Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Syd Cheeswright RIP

Comments

• Options
    RIP Syd. One of those Charlton names that I'm not sure that I've ever met, but would probably go "oh, so that's who he is!" if you pointed him out to me. Another stalwart fan lost, it's really not been a good year all round. :(
  • Options
    Syd was a one off ,had many aday out with him always willing to help you. 

Must go back about 50years with him. Aways had time for a chat and even my wife knew him.

Thinking of his family and friends at this time.

RIP SYD .
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    I remember Syd driving the coach to some away games. I can picture him now: a tall slim fella, wasn't he?
    RIP Syd.
    Does this mean that Syd and dear old Betty have both died in this same awful year?
  • Options
    I remember Syd driving the coach to some away games. I can picture him now: a tall slim fella, wasn't he?
    RIP Syd.
    Does this mean that Syd and dear old Betty have both died in this same awful year?
    I think Betty died last year
  • Options
    RIP Syd. 
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A unique character, Charlton through and through.

RiP Syd
  • Options
    RIP Syd, sorry to hear the sad news.
  • Options
    RIP Syd, a real Charlton character 
  • Options
    RIP Syd
  • Options
    RIP Syd.
  • Options
    RIP Syd.
  • Options
    RIP Syd...remember him from the train trips back in the day....
  • Options
    RIP 
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Don't think I knew him but certainly knew of him

RIP Syd
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Syd.
  • Options
    Met him a few times, a real character. RIP and condolences to his family.
  • Options
    Knew of Syd but didnt know him. RIP
  • Options
    If it’s considered appropriate would anyone be able to put a picture of Syd up for those who know the name but can’t recall the face .
  • Options
    RIP Syd. Saw the likes of Garry Nelson giving him respect on twitter yesterday, he clearly made a big impact on people
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    RIP Syd. Organised travel with military precision. Left it until last game of season. Raised a glass and a smile at that. A one off.
  • Options
    RIP Syd