Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EFL Trophy 2020/2021

Comments

• Options
    I hope Bogle and Maddison both play and bag their first goals in red and white. The record books won’t distinguish the importance or otherwise of the game itself, but a players’ record is its record and a boost to that would be welcome.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Now I don't believe you wanted to do that.....

(Score a hat trick......you then get let go even though at the time we had very few defenders under contract)
  • Options
    Surely as the first part of the tournament is in league format we should play each side home and away?
  • Options
    Bogle will definitely benefit from a goal, so the game could be worthwhile it if provides that alone.
  • Options
    Surprised there havent been any comments about Marcus Maddison buying a stream ;)
  • Options
    Puns galore on the Facebook page...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2020
    ross1 said:
    Now I don't believe you wanted to do that.....

(Score a hat trick......you then get let go even though at the time we had very few defenders under contract)
    Define 'you' whole new SMT in place and it seems we didn't need a defender who may have scored a hat trick in his first game, but never looked near that in any other fixture and wasn't particularly sound at the back.
  • Options
    Surprised there havent been any comments about Marcus Maddison buying a stream ;)
    He's bought 5 in the hope he'll get his two.
  • Options
    Possible loan if he is over his off field issues?
  • Options
    A bad night for  Solskjaer

Man U U21s knocked out of the Pizza Cup by Accrington Stanley
  • Options
    I see my new thread had been usurped.

Can't be arsed to post it all again......but the crux is all our major promotion contenders played tonight (a9art from Ipswich) and won.......most quite comfortably & scoring hatfuls in the process. 

Will it hurt them playing Sat -Tues - Sat whereas we have had a break. Answers on a postcard to Lee Bowyer, Sparrows Lane.
  • Options
    I think this week's break will do us a favour. Time for everyone to sit back and reflect on what's gone wrong in the past few weeks 
  • Options

Can't be arsed to post it all again......but the crux is all our major promotion contenders played tonight (a9art from Ipswich) and won.......most quite comfortably & scoring hatfuls in the process. 

Will it hurt them playing Sat -Tues - Sat whereas we have had a break. Answers on a postcard to Lee Bowyer, Sparrows Lane.
    It does seem that the other teams around us take this trophy more seriously than us. Considering we've spent 7 season in L1 in the last decade, we've never looked like winning this in all its guises
  • Options

It does seem that the other teams around us take this trophy more seriously than us. Considering we've spent 7 season in L1 in the last decade, we've never looked like winning this in all its guises
    We’ve not really had a squad capable of taking it seriously, when being promoted in the league has always been the focus. 
  • Options

We’ve not really had a squad capable of taking it seriously, when being promoted in the league has always been the focus. 
    We certainly have this year though. I've seen some people posting we have the best squad in the division. You can't tell me Lincoln and Accrington have better squads than us?

The problem is though that 5-6 of them are usually injured at any one time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s ok. Can spend a week working on our shape 
  • Options

We certainly have this year though. I've seen some people posting we have the best squad in the division. You can't tell me Lincoln and Accrington have better squads than us?

Ditto our next opponents Wimbledon, who beat Arsenal U21 yesterday 
  • Options

Do you think we have a good squad? Which of OUR players can you see playing at mid Championship level?
  • Options
    Shameful competition, well out of it 

Spoke to a Leeds fan who said plenty were desperate to lose when they got to the semi final a few years back due to the embarrassment of having that on their history 
  • Options

Yup, good point. Personally, I don't know enough about the other clubs to say we have the best squad in the league. But then even if that is true, as you say, 5 or 6 of them are always injured at one time. 

Lincoln and Accrington are very unlikely to have better squads than ours, but who is to say how close they'll both be to top 6 at end of the season. Reaching the semi or final of this cup may turn out to be the highlight of there season. Even if we reached the semi or final, but then finished outside the top 6 in the league, a small amount of fans would see that as a success. 
  • Options
    Shit competition anyway but nice to see all the u23/u21 sides out before the quarter finals.
  • Options
    Hull, Sunderland, Lincoln and Peterborough all still in. I imagine Accrington with their fixture backlog are happy to be out!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Do you think we have a good squad? Which of OUR players can you see playing at mid Championship level?
    Not sure why mid championship matters given we're playing in league one but yes i do think we have a good squad.

I would say that most sides in this division would want the likes of Amos, Gunter, Matthews, Famewo, Maatsen, Watson, Shinnie, Gilbey (MK Dons POTY last season), Williams, Doughty, Maddison, Aneke and Schwartz in their squad.

The problem (as ever) is that we don't often have most of squad fit at the same time. I think we all know that if we'd had Inniss, Famewo, Doughty and Shinnie available all season then we'd almost certainly be in the automatic spots.

As it happens from 21 games, Shinnie has played 10, Famewo 9, Doughty 7 and Inniss 5. From 84 available appearances, they've played 31. It's not rocket science to know that if you're missing 4 of your best players for almost a third of the season you'll struggle a bit.
  • Options
    Portsmouth lost 4-2 on penalties to Salford City in the 2019/20 final

Hope that extra game and pointless Extra-Time etc. was worth it

Salford on the other hand get to enjoy having the trophy for 24-hours
  • Options
    Portsmouth lost 4-2 on penalties to Salford City in the 2019/20 final

Hope that extra game and pointless Extra-Time etc. was worth it

Salford on the other hand get to enjoy having the trophy for 24-hours
    Was a really enjoyable game to watch.