Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Washington - now at Derby (p26)

1212223242527»

Comments

• Options
    now moved on to Derby
    Good. Weakens a promotion rival
  • Options
    If May lives up to his reputation, he'll do exactly what Washington did but with more goals. I think that at this level Washington will be useful for Derby but not a prolific scorer, and definitely not what we are needing ourselves currently.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    If May lives up to his reputation, he'll do exactly what Washington did but with more goals. I think that at this level Washington will be useful for Derby but not a prolific scorer, and definitely not what we are needing ourselves currently.
    Has this become the default now? Us having to justify why we should not sign an ex player after they've had their fun with the league above.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    thenewbie said:
    Has this become the default now? Us having to justify why we should not sign an ex player after they've had their fun with the league above.
    I'm not justifying anything. I was probably one of the more pro-Washington lot when he was here and I still think he's probably a useful acquisition for Derby. 

But we have a different system and a new approach now so we simply aren't looking for a channel runner or a effort merchant, we need actual end product and that was never his forte. I never thought we could, would or should go anywhere near actually bringing him back.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Any one remember the Port Vale 4-4 at the Valley. Of course you do ! You were either watching Charlton TV or a dodgy link as Covid was raging and life had stopped.
    4-2 down at HT after Amos lost sight of a couple of rockets by the 17 year old Kwadwo Baah. 
    Right, late on in the match and it's 4-4 which may have been the game Ronnie Schwartz scored ? Conor gets the ball on the right, (his best foot) goes around the keeper with half the goal showing and....... Puts the ball in the side netting and I kick the small table and cup of coffee goes flying 🤦🏻‍♂️ 
    Mrs soapbox not impressed and that is my lasting memory of Conor Washington who left a stain on my mind and carpet.

Conor Washington is best in a two and Stockley was half decent when the two played as a pair opposed to when Conor spent his time running down the left flank.
  • Options
    Ronnie scored against Rochdale I believe. 

That was quite an abysmal miss by Washington. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Is there a Charlton striker with a worse record one-on-one with the keeper? He must have missed 12 in his last season with us.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Is there a Charlton striker with a worse record one-on-one with the keeper? He must have missed 12 in his last season with us.
    Yet at same time, could equally finsh one vs one in beautiful fashion - His goal against Morecambe example of that.
  • Options
    We would never have got promoted with him in the side . 
  • Options
    I doubt he'll be as effective for them as was the remarkable McGoldrick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Yet at same time, could equally finsh one vs one in beautiful fashion - His goal against Morecambe example of that.
    The definition of the word inconsistent that is :)