Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alex Gilbey - Re-signed for MK Dons (p37)

Comments

• Options
    Could we " mould " him into a striker ? 
  • Options
    Most loans have a recall in January.  Slow news day in south london perhaps..
  • Options
    We will be bringing him back as Dobsons replacement once an offer comes in
  • Options
    Better than Morgan & JFC imo. 
  • Options
    Agreed, but hardly a yardstick!
  • Options
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-midfielders-exit-came-as-a-shock-to-afc-wimbledon-boss-johnnie-jackson/

A new manager and possible take over will make it much harder to unload players like Gilbey, Lavelle and JFC in January IMO 
  • Options
    Oh Johnnie.
  • Options
    'we should never have sacked Jackson'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Much of a muchness. Though at least Morgan tries, Gilbey hides. 
  • Options
    2 goals and 3 assists in 20 games.

In League 2.

Not exactly setting the world on fire.
    I worked out a while back Gilbey scored 1 goal every 11 games in his career to date, what he’s done at league 2 Stevenage is bring that down to 1 in 10.  Comments like those from the Jackson interview makes me think Jackson doesn’t have a clue.  
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Gilbey was horrendous from about January onwards last year .  As you say, hides when the going is tough .  
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Talal said:
    Gilbey was horrendous from about January onwards last year .  As you say, hides when the going is tough .  
    What's the underlying cause, though? If players do that, it's usually a crisis of confidence. 

• Options
    I know every player becomes a world beater to fans when they're away from us but there's got to be a limit around the Gilbey mark. Come on now
  • Options
    I know every player becomes a world beater to fans when they're away from us but there's got to be a limit around the Gilbey mark. Come on now
    We have a squad of journeymen- Gilbey never stood out like most of our players.
  • Options
    Anyone think we’ll be seeing him in January?
  • Options
    Nope
  • Options
    Alcafc1 said:
    Fucking hope not. 
  • Options
    Alcafc1 said:
    Fucking hope not. 
    I would have agreed but I genuinely don’t think he could be a lot worse than we have already .  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Alcafc1 said:
    Fucking hope not. 
    I would have agreed but I genuinely don’t think he could be a lot worse than we have already .  
    Stevenage are doing well at present with Gilbey in the side. I can't see him as much worse than most of our team.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

In League 2.

I worked out a while back Gilbey scored 1 goal every 11 games in his career to date, what he’s done at league 2 Stevenage is bring that down to 1 in 10.  Comments like those from the Jackson interview makes me think Jackson doesn’t have a clue.  
    Jackson clearly had his favourites, regardless of their performance for the side. That's why he would never have been a success as Charlton's manager and it was best for everyone that he didn't get a new contract. 
  • Options
    Gilbey a better athlete than Morgan or Henry. As many have said he's not as bad as some of the players in the team right now. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    cabbles said:

In League 2.

Jackson clearly had his favourites, regardless of their performance for the side. That's why he would never have been a success as Charlton's manager and it was best for everyone that he didn't get a new contract. 
    Agreed - we’ve really kicked on since he left ..

I’m not saying I think Jackson was that good but we are never going to attract good managers with our current ownership so we may as well have kelt what we know .  I don’t think we’d have been as low in the league. 
  • Options
  • Options
    Out of contract this summer I hope
  • Options
    Is that him singing/dancing in the video? Ridiculous if so.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Is that him singing/dancing in the video? Ridiculous if so.
    Yes that's him to the left of the screen