coq supplied more but contractacally it had to say Quaser on them.

The thing that was weird kit wise that season was the home socks changing at some point in the run in. They look le coq in design. Could be the Quaser socks were worn out by then and they could not get in the like for like replacements.
    Thanks for all the info. I actually googled Quaser and could only find Charlton shirts.
    Is it possible that Le Coq bought out Quaser?
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    I doubt it, but I'd imagine they do not get supplied an unlimited amount.
  • PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    @cafc999 If I bought a home shirt from the club shop, name, number and patch set. Would there be a noticeable difference between my clubsshop purchase and a genuine player issue shirt?
  • PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    @cafc999 If I bought a home shirt from the club shop, name, number and patch set. Would there be a noticeable difference between my clubsshop purchase and a genuine player issue shirt?
    No. Not many teams outside of the top 6 have player issue shirts nowadays. 

I have seen our kit man print shirts up on matchday after taking them off the hangers in the club shop. 
  • edited November 2020
    cafc999 said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    No. Not many teams outside of the top 6 have player issue shirts nowadays. 

I have seen our kit man print shirts up on matchday after taking them off the hangers in the club shop. 
    Thats what I thought. The club could probably add £100k a season if they sold every match worn shirt after a game. At £200 a shirt, would offer great value.

I'm not sure where this would leave the shirt sponsors thing. 
  • Found this one. Also what appear to be some unbranded black shorts (we don't wear black shorts with the home kit often enough in my opinion). A certain Mr Holland before he hit the big time. 

• Definitely need to wear black shorts with our home shirt more, at least once a season should be mandatory.
  • se9addick said:
    Definitely need to wear black shorts with our home shirt more, at least once a season should be mandatory.
    "Lee Bowyers red and black army" doesn't have the same ring.
  • He modelled it pretty well... 

• edited January 2022
    Does anyone have any of the following shirts that they would consider selling? 

I’m looking to get hold of all of the old home shirts and these are the last few I’m looking for. 

Drop me a private message if you have one!

• There's an over priced Ribero 93/94 on eBay atm.
  • Sponsored links:

• My whole collection will be up for sale soon. 
  • TEL said:
    My whole collection will be up for sale soon. 
    That will be interesting

Expect your inbox will be very busy, very soon
  • TEL said:
    My whole collection will be up for sale soon. 
    That will be interesting

Expect your inbox will be very busy, very soon
    I just have to work out the best way to do it. It may be better to wait until Im back home in terms of postage. Hope to get home in June.
  • Best way is to put them all in a box, drive to the museum and just drop them off ☺️

Seriously, speak to @charltonnick and @cafc999. They've sold lots of shirts and can suggest best way to sell and what the market value is.
  • Best way is to put them all in a box, drive to the museum and just drop them off ☺️

Seriously, speak to @charltonnick and @cafc999. They've sold lots of shirts and can suggest best way to sell and what the market value is.
    Will do mate. Thank you.
  • Here to help if needed
  • Yes here to help if required. Click on this link , we are selling a Woolwich shirt at the moment. Still 5 days to go on the auction.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294699982770
  • Some beauties appeared on ebay today including a very rare blue adidas. None of the listings were genuine though. Very strange behaviour from someone...
  • edited March 2022
    Anyone seen a genuine seller for the 1998 Mesh home shirt (different sizes) thanks, I’m after a large.

This looks a bit fake to me?

• Seen quite a few of those "prototypes", not sure how genuine they are.