Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA 21

Comments

• Options
    Has there been a update yet?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I started a career mode out of habit more than anything. 

They've taken away the catalogue, so you can't get a new youth player every year (they give you a few at the start) and there are no more financial takeovers (only at the start of your career is there a similar option). 

The new training system is a half-hearted attempt to add a more Football Manager side to it. There's no depth to it whatsoever, and all it really does is slow down the weekly progress. 

The jump in/ jump out element of games is good, I do appreciate that. Speeds up the season a bit. 

Otherwise, it's almost exactly the same. Until they take it as seriously as FM, it's not going to change. I'd like to dictate who goes up for corners and who stays back, and I'd like to play at The Valley. but these are pipe dreams. I'll be back on Pro Clubs soon enough. 
  • Options
    After playing it for a couple of weeks now I can see what's better than FIFA 20. I'm scoring more varied goals and more physical players feel more useful even when they don't have a lot of pace, they usually have great strength and positioning to make up for it and players make more intelligent runs. Shot blocking and contain defending is a bit easier once you get used to it and players can't just ping it about, spin and fire into the near post anymore. Crossing and heading are now not a complete waste of time, and there doesn't seem to be a "meta" way of winning.... Yet. 

This is all in Ultimate Team btw
  • Options
    First time in about 15 years I haven't bought fifa, and only realised after spotting this thread.

Think I'll wait to the new xbox is out and then purchase it. 

I've seen alot of reviews that it's effectively fifa 20 with some minor tweeks. Is that the case or does it take a hard core player to notice the big differences. 
  • Options
    It is a bit slower paced than 20 and defending is harder. I'm not sure what changes some people are expecting, when the servers were good on 20 i thought it was a decent game. No need for big changes gameplay wise.
  • Options
    Come on EA do a squad update 

Waiting to start a career mode
  • Options
    Come on EA do a squad update 

Waiting to start a career mode
    Any idea when this will happen? I want to start a Charlton career but not without the correct players!
  • Options
    I'm actually enjoying this Fifa for the first time in about 3 years, I cannot defend to save my life
  • Options
    I'm actually enjoying this Fifa for the first time in about 3 years, I cannot defend to save my life
    Agreed granted i dont play constant like i have in the past but i feel its a massive improvement. I like the way pace isn't everything this year, people keep saying pace this, but i dont feel its as big a factor personally. It still helps but i find the players who dont have it can make good runs and have other traits: James Rodrigues card is a great example if people have it. 

My internet has been a pain even in squad battles , last week i had 2 good long sessions before it got back to norm but thats my area + Fifa servers just doesn't seem to mix. It is what it is , i've tried enough and we have alot of things running. I will hopefully start a career mode soon are the updates there yet? for Charlton obv
  • Options
    Anyone on Ultimate team and have a some coins spare, build a Serie A team if you can, Immobile us a beast up top, Alejandro Gomez just behind making runs into the box, Koulibaly at the back, I've gone from flirting with relegation to Division 5 to coasting along in Division 3 in 3 days
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got all excited tonight because I thought I would give it a check and saw there was a squad update ready to download, and thought yes finally I can start a career mode.

But no, no new players, Phillips and Oztumer still at Charlton.

What on earth did they just update lol, they certainly put something on there, because it said latest squads downloaded 🤣🤣

Can't believe its taken soooo long, I just want to start a bloody career mode now 
  • Options
    Finally a squad update

Charltons Squad is now the following 

GK
    Amos
    Maynard-Brewer

RB
    Gunter
    Sarpong-Weirdu
    Barker

CB
    Oshilaja
    Famewo
    Pearce
    Inniss

LB
    Purrington
    Maatsen

LWB
    Doughty 

CDM
    Watson

CM
    Shinnie
    Foster-Caskey
    Gilbey
    Pratley
    Levitt
    Morgan
    Vennings
    Quitirna

CAM
    Maddison
    Williams

ST
    Aneke
    Washington 
    Bogle
    Smyth 
    Davison

Shame for Wasim as he seems to have lost his place on the game now and no place yet for Matthews, but I dont mind just missing Matthews lol.

Can finally start a career mode
  • Options
    If you start a career mode, Lapslie and Oztumer are also there just out on loan
  • Options
    If you start a career mode, Lapslie and Oztumer are also there just out on loan
    You might want to send your mate Davison out on loan. 

reading above looks like we have tonnes of options + Matthews, good to see :) Glad they finally updated, might finish my be a pro first. about half way through now 15 games, 15 goals, 14 assists. CDM but i pretty much go forward every chance and constant up and down poor Alfie :wink:
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    For people who care about this sort of thing the Charlton kits now have sponsorship on thrm
    Oh good, the new update is downloading for me now. Is there a squads update to go along with it? Would like to have Matthews before I start a career mode.
  • Options
    Finally a squad update

Charltons Squad is now the following 

GK
    Amos
    Maynard-Brewer

RB
    Gunter
    Sarpong-Weirdu
    Barker

CB
    Oshilaja
    Famewo
    Pearce
    Inniss

LB
    Purrington
    Maatsen

LWB
    Doughty 

CDM
    Watson

CM
    Shinnie
    Foster-Caskey
    Gilbey
    Pratley
    Levitt
    Morgan
    Vennings
    Quitirna

CAM
    Maddison
    Williams

ST
    Aneke
    Washington 
    Bogle
    Smyth 
    Davison

Shame for Wasim as he seems to have lost his place on the game now and no place yet for Matthews, but I dont mind just missing Matthews lol.

Can finally start a career mode
    New Update and Matthews has been added.

Quitirna has lost his place to make way for Matthews(seems we can only have 28 players lol)
  • Options
    EA have messed up loans on career mode, its impossible to loan your players out now lol.

Clubs keep offering loans with option to buy and as soon as I say no loan only they walk away so I cant loan anyone out.

• Options
    There’s SO many bugs in career mode it’s frustrating.

The loans and transfer window in general just doesn’t work very well. You either can’t loan players in or out as much as you should be able to. Or as Paulie said, if you say no to loan to buy, they’re not interested. You’re then unlikely to get any kind of offer for that player again.

When negotiating, it comes up with some random manager who is speaking to his double, both wearing FUT kits, it’s madness. What is the point in spending time making your manager’s avatar, what they look like, wearing, name etc if it’s going to bug and not be used in game?

The development plan is a very good idea, it makes it easier to adapt stats and positions for players, like Doughty for me is now a winger rather than a wing-back. That part is good. Saves me buying a winger because I’ve converted a player already. 

I do like the fact you can jump in and jump out of games, it makes it much quicker if you don’t want to play every single game all the time but can still influence proceedings.

I like the game play of FIFA much better this season, but they really did release an unfinished game that has still so many bugs to fix, so many details to add in and update. Why they also haven’t put in Elland Road yet I don’t know?

What’s taking them so long other than focusing so much on FUT that the rest of the game is let down?

With a bit more care and consideration to the actual smaller features that make it more personable, and stop putting all the focus on one game mode that means they make even more money, they really could have the best football game, hands down. I just can’t see them moving away from that focus and making it generally a fantastic game that works for everyone. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As an example of another issue: Say I have signed a couple of players who both earning £10k a week at their previous clubs, but when signing for me I offer them something like £3.5k a week, and they don’t even bother to negotiate. It’s apparently a reasonable offer and they’re happy. Just seems like they have added in a few interesting features in career mode and let the rest of the mode suffer.
  • Options
    Career mode is so broken at the moment, on top of everything Sage has mentioned my star academy prospect has no torso and is carrying a red card . 

Was quite looking forward to actually doing a Charlton career for once but until they fix everything it's really not worth it. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Same thing every year with career mode, no matter how many times EA say they’ve fixed it and made it better than before.

All the while they’re making money off of Ultimate Team they won’t do it properly.
  • Options
    I dread getting or giving away a penalty in Career Mode. The camera goes into close up on a player for 20-30 seconds, as he shuffles weirdly along the pitch. If I get the penalty, the keeper saves it anyway. 
  • Options
    They'll only care about career mode and pro clubs when they figure out a way to monetize them.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Playing Career Mode on the highest difficulty. Literally every time they get the ball you feel like they are going to get the ball into the box and probably score. I've managed to hold my own and get the odd win and draw, but not without conceding 3-4 in the process.

5-5 against Burton Albion was a real highlight.
  • Options
    Qualify for FUT Champions every week and no matter how much I try, I win between 14-16 games out of 30. I had won 13 games after 21 matches this weekend and won 1 out of the last 9. My game play did not change and will admit a couple of more skilful players beat me fair and square, but in two other games I lost by the odd goal having led by 4-0 and 3-0. Pretty frustrating at times...
  • Options
    Qualify for FUT Champions every week and no matter how much I try, I win between 14-16 games out of 30. I had won 13 games after 21 matches this weekend and won 1 out of the last 9. My game play did not change and will admit a couple of more skilful players beat me fair and square, but in two other games I lost by the odd goal having led by 4-0 and 3-0. Pretty frustrating at times...
    I am finding almost exactly the same. The more wins you get it definitely applies skill based match making and I end up playing against teams with 8 icons for my last 5-10 games
  • Options
    Was on 16 and 8, now on 16 and 11, 3 games left to hit 17 wins. So frustrating
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Career mode is so broken at the moment, on top of everything Sage has mentioned my star academy prospect has no torso and is carrying a red card . 

Was quite looking forward to actually doing a Charlton career for once but until they fix everything it's really not worth it. 
    Me too. My 74 rated youth player I promoted to the first team has no upper body and is always carrying a red card. This makes it incredibly difficult to see him as an option on the wing.