Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Old Shirt Questions

Comments

• Options
    Talal said:
    PopIcon said:
    cafc999 said:
    That 86/88 home shirt at £231 is VERY expensive - one of my favourite shirts, but too expensive at that price

What is more annoying is I had that very shirt, and an OSCA Woolwich shirt - gave both away years ago - what an idiot
    One went for over £400 a few months ago, in worse condition too!  - the market is bonkers at the moment
    The shirt being sold this week is the EXACT same one that was bought and sold two weeks ago. I know this as the seller bought the same type of shirt (probably in better condition) off a another chap I know on Facebook.
    And because I told you 😂
    Well, I'd say it was a bit of detective work between us..
  • Options
    Can anyone advise the seasons where we have not had a third kit? Some of these seasons we may have used the previous seasons away as the 3rd.

91/92
    93/94
    03/08 - I'm fairy sure we did, but I think the whole all:sports/Lllannera thing was messy
    08/09
    09/10
    10/11
    12/13
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Can anyone advise the seasons where we have not had a third kit? Some of these seasons we may have used the previous seasons away as the 3rd.

91/92 
    93/94
    03/08 - I'm fairy sure we did, but I think the whole all:sports/Lllannera thing was messy
    08/09
    09/10
    10/11 
    12/13 
    I can't comment on 91/92 or 93/94. However, the rest of your list is correct expect for 07/08 where we wore 06/07's black away kit for a third kit (definitely worn away at Palace).
  • Options
    A change of logo font to The Woolwich sponsor from the 83-86 shirt
  • Options
    Great find - that would be worth £££'s on todays market. 
  • Options

1985 FA Cup at the Lane? I've seen replay footage of the return fixture at the Valley and I'm fairly sure we wasn't wearing that kit.

Superb find.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    PopIcon said:

1985 FA Cup at the Lane? I've seen replay footage of the return fixture at the Valley and I'm fairly sure we wasn't wearing that kit.

Superb find.
    Yeah we had Sunley as a shirt sponsor in the replay.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Superb find.
    Yeah we had Sunley as a shirt sponsor in the replay.
    Add that to the list of super rare shirts.
  • Options
    Perhaps we should compile a list of shirts which were only worn on one occasion.
    Jesus, that makes.me sound like a sado.
    @Talal @cafc999
  • Options
    That 86/88 home shirt at £231 is VERY expensive - one of my favourite shirts, but too expensive at that price

What is more annoying is I had that very shirt, and an OSCA Woolwich shirt - gave both away years ago - what an idiot
    I had all the shirts from the first OSCA (including blue and white versions) up until the Mesh one. Most of them got either ripped or worn to death. Wish I'd bloody kept them but at least the Osca ones were auctioned on here a few years ago for the upbeats. The annoying thing is I kept a few other old shirts I had including these 2. My daughter wore it when it took her to England games (I bought a slightly larger modern repro to wear). I've also got a Real Madrid & Spain top from the late 80's somewhere at my mums.

There was a good documentary about the admiral shirts  https://www.itv.com/news/2016-09-21/itv-documentary-get-shirty-looks-back-on-replica-football-kit-pioneers-admiral-and-how-they-lost-it-all

Think it's still on the itvplayer or YouTube
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone know if we wore the Ecru shirt in 99/00 at all? Looking through a programme and it was available to sponsor that year. 
    Thinking maybe it would've been used as a third shirt if needed but never was? 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Anyone know if we wore the Ecru shirt in 99/00 at all? Looking through a programme and it was available to sponsor that year. 
    IIRC we never did. The yellow away we introduced that season didn’t cause any clashes.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Nope, 98/99 only.
  • Options
    Cheers, reason I ask is because I have the opportunity to buy Robinson's ecru shirt from his shirt sponsor that season. Obviously know it's not match worn but is effectively 'match prepared'. Has the correct nameset and Nationwide badges. Can't be too many of this shirt around like that. 
  • Options
    I have Darren Pitchers match worn shirt (he scored og) from Plymouth away last game of season 1991/92
    No 6 on back, Barclays badges on sleeve. Woolwich on front. Is it worth anything.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Acab said:
    I have Darren Pitchers match worn shirt (he scored og) from Plymouth away last game of season 1991/92
    No 6 on back, Barclays badges on sleeve. Woolwich on front. Is it worth anything.
    Nah, not a bean.  In fact I will do you a favour and pop round and pick it up. 😀.

Yes, worth quite a bit I suspect (a few £ hundred) but I am not the expert.  An unsigned, non match worn of that shirt sold for £385 on eBay about a week ago.
  • Options
    Acab said:

@Acab

yes it but it really belongs in a museum, like that Robin badge you have 
  • Options
    Acab said:
    As Ben says. Donate it to the museum for safe keeping.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    The Back to the Valley Shirt was used from the 5/12/92 And for the remainder of that season, it had no sponsor. The shirts were also numbered 1-11

The following season we got a new ribero shirt quite similar to the Back to The Valley Shirt but this one had loads of white specks on it. The shirts were numbered as squad numbers (,Balmer 1, Bolder 2) At the start of the season there was no sponsor.

Viglen came on board as sponsors (thanks to the great work of the late @cholland) in the November.

For some reason in 3 of the 4 Anglo Itallian games we wore the Back to The Valley Shirt (in the 2 home games the Viglen sponsor was added).  I Always thought this was because when playing the Italians (was not needed in the qualifiers against Millwall and Palace) squad numbers wernt allowed and as that season kit had squad numbers may be the club did not have 1-11 (although I'm sure they had for reserve games). And to confuse it even more we wore the  away 93/94 shirt away to Ancona and with the Vivien sponsor in blue numbered 1-11

Just been watching all the highlights on cafc player of the 93-94 Anglo-Italian cup to double check if the shirt I have was worn against Ascoli.
    Interestingly (to me at least) Viglen looks larger in the Pisa game compared with Ascoli; not sure why we went to the lengths of increasing the sponsor size for one game. In both these games we didn't have sleeve badges, though we did against Brescia where we wore the sponsorless bttv shirt. 
    Against Palace and Millwall we were in the regular sponsorless 93-94 shirt. Of course against Ancona it was the white away with blue sponsor.

This isn't a goalie shirt I recognise though (vs Brescia). Couldn't get a clearer image. 

• Options

Just received this from a mate in Sweden.

Whilst collecting badges I'm not too up on prices.  I have seen this on Ebay for £30, is this expensive?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Whilst collecting badges I'm not too up on prices.  I have seen this on Ebay for £30, is this expensive?
    About right for you elfs.
    Im just surprised you didnt get your mate to take a photo, you then put it on ebay and get your mate to send it to the buyers address.
    Would of savedyou the postage aswell.
  • Options
    Anyone know where I can get hold of the old yellow Hummel top?
  • Options

I'm sure this badge is being produced now , made to look old. A modern replica , often the seller is from eastern Europe
  • Options
    edited November 2020

I'm sure this badge is being produced now , made to look old. A modern replica , often the seller is from eastern Europe
    I get the feeling a lot of the old programmes, ticket stubs and shirts on eBay are knock offs.  Either that or, for example, everyone that went to Wembley in 1947 kept their ticket stub and is adding them to eBay on a regular basis.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Theres a bloke who sells them out of his garage on Facebook Marketplace..
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Theres a bloke who sells them out of his garage on Facebook Marketplace..
    I'll take a look, cheers. 
  • Options
    Anyone manage to buy one of the signed shirts today ? They were sold out already before the club put the ad on FB 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Anyone manage to buy one of the signed shirts today ? They were sold out already before the club put the ad on FB 

My daughter managed to get one for her dear Dad as an early Christmas/ Birthday present. 

I didn’t realise that they were that limited. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:

My daughter managed to get one for her dear Dad as an early Christmas/ Birthday present. 

I didn’t realise that they were that limited. 
    Lovely gift, strange choice to make them so limited considering they were relatively cheap. 
  • Options
    Nice gift but the quality of signatures amongst this group are the most squiggly I've seen.