Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Carabao Cup 2020/2021 (ed Pg.5 - Round 2 West Ham away)

Comments

• If they had our Rhys Williams they wouldn't have a defence.
  • A lesson in finishing from Liverpool's reserves last night. Some top quality goals.
  • Rory Delap's 17-year old son (Liam) has scored for Man City on his debut tonight

Dunno why but that makes me feel really old when players who havent long retired have kids already appearing
    It's worse when the children of players you remember are also long retired  :D
    Exactly. 
    It's not that long ago I was cheering on paddy Powell.
    Now his son Chris is also retired. 
    Makes me feel old.
  • Full 4th round draw.

Liverpool v Arsenal
    Burnley v Man City
    Brentford v Fulham
    Everton v West Ham
    Villa v Stoke
    Orient/Spurs v Chelsea
    Newport v Newcastle
    Brighton v Man Utd

Not sure when the EFL will make a decision on Orient v Spurs. Not as if they're known for making speedy decisions.
  • If it screws the smaller club they'll decide quickly.
  • Spurs been given a bye into the next round

Wonder what would have happened had it been Spurs with no players?

Can't see how that is fair in anyway shape or form. It probably doesn't make a lot of difference this season, but any other year this would have cost Orient 6 figure sum. 
  • edited September 2020
    Spurs been given a bye into the next round

Effectively Spurs will then give Chelsea a bye into the next round anyway. Massively unfair on Spurs to have  to play this game today, when they're also having to play Europa League matches on Thursdays
  • No sign of Johnson tonight for West ham.
    He was in our club shop earlier today and accidentally got locked in
  • Sponsored links:

He played nearly half the match on Sunday vs Wolves, I think he's outgrown the EFL Trophy!
  • Minutes away from a penalty shootout, Spurs v Chelsea.
  • Dier ran off for a shit and Chelsea nearly scored. Jose ran off down the tunnel after him. Bizarre.

Effectively Spurs will then give Chelsea a bye into the next round anyway. Massively unfair on Spurs to have  to play this game today, when they're also having to play Europa League matches on Thursdays
    Somehow Spurs go through on penalties!
  • Dier ran off for a shit and Chelsea nearly scored. Jose ran off down the tunnel after him. Bizarre.
    I hope Dier isn't superstitious. From now on he'll have to do that every game
  • Tough times for Lampard. Needs to start getting some results.
  • Maybe he needs some money to spend on players?
  • Tough times for Lampard. Needs to start getting some results.
    He had the transfer embargo excuse last season for some poor results - "you'll get inconsistency with kids etc"

After spending a fortune this summer, he needs to deliver. What's Avram Grant doing these days?
  • Sponsored links:

• Think Grant is lined up to play Happy in Snow White at Panto this season.
  • Another shootout coming up. 
    Newport vs Newcastle this time
  • Didn’t realise Juan Mata was still at United, captaining them tonight. 
  • edited September 2020
    Ancelotti is definitely not messing about, starting Richarlison, James Rodriguez and Calvert-Lewin.

City who haven't lost in this cup for about 10 years are 3-0 up at Burnley.

EDIT: Just looked, October 2016 was the last time City were knocked of this cup!
  • Ben Johnson playing for West Ham
  • Hattrick for Calvert-Lewin tonight, he's been on fire since first Duncan and then Ancelotti took over
  • Would get Calvert-Lewin into this latest England squad at this rate!!
  • Another shootout coming up. 
    Newport vs Newcastle this time
    Very sad for Newport. They're a team that I love.

They basically live off cup runs (of which they have had plenty), pity for them that they will have got no ticket revenue for knocking out Swansea, Watford and playing Newcastle. That's a huge amount of money for a club like them.
  • Many of the Big 6 will be scratching their heads why they didn't go for him!