Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EFL Trophy 2020/2021

Comments

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Total waste of time and pointless, but can we go to the game? 
    Can you go to any game in September? Nope 
    Sorry The sarcasm doesn’t come over we’ll in written word.

Some of us might get to go for the Doncaster game in September 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Urghhhh why are we back in this competition again, think being in it is one of the worst things about being in League one.

Add to that last season we were playing Fulhams first team, now we will possibly play their youth team(and probably lose)

The dates for the 2020/21 EFL Trophy are as follows:

• Matchday 1 - September 8th/9th 2020

• Matchday 2 - October 6th/7th 2020

• Matchday 3 - November 10th/11th 2020

• Round of 32 - December 8th/9th 2020

• Round of 16 - January 12th/13th 2021

• Quarter-Finals - February 2nd/3rd 2021

• Semi-Finals - 16/17 February 16th/17th 2021

• Final - March 14th 2021

Category One Invited Clubs taking part in the 2020/21 EFL Trophy competition have now been confirmed and are as follows: 

• Arsenal • Aston Villa • Brighton & Hove Albion

• Chelsea • Fulham • Leeds United

• Leicester City • Liverpool • Manchester City

• Manchester United • Newcastle United • Norwich City (EFL)

• Southampton • West Bromwich Albion • West Ham United

• Wolverhampton Wanderers

The Group Stage draw for the EFL Trophy will take place on Tuesday, August 18th at 1.30pm on TalkSPORT 2.  

Would quite like it if we won this tournament... You know seeing as we've been the best club in it a couple of times and lost too early
    Only reason I'd want to see us win the EFL Trophy is if we're in mid-table in League One and dont look like getting promotion
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Urghhhh why are we back in this competition again, think being in it is one of the worst things about being in League one.

Add to that last season we were playing Fulhams first team, now we will possibly play their youth team(and probably lose)

The dates for the 2020/21 EFL Trophy are as follows:

• Matchday 1 - September 8th/9th 2020

• Matchday 2 - October 6th/7th 2020

• Matchday 3 - November 10th/11th 2020

• Round of 32 - December 8th/9th 2020

• Round of 16 - January 12th/13th 2021

• Quarter-Finals - February 2nd/3rd 2021

• Semi-Finals - 16/17 February 16th/17th 2021

• Final - March 14th 2021

Category One Invited Clubs taking part in the 2020/21 EFL Trophy competition have now been confirmed and are as follows: 

• Arsenal • Aston Villa • Brighton & Hove Albion

• Chelsea • Fulham • Leeds United

• Leicester City • Liverpool • Manchester City

• Manchester United • Newcastle United • Norwich City (EFL)

• Southampton • West Bromwich Albion • West Ham United

• Wolverhampton Wanderers

The Group Stage draw for the EFL Trophy will take place on Tuesday, August 18th at 1.30pm on TalkSPORT 2.  

Would quite like it if we won this tournament... You know seeing as we've been the best club in it a couple of times and lost too early
    Only reason I'd want to see us win the EFL Trophy is if we're in mid-table in League One and dont look like getting promotion
    If, by some miracle, we came anywhere close to getting to the final at Wembley you can rest assured that the Football League would bring in a new ruling that we were only allowed to put out a veterans side with a minimum age of 45.

They've rogered us on most other things in recent months so I can't see why this would be any different.
  • Options
    Is this match being streamed on Valley Player?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    No, we are all watching the Court Hearing instead. 😬
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    se9addick said:
    No, we are all watching the Court Hearing instead. 😬
    Maybe both events can be streamed on Valley Pass in a double-header.

A feast of entertainment on "Terrific Tuesday".
  • Options
    It’s being advertised on AFC Wimbledon site for £10
  • Options
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f4d17d6c5081/watch-tuesdays-efl-trophy-game-against-afc-wimbledon-live-on-valley-pass

On our website now

£10 really

Was gonna pay if it was £5 but £10 is taking the piss for pretty much a friendly lol.

Cup tickets are usually cheaper than league games so why is this the same price as what a league game would be?

Surely it should just be £5, cant honestly see to many people paying £10 for a EFL Trophy game
  • Options
    £5 if you’re abroad or “abroad” 😉
  • Options
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f4d17d6c5081/watch-tuesdays-efl-trophy-game-against-afc-wimbledon-live-on-valley-pass

On our website now

£10 really

Was gonna pay if it was £5 but £10 is taking the piss for pretty much a friendly lol.

Cup tickets are usually cheaper than league games so why is this the same price as what a league game would be?

Surely it should just be £5, cant honestly see to many people paying £10 for a EFL Trophy game
    Is there a minimum price that clubs can charge for iFollow (or in-house equivalent)?

When we have home cup matches against lower-league opponents we always seem to have to charge a minimum of £10 otherwise the oppo complain that they're being short-changed from their "glamour" tie, so I wondered if there was a similar restriction for streaming.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Nice if you know how to go "abroad" for 2 hours lol some of us are not that clever
  • Options

On our website now

£10 really

Is there a minimum price that clubs can charge for iFollow (or in-house equivalent)?

When we have home cup matches against lower-league opponents we always seem to have to charge a minimum of £10 otherwise the oppo complain that they're being short-changed from their "glamour" tie, so I wondered if there was a similar restriction for streaming.
    Think you’re right, believe it may have been mentioned that the EFL set minimum pricing.

£10 is a kit for a match that Bowyer said he would be treating as a pre-season game a few days ago, but I’ll probably still watch.
  • Options
    First game on the road to Wembley😁.

• Options

Road closed for re-surfacing.

Expect delays up to 18 months whilst the new contractor, TS Unlimited, carries out the repair work.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

On our website now

£10 really

Yeah £10 is the minimum that we're allowed to charge under EFL Regulations (is in the link) ;)

Notice that the Annual Pass for those "abroad" has gone from £110 to £140... Also claimed as the minimum that the EFL are allowed to charge, yet for the last few years its been okay for them the charge the former? - More rules that the EFL seem to simply to change at will
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Nice if you know how to go "abroad" for 2 hours lol some of us are not that clever
    Download the Opera browser (it’s free) and set the VPN to wherever in the world you like :)
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Download the Opera browser (it’s free) and set the VPN to wherever in the world you like :)
    Seeing the game is available for UK viewers you only need to have your VPN on to pay for the game - Once you've done so, can turn it back off if you want

Thats if you're using a VPN that only allowes limited bandwidth and so leaves you with a laggy / buffering stream
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Well that sounds easy lol
  • Options

Road closed for re-surfacing.

Expect delays up to 18 months whilst the new contractor, TS Unlimited, carries out the repair work.
    If it’s only 18 months I would be very happy. 

Just over 15 months ago we had a fantastic day out at Wembley. 

How quickly things can change!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had anyone else purchased the game tonight? 
    I have bought it through Valley Pass will it automatically start or do I need a password/ passcode?
    anyone got any idea?
    thanks 
  • Options
    I have bought it through Valley Pass will it automatically start or do I need a password/ passcode?
    anyone got any idea?
    thanks 
    You'll just have to go to live.cafc.co.uk (make sure you're logged in when you're on the page)

Stream usually starts about 15mins before the game is due to begin
  • Options
    anyone got any idea?
    thanks 
    You'll just have to go to live.cafc.co.uk (make sure you're logged in when you're on the page)

Stream usually starts about 15mins before the game is due to begin
    Cheers thanks for that. 
    I was hoping that would be the case. 
    I tried Earlier and it said there was an error. I am guessing that will change when the game starts.

Thanks again 

• Options
    Some top quality defending on show tonight.....

What game are you watching?
  • Options
    Not watched any of the matches, but some interesting scorelines, probably reflecting the relative match fitness of the sides

Sunderland 8 Aston Villa U21 1
    Accrington Stanley 7 Leeds United U21 0
  • Options
    As if this competition couldn't become anymore tinpot
  • Options
    That just tops it off... 
  • Options
    Devasted we have been knocked out now its being sponsored by Papa Johns.

Who doesnt want to win the Papa Johns Trophy 

I hope we get a Pizza that