Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA 21

Comments

• Options
    If it wasn't for licences noone would even bother with FIFA at all. It's a crock of crap compared to PES. 
  • Options
    Daddy_Pig said:
    If it wasn't for licences noone would even bother with FIFA at all. It's a crock of crap compared to PES. 
    Really easy download that puts all the kits, badges, stadiums etc on PES available.
  • Options
    Am enjoying FIFA 21 so far. There is definitely a bug still with headers though, Benzema heads the ball in the six yard box and it heads towards the corner flag, I know how to play the game and that is not right - am sure it will get fixed. The dynamism is more realistic than ever and if you have not got a fair grip on defensive techniques, frankly you are a bit fooked.

As always, shell out for the Ultimate Edition and load 12,000 coins in to buy 80 prime gold packs. Had early access and it paid off big time this year And about time too, pulled Son, Mane, De Bruyne, Fernandez, Alfonzo Davies twice (@65k) and Varane. All cashed, bar Varane, for a French side, including Mbappe - he tears it up every game, goals guaranteed, just a question of how few goals I can keep out at the other end?

Worked out only last week that I have been playing this bloody game for 24 out of the 26 years it has been out, switched to PES for the other two years about 10 years ago. 

My wife is convinced that I will eventually lay in a coffin with my hands shaped in a PS4 (read PS20 hopefully) controller grip.
  • Options
    I packed Mané in my third pack, sold him for 500k or so and sold a couple of other high sellers (Wijnaldum, Valverde, Davies) so built a whole PL team out of it

Currently play with

Allison
    TAA Gomez Sanchez Reguilon
    Wijnaldum Havertz Allan
    Bale Werner Rashford

With Jimenez, Kane, Rodrigo, Ziyech, Bergwijn, Laporte and Ndidi on my bench
  • Options
    have seen you Can personalise stadiums with club chants etc ... 

do we have any?
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    have seen you Can personalise stadiums with club chants etc ... 

do we have any?
    I don’t think so. Hope to come across Ole Ole Ole, but not yet...
  • Options
    Daddy_Pig said:
    Really easy download that puts all the kits, badges, stadiums etc on PES available.
    On Xbox? Or just PC/ PS?

I agree that last year's PES felt lovely to play, it was like the old days when it made Fifa feel like an arcade machine. I just can't bring myself to play Master League or deal with South London Reds etc. anymore. I so badly wish EA lost the monopoly on the licensing. 

And I mainly play Pro Clubs too, which is good for me cos I don't lose my temper playing that! 
  • Options
    Anywhere know the cheapest place you can go out and buy it on PS4?

I’ll be getting the disc version of PS5 so will use the dual entitlement but for now and until I have a PS5, aiming to get this soon.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Daddy_Pig said:
    On Xbox? Or just PC/ PS?

I agree that last year's PES felt lovely to play, it was like the old days when it made Fifa feel like an arcade machine. I just can't bring myself to play Master League or deal with South London Reds etc. anymore. I so badly wish EA lost the monopoly on the licensing. 

And I mainly play Pro Clubs too, which is good for me cos I don't lose my temper playing that! 
    I don’t know about Xbox but PS4 definitely as my mates done it.

Edit: Just found this

PES 2020 Option File: Can I get real names, kits, and badges on Xbox One?

As of writing, there is still no way to get real names, kits, and badges on your PES 2020 Xbox One copy. Outside of being a dab hand at using the in-game editor, it’s impossible due to the Microsoft console’s lack of compatibility for third-party files.

• Options
    Sage said:

I’ll be getting the disc version of PS5 so will use the dual entitlement but for now and until I have a PS5, aiming to get this soon.

Thanks!
    Sorry probably not getting your question properly but if you're not bothered about the disc version for PS4 its always worth looking here for cheap prices

https://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-fifa-21-ps4-compare-prices/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Am enjoying FIFA 21 so far. There is definitely a bug still with headers though, Benzema heads the ball in the six yard box and it heads towards the corner flag, I know how to play the game and that is not right - am sure it will get fixed. The dynamism is more realistic than ever and if you have not got a fair grip on defensive techniques, frankly you are a bit fooked.

As always, shell out for the Ultimate Edition and load 12,000 coins in to buy 80 prime gold packs. Had early access and it paid off big time this year And about time too, pulled Son, Mane, De Bruyne, Fernandez, Alfonzo Davies twice (@65k) and Varane. All cashed, bar Varane, for a French side, including Mbappe - he tears it up every game, goals guaranteed, just a question of how few goals I can keep out at the other end?

Worked out only last week that I have been playing this bloody game for 24 out of the 26 years it has been out, switched to PES for the other two years about 10 years ago. 

My wife is convinced that I will eventually lay in a coffin with my hands shaped in a PS4 (read PS20 hopefully) controller grip.
    Wow sick luck, i never ever have spent money on packs. Defeats the object for me as thats the reason i enjoy Ultimate team. Granted only played 10 hours but have a squad rated 80 before i've played it properly so a reasonable start. Packed De Gea, although in real life not great but on the game is one of the best in the Premier league so good start.

I have got ultimate team special edition in the past but my lucks rubbish so just got the normal game but still get a few weeks of packs. Current side, obviously i will be aiming to upgrade every position

De Gea
    Coleman O Connell , Salisu, Regullion (did pack otemendi but the other 2 play better although rated lower
    Le Celco/ Tielmans
    Wilian / Trossard (Saka) still need to play more with Trossard to work out who will be better
    Ings/ Giroud - I know i need to sort this out asap lol 

alot to work with , assensio on the bench and reasonable reserves although less of a factor this year with no fitness you can just play the first 11 mostly bar the odd injury (although you can obviously use cards)

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    I packed Mané in my third pack, sold him for 500k or so and sold a couple of other high sellers (Wijnaldum, Valverde, Davies) so built a whole PL team out of it

Currently play with

Allison
    Wijnaldum Havertz Allan
    Bale Werner Rashford

Thats also a hell of a team early on! whats the plan build another team to switch between or just go for inform/SBC that improve it. 
  • Options
    If you want to print a Charlton cover for your game (if you have the physical version of course)

https://www.efl.com/fifa21/?league=league-one
  • Options
    Sage said:

Thanks!
    Sorry probably not getting your question properly but if you're not bothered about the disc version for PS4 its always worth looking here for cheap prices

I’ll be getting the disc version so I can use the dual entitlement when I get a PS5 as I want the normal version of PS5, but thank you anyway mate.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

Thanks!

I’ll be getting the disc version so I can use the dual entitlement when I get a PS5 as I want the normal version of PS5, but thank you anyway mate.
    Worth remembering that EA are bastards and only your UT and Volta saves will transfer over. I'd suggest you don't start a career mode until you're on the PS5 version (unless you love starting new ones of course)
  • Options
    FIFA and PES haven't progressed enough since when I used to get them as a kid, the Career Modes in particular have stagnated. 

That being said, I would say the gameplay of PES is stronger than FIFA now. The scripting in FIFA over the last few years has been blatant. I can't remember the last time I played through an entire season, it just gets boring.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Currently play with

Allison
    Wijnaldum Havertz Allan
    Bale Werner Rashford

Thats also a hell of a team early on! whats the plan build another team to switch between or just go for inform/SBC that improve it. 
    I usually go Serie A for my squads as they're cheaper, but I got so many PL players in packs so far I thought I'd start with that, plus SBC's are always weighted towards PL. Want to get a KDB/Bruno Penandes and VVD in eventually, and probably upgrade the wings too, but it's a decent start. 

My best pack pulls were all on Web App by the way, always seems to be weighted better, and the gold upgrade SBC' is insane, packed Allison twice in a row
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:

Currently play with

Allison
    Wijnaldum Havertz Allan
    Bale Werner Rashford

I usually go Serie A for my squads as they're cheaper, but I got so many PL players in packs so far I thought I'd start with that, plus SBC's are always weighted towards PL. Want to get a KDB/Bruno Penandes and VVD in eventually, and probably upgrade the wings too, but it's a decent start. 

My best pack pulls were all on Web App by the way, always seems to be weighted better, and the gold upgrade SBC' is insane, packed Allison twice in a row
    Thats interesting, i did wonder before whether it makes a difference and always never really noticed if better on web app / companion which i do most of my SBC. I prefer opening packs on the computer mostly for the dramatic walk out, think i've only had one thus far lol 

Waiting on the game to be delivered says its on route, i finish in 13 minutes looking doubtful it will be there instantly so might grab some lunch and chill until its there :) 
  • Options
    Last football game I enjoyed was PES4, before that it was Premier Manager 2 and then before that it was Sensible Soccer.

I have FIFA 00, but struggled with it and dont think I got beyond amateur level. I found it very frustrating...
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Daddy_Pig said:
    I haven't played PES in years, do they have our league now? Also do the downloads include the Valley etc?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FIFA and PES haven't progressed enough since when I used to get them as a kid, the Career Modes in particular have stagnated. 

That being said, I would say the gameplay of PES is stronger than FIFA now. The scripting in FIFA over the last few years has been blatant. I can't remember the last time I played through an entire season, it just gets boring.
    Yeah nothing has been better than career mode in the older FIFA's where you had to get players to train together etc to improve chemistry and you could step in and take control of simmed games if things aren't going well. 

I miss those kind of career mode features. 
  • Options
    Anyone on here enter the Charlton Fifa 21 tournament 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

Thanks!

Worth remembering that EA are bastards and only your UT and Volta saves will transfer over. I'd suggest you don't start a career mode until you're on the PS5 version (unless you love starting new ones of course)
    Yeah that is frustrating as the career mode upgrade looks quite interesting but that’s okay, can always wait it out or as you say, start a new one anyway, especially as the one on PS5 can be Charlton but on PS4 can be someone else.

Thanks
  • Options
    I bloody hope they do include the sponsors soon!  If not I’ll be sending EA Sports a massive shittogram
  • Options
    Have got extremely lucky with packs this year, got pogba, mane, sane, bale etc. 
    My team is 
  • Options
    Anyone started a career mode?
  • Options
    jams said:
    Be a pro- Playing as Doughty, supposedly LWB but when selected always playing CDM, although its a bonus as it means i can play box to box and generally get high rating, several 10's on world class feels a tad easy but its what level i play normally. Early doors scored 4 in 2 in pre season but got injured shocker... since they didn't start right away played about 10 games, have 14 assists/ 4 goals

Waiting on Charlton to finish their business to play career properly. 
  • Options
    Only played Pro Clubs so far, and probably the only mode i'll play all year like normal. Felt to me like defending has improved as the tackling feels stronger so you don't tackle someone and they somehow get it back immediately and carry on their run, which was infruriating playing as the Any in the team. Crossing is much better, whereas it was useless in last Fifa, so can attack in a couple of different ways at least.

Other than that not a huge change I feel, though those two I just mentioned were the most annoying things in the last Fifa so I'm pretty happy overall with the changes.
  • Options
    jams said:
    Not properly yet, wanted to wait until the window was closed and an update was done first, didn't want to start a career then have to start another one lol.

So like @johnnybev1987 i have started a be a pro career, never done it before, the idea of playing as just one player never appealed to me.

But I started as Josh Davison, asked for a loan straight away because I thought I would never be used in League 1, got put on the loan list but no one came in for me, then a week after the window closed Crawley had a permanent bid accepted, but I refused to go as I wanted a loan not a permanent move.

I ended up playing a decent amount of games, other than when my fitness was bad(Josh Davisons fitness takes ages to recover after a match lol) and was massively overplayed in December as Washington was out for the month so we only had me and Aneke, so every game I was starting on about 50% fitness because I couldn't recover properly.

I finished the season last night, Charlton won the League and EFL Trophy 

Josh Davison was League One top scorer with 25 goals

And in all competitions 
    34 goals
    13 assists

Hopefully the manager gives me a chance in The Championship now, I think I proved myself
  • Options
    alicwkd said:
    Always bought it religiously every year but I feel like the gameplay is getting worse. FIFA 20 was rubbish. I'll still probably end up buying it though. 

So after getting FIFA without fail every year since 2000, I have bitten the bullet and purchased PES 2021 instead this year. Don't know much about it and it could be terrible, but I feel FIFA has been going downhill for several years and I have no faith in EA to have put any effort into making this year's any better, so thought I'd give PES a try. I will report back on here when I've given it a proper go as to whether it's any good!