Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Syd Cheeswright RIP

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Sad news, Syd was a real Charlton character
  • Options
    RIP Syd
  • Options
    As the as the name almost suggests, a right character.

RIP.
  • Options
    RIP Syd went on many of his train trips.
  • Options
    RIP Syd
  • Options
    RIP Syd.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Syd.
    usually booked our own trains but he was Very helpful on the occasions we used ‘cheesyjet’.
  • Options
    RIP Syd.

Another slightly eccentric Charlton legend gone to that big away game in the sky.
  • Options
    RIP Syd 
    anyone helping get our fans to away games has a place in my heart 
  • Options
    Certainly had our moments over the years. Charlton through and through in his own unique way. RIP Syd. 
  • Options
    Certainly had our moments over the years. Charlton through and through in his own unique way. RIP Syd. 
    If you ever write that book Ian, don’t forget the Syd Cheesewright chapter you once referred to.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    RIP Syd.  Was my lecturer in Management Studies at Croydon College in the 80's when I was there.  Nice guy, but definitely a bit "off the wall".
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    RIP Syd.  Was my lecturer in Management Studies at Croydon College in the 80's when I was there.  Nice guy, but definitely a bit "off the wall".
    Was he really......whoever would have thought that.
    I didn’t have him down as an academic.
  • Options
    RIP Syd 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc-west said:
    Me too! He was a right character.

• Options
    cafc-west said:
    Was he really......whoever would have thought that.
    I didn’t have him down as an academic.
    Was one of the the course lecturers at the CMS level (Certificate in Management Studies) - sort of lower management/Supervisory level - entry into management - quite practical - wouldn't describe it as academic!  He was very "down to earth" and practical in his approach - in the 1 year (part-time) course I don't remember him mentioning football once...
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    There was definitely only one Syd Cheeswright, an eccentric chap to say the least.
    I spent many enjoyable Saturdays on Cheesyjet.
    A legend in his own lifetime.
    Gone but never forgotten. 
    RIP.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    R.I.P. Syd
    Sincere condolences to family and friends.
  • Options
    Cheesewright
    Cartwright 
    Cut from the same cloth 
  • Options
    Genuine Charlton Athletic legend 

Rest in Peace Syd 
  • Options
    Sleep tight, Syd.

Fans, Forum meetings were never the same without you.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Sid.