Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Our starting XI 20/21

Comments

• What about Matthews at Right-Back @Dazzler21?
  • edited August 2020
    What about Matthews at Right-Back @Dazzler21?
    I swear I added him. I had also moved Deji to subs. Edited now.
  • How many subs this season and will there still be the drinks breaks?
  • Morgan looks in terrific shape in the preseason photos. Really think this is his year, will be a huge player this season.
  • Morgan looks in terrific shape in the preseason photos. Really think this is his year, will be a huge player this season.
    I’ve got high hopes for him this season, he’s gotta do the role Aribo did two season back, energy, passing and the odd goal.

I think our midfield is more than capable this season. 
  • How many subs this season and will there still be the drinks breaks?
    I dont think each Body have decided although i think the Prem League clubs will vote against it. Maybe the EFL clubs might be for it.
  • Wonder when our first preseason game will be? Can’t be long seeing as it’s only a few weeks until Swindon in the Cup. Maybe one on Saturday? 
  • Wonder when our first preseason game will be? Can’t be long seeing as it’s only a few weeks until Swindon in the Cup. Maybe one on Saturday? 
    They're off to the Belfry, so the first pre season game will be a game of golf!
    LB said he will use the Swindon game as a pre-season warm up
  • Sponsored links:

Dont know if its been mentioned on here but Cawley said the other day that we've got a friendly lined up against Palace
  • Really do not wanting Doughty being wasted at LB in L1!
  • mendonca said:
    Really do not wanting Doughty being wasted at LB in L1!

Don't worry, he'll be wasted on the bench for Brentford instead
  • mendonca said:
    It depends. If we play three at the back it could be a great position for him.
  • mendonca said:
    Will we have 3 centre backs?
  • mendonca said:
    I worry that Bowyer might think Purrington is good enough in league one, but the benefit of that would that Alfie could play further up.  
  • our players at The Belfry this weekend if anyone gives a flying ...pre season bondage for the kinky 
  • Friendly against Brum on Saturday
  • ross1 said:
    Friendly against Brum on Saturday
    I’m going to be angry if we win! That would have kept us up and sent them down 
  • Sponsored links:

• mendonca said:
    Wouldn't be wasted if he was overlapping an equally threatening player in front of him. Imagine a Holmes or Lookman type of player cutting in to shoot or pass, with Doughty offering pace and width on the outside.
  • mendonca said:
    Three at the back: RB, CB, LB. 
  • mendonca said:
    Pearce, Oshilaja and Oztumer. 
  • Scoham said:
    mendonca said:
    Wouldn't be wasted if he was overlapping an equally threatening player in front of him. Imagine a Holmes or Lookman type of player cutting in to shoot or pass, with Doughty offering pace and width on the outside.
    Whos that then? we dont really have any pacey wingers. Personally i feel he should be pushed to out and out winger and leave the defending to someone behind purrington/whoever, he will cause alot more problems if he doesn't have to track back. Its all about whether we have the personnel to accomodate that, which is debatable. 

I agree he will be half wasted as a wing back eg. 3-5-2, still useful but i see him causing alot more problems as a front 3 or with 2 proper wingers. 
  • Scoham said:
    mendonca said:
    Whos that then? we dont really have any pacey wingers. Personally i feel he should be pushed to out and out winger and leave the defending to someone behind purrington/whoever, he will cause alot more problems if he doesn't have to track back. Its all about whether we have the personnel to accomodate that, which is debatable. 

I agree he will be half wasted as a wing back eg. 3-5-2, still useful but i see him causing alot more problems as a front 3 or with 2 proper wingers. 
    I actually have another theory on the lad, he should be moulded into a forward.  If he can master finishing, I think he ticks all the boxes, and a lot of good forwards with pace start off as wingers so it wouldn’t be unusual.
  • Scoham said:
    mendonca said:

I actually have another theory on the lad, he should be moulded into a forward.  If he can master finishing, I think he ticks all the boxes, and a lot of good forwards with pace start off as wingers so it wouldn’t be unusual.
    Yeah i can see that, not the worst theory. It could work, or in a forward 3 aka Sterling mould. He should get more goals/assists and done well last season but still learning the game, definitely has the most potential of our current lot so would be interesting to see if Boywer and co get to build a team around him. 
  • wmcf123 said:
    mendonca said:
    I worry that Bowyer might think Purrington is good enough in league one, but the benefit of that would that Alfie could play further up.  
    Why do you worry? I think purrington proved that he is good enough for league 1 2 seasons ago
    In a really good team where he was basically a blocker .  We’ll see- I hope you are right 
  • ross1 said:
    Friendly against Brum on Saturday
    I thought we played that one last month. 
  • Update: Matthews starting one week before the season I think confirms he’s staying with us, he would at least be training elsewhere by now if not. 

Amos
    Matthews, Oshilaja, Pearce, Purrington
    Pratley 
    Morgan, Gilbey
    Williams
    Bonne, Washington

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Wiredu, Lapslie, Forster-Caskey, Oztumer, Aneke, Davidson.

Rest of squad: Vennings, Dempsey

On the assumption are leaving but under contract: Phillips, Lockyer, Doughty.
  • Scoham said:
    mendonca said:

Obviously it wouldn’t happen without signing that type of player.