Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• So are Spurs asking the lucky ballot winner S/T holders to buy their tickets twice?
    They've already bought their ticket via  a S/T and then they have to buy the seat again?
    Alternatively, have the S/T holders been refunded/will be refunded, so in actual fact will only be paying once?
  • Dreadful result for Leicester who might well now blow the CL places again.

They have 63 points with 3 tough games left. Man Utd away, Chelsea away, Spurs home.
    Chelsea have 61 points with 4 games left. City away, Arsenal home, Leicester home. Villa away.
    West ham have 58 points. Everton home, Brighton away, West brom away, Southampton home.

West ham could quite easily win all 4 and get 70 points meaning Leicester would need to get 4 points from United and Chelsea and then beat Spurs. They've made things very hard for themselves.
  • Harry Kane scores a goal with the VAR confirming his big toe and the Leeds toe are in line.

The law say that in line is onside.
    Makes a total mockery of the game when VAR is there to help not hinder decisions.

Human faults not  technology faults.
  • If that is Aguero's last goal attempt in a ManC shirt, it's an ignominious end.
  • Aguero didn't think that was a penalty either clearly...
  • If Kante had a final ball he’d honestly be one of the greatest CMs of all time. 

So dominant but can’t always make it happen in the final 3rd.
  • How on earth has that Penalty not been given?
  • Sponsored links:

• Chelsea look very good
  • Chelsea win makes it very interesting for the Euro final .. and UEFA, move the game to England f f s !!
  • I backed Chelsea to win the title at the start, I am a BIG Lampard fan, BUT he was replaced two months too late  :'(
  • Chelsea now beaten them twice in a few weeks, can they make it three in the Champions League?
  • iaitch said:
    Chelsea now beaten them twice in a few weeks, can they make it three in the Champions League?
    They have but in neither the cup semi final or yesterday did City field what would be classed as their main team.

Still think the City XI that beat PSG beats Chelsea in the CL final, but there's no denying that Tuchel has done superbly well in a short space of time.

Next season with Tuchel there all season, Liverpool with their first choice defence back and United surely strengthening too as the Glazers try to calm the fans will all make for an interesting title race. Of course if City get Kane or Haaland though then they'll win it.
  • Was it though?  Loads of players chip penalties.down the middle and score, it just got read by the keeper this time.
  • I once took a worst penalty than that. It was about 35 years ago on a cold and windy Sunday morning on Blackheath Common. They are still trying to find the ball.
  • Was it though?  Loads of players chip penalties.down the middle and score, it just got read by the keeper this time.
    Maybe, but if the keeper read it so easily why did he even start to move? He had enough time to bail out of his dive, adjust his position, spark up a fag, adjust his gloves and still virtually catch it one handed.

When they go in everyone raves about how cool the striker is but when they don't they look, and are, ridiculous. He's more than talented and experienced enough to pick his spot and give the keeper zero chance of saving it. Even if he guesses correctly. Hence it was a very poor choice to make for me, given it could have secured the title for his team. 
  • I once took a worst penalty than that. It was about 35 years ago on a cold and windy Sunday morning on Blackheath Common. They are still trying to find the ball.
    Nicky....?

Nicky Bailey...?

Is that you?
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Sergio Aguero may just be in enough credit with City fans that he doesn’t need to apologise for anything.
  • I think Sergio Aguero may just be in enough credit with City fans that he doesn’t need to apologise for anything.
    Yeah and it doesn't really change much in the grand scheme of things this season... they're still gonna win the league
  • Yesterday it was more Aguer oh dear.
  • Man Utd could save themselves a lot of money by getting Cavani back next season.
  • edited May 2021
    After saying Cafc would finish 7th back in August, I fear that despite some cracking displays from Leicester, I felt when Barnes got injured they would miss out on the last week of the season. With the hammers defeat today it won't be them but the Scouser could still pip them for the last spot. I so want to be wrong and Leicester hang on for 4th.

So yet again, The American businessmen, the UAE oil money and Putin's bitch will see United, Liverpool, City, and Chelski rule supreme. How utterly depressing just after they tried to totally shaft football in England.
  • yes, but we can still laugh at arsenal and spurs, who were only ever makeweights in that little plot
  • Still laugh at the Leicester title season when Spurs somehow managed to finish third in a two horse race for the title. 
  • What a dismal effort by the bottom 3 this season

Never mind the magic 40 points (subsequently reduced to 38), Fulham and West Brom are struggling to reach 30 points and Sheffield United 20!
  • I think Fulham are the only ones who can look back with genuine disappointment. They've generally been ok and played a part in most games, just not quite had enough. Stating the obvious but just not had a goalscorer to rely on. They've only conceded two more than West Ham who could be in the Champions League next season. 21 attempts tonight, only hitting the target 3 times and yet again failing to score. They were just a striker short of staying up, whereas West Brom have always looked like going down.