Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is this not strange? Is this a set up?

Comments

• Options
    I was hoping somebody could explain ESI's motives too. I am still hoping that happens. 
    Who knows but there are plenty of people out there whom will break into your house to steal a tenner.  Duchatelets deal was, buy the club for a quid and I will leave £2M in the till...
  • Options
    I think I just heard a penny drop. I feel like a total mug now after trying to defend PE earlier as I couldn't work out why someone was paying the wages. All of the above makes so much sense, they dont want to go into admin they want the EFL to chuck us out of the league @! Only thing that makes sense
  • Options
    My last post before bed. Southall is a complete a*hole but I suspect you are right. He acted like he believed it. He played his part and thought he had landed a dream job. When he finally worked out what was happening, he was jettisoned and blamed. He is still a cnut, but I'm increasingly thinking he was a stupid cnut rather than a corrupt one. Not defending him as he has played a massive part in this mess, even if he didn't realise what was going on.
    No he is the most massive of all the cnuts. It will all come out in the wash.  He is chief cnut, head cnut and all sorts of other cnuts. 
  • Options
    Can someone explain why the fraud squad can't be brought in?
    If they can be brought it, can anyone instigate this?
  • Options
    It is covered off more or less in each of the Nimer, Florica, and  Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahnoun Al Nahyan threads. Plus the bonkers thread to a lesser extent.

I spent ages trying to argue there must be a connection back to RD. I like the idea as it's almost all too crazy for there not to be. However it's too difficult so far to confirm there is any kind of rigged deal.

Below's a graphic showing the associations as far as I've been able to capture them. I think it's an accurate reflection of names and associations -based on internet reports, a lot out of Romania- and it's no more than that. I was especially excited about Rednic having worked for RD (a few years ago) and with Florica (last year in an appraches for Dinamo), but in the end was convinced there's probably nothing in it:

• Options
    Yes, there are an unbelievable collection of deluded and corrupt parties involved in this historical mess, none worse in their general ill effect than the EFL themselves. However, where we are now is with Elliot and Farnell attempting to sell on to "an investor" or Varney and Barclay. The latter would be ideal but they want to buy the training ground and stadium now and Duchelet is convinced that he can recoup his full 50 million either from a transfer in 5 tears time or by developing the freeholds or selling them to a developer.
    If Duchelet would negotiate at all then a solution could be found which would include paying off comparatively modest amounts: as fees for Elliot and Farnell; as a small consideration to Nimer (through ESI) and the ex-directors. The one thing that gives some slight optimism is that at long last Farnell has actually hit Southall and been aggressive in court with him. I think Duchelet is misjudging how difficult it would be to get planning, although under government direction, authorities have been more favorable to developers over thew last year or two. Duchelet should have this difficulty impressed upon him. Hw should also be told that, after Brexit, the UK government may well put restrictions on foreign ownership of freehold land, where that land has any public significance. Certainly a training ground and stadium of an historical football club would meet this criteria. He would then risk losing these for a reduced sum by way of compensation, and should accept a substantial but reduced payment NOW and be free of Charlton for good
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    I'm sure it was reported at the time of the takeover, that Roland made a comment to the fans along the lines of "enjoy it while you can", which struck me as odd & faintly sinister - hence why I remember it.

But I cannot now find a reference to it, and am beginning to doubt my sanity!  Can anyone confirm my recollection?

If my memory is true, it would certainly fit a scenario where RD believed the club's days to be numbered.
    I remember it, so he said it or someone reported that he said it.
  • Options
    If CAFC disappear, what happens to the property?

That's where the money is.

If RD holds on to the property and sells the club to be mismanaged to extinction he frees up a lot of property for his money.  A lot more than he would ever make from a football club.
  • Options
    @N01R4M    I remember it being said too and think it probably wasn’t discussed more because we were, on the whole, all a little bit giddy at what we thought was a change of fortunes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    He loves his football property developments does Roland. Not just his St Truiden Stayen ground, Jena too, and probably back into Liege now with his zeal and experiences for these type of projects.

Stayen was his pride and joy. Now he has a plan and contracts in place for Jena' s stadium. Liege is a possible future investment for him. No surprise he's chosen to hold the Valley and Sparrows lane if he likes these types of projects. This makes me think he'll want to re-acquire CAFC eventually, but it's all speculation of course, until he makes his moves. 

Jena project
    https://www.tag24.de/nachrichten/fc-carl-zeiss-jena-neubau-ernst-abbe-sportfeld-fussball-dritte-liga-roland-duchatelet-1309863

Liege possible project
    https://m.hln.be/sport/voetbal/belgisch-voetbal/standard/duchatelet-overweegt-investering-in-project-venanzi-maar-ik-keer-niet-terug-naar-de-voetbalwereld~aa4aa87c/

• Options
    Can someone explain why the fraud squad can't be brought in?
    If they can be brought it, can anyone instigate this?
    On what legal allegation? 
  • Options
    You’re an ideas man, I’ll give you that much @MuttleyCAFC
  • Options
    RD is a long standing respectable businessman. No way did he dream this up with Nimer to con someone. He had too much to lose......his reputation for one. 

My theory is that both Nimer & Southall were unknowingly conning each other. How or why I have no idea.......but I don't think RD is instrumental in it.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    RD is a long standing respectable businessman. No way did he dream this up with Nimer to con someone. He had too much to lose......his reputation for one. 

My theory is that both Nimer & Southall were unknowingly conning each other. How or why I have no idea.......but I don't think RD is instrumental in it.

I think RD came into it with naive but honest intentions about running some sort of Corinthian football club that avoided the worst excesses of the modern game. No agents, barely any transfer fees and mangers were on a carousel. He then handed the day to day running over to idiots and it was impossible to get back. Enormous and justified protests ensued because, frankly, he fucked with the wrong club. 

He then wanted to back out of the situation but get the money he invested back, that was beyond the pale for most apart from this entity called ESI who would do a deal for the club and some cryptic additional deal for the property, that obviously all suited RD and the rest is our current history.

No idea where this ends but our recent history is comedy laced with tragedy.
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    I'm sure it was reported at the time of the takeover, that Roland made a comment to the fans along the lines of "enjoy it while you can", which struck me as odd & faintly sinister - hence why I remember it.

But I cannot now find a reference to it, and am beginning to doubt my sanity!  Can anyone confirm my recollection?

If my memory is true, it would certainly fit a scenario where RD believed the club's days to be numbered.
    Fairly sure Jim White phoned him around the time of the sale and a recording of the conversation was put out on Talksport
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    The problem is that there are massive gaps that we can't possibly know. When you are searching for the truth in a crime, which this potentially is, you have to start by looking at who has something to gain. But not knowing details shouldn't cloud the fact something dodgy certainly looks to be happening.

Then you have Bury. Dale bought them for £1 and had opportunities to move them on but obstructed his way to their demise. Farnell was at the heart of that. What if there is somebody or somebodies who have worked out a way to kill a football club due to uselessness of the EFL and release all the money from inside its rotting corpse?

Roland's desperation was well publicised and maybe the scum saw an opportunity. We can help you Mr Duchatelet. No risk to you, just pay x, sit back, and we will ensure you can maximise the money you can get from the club's assets without a club to get in the way. Then the professional club killers get to work knowing that unsuitable owners will not be accepted by the league.

The first part of that was getting somebody to front it. They had to be all the things Southall was. Somebody who would be too gullable to work out what was happening. And somebody the blame could be lumped on. We only accepted Southall because of the rich Arab sheikh behind him. His recent past was alarming and there was nothing to suggest why he was fronting this. He would have thought he had won the lottery and loved it. But the fact remains, why would you give 25% and allow somebody as useless as him to front a venture that was costing north of £50m. What happened when they fell out showed Southall was never that close to Nimer and certainly not somebody a Nimer with genuine intentions would use to front this. 

This surely would also get rid of Roland's liabilities to ex directors. If they have a promise of payments when the club gets promoted to the Premier league, well a dead club is never going to get promoted. So what if Roland is shelling out some of that to pay for this scam. We are talking millions here and where there are millions, there are likely to be crooks. I think we could be running out of time and as Covered End suggested, maybe the Police should be involved.

On the other thread it has been suggested we involve the press. Maybe a good place for them to start would be a bitter ex part of the scheme, probably an unknowing one, who is being set up as part of some misdirection. 
  • Options
    My last post before bed. Southall is a complete a*hole but I suspect you are right. He acted like he believed it. He played his part and thought he had landed a dream job. When he finally worked out what was happening, he was jettisoned and blamed. He is still a cnut, but I'm increasingly thinking he was a stupid cnut rather than a corrupt one. Not defending him as he has played a massive part in this mess, even if he didn't realise what was going on.
    Not having that.

The flat, the consultancy invoices, the cars, the payments to his girlfriend. He's definitely corrupt, and far more so than Nimer who as far as i can see has gained very little/nothing out of all this.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Yes, I am sure he is corrupt, but I am saying small time corrupt. He could be the patsy. And we hate him so much, we focus too much on him whilst the club is being murdered in plain sight. He may have believed that a stupidly rich Arab Sheikh was bankrolling his excesses. Nimer has gained very little out of this from what we can see. Why would he want a liability to pay twice what the club is worth? Why would he take it on without due dilligence being completed? Why would he get an unqualified loser like Southall to front it all? These are all questions we don't have answers to, but they are pertinent questions we need answers to.

Some of the things Southall said about the issue being Nimer failing to provide the evidence the EFL required make some sense. We have every reason to despise Southall but I for one think this may be much bigger than him and if it is, we can find out more from him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not having that.

The flat, the consultancy invoices, the cars, the payments to his girlfriend. He's definitely corrupt, and far more so than Nimer who as far as i can see has gained very little/nothing out of all this.
    Agreed, nimer spent £3,000 in Harrods. Southall was like a kid in a sweet shop and would still be putting in invoices if he could
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It is covered off more or less in each of the Nimer, Florica, and  Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahnoun Al Nahyan threads. Plus the bonkers thread to a lesser extent.

I spent ages trying to argue there must be a connection back to RD. I like the idea as it's almost all too crazy for there not to be. However it's too difficult so far to confirm there is any kind of rigged deal.

Below's a graphic showing the associations as far as I've been able to capture them. I think it's an accurate reflection of names and associations -based on internet reports, a lot out of Romania- and it's no more than that. I was especially excited about Rednic having worked for RD (a few years ago) and with Florica (last year in an appraches for Dinamo), but in the end was convinced there's probably nothing in it:

I made something similar, although with post it notes on the living room mirror. Mrs 4ever was not best pleased.

I was desperate to prove it was a "set up" but I am now 95+% certain Roland has nothing to do with it and the Romanians are irrelevant. 
    Mrs 4ever needs to be a bit more understanding.
  • Options
    Not having that.

Add to that his provocative Tweets and photos etc (The one of a beer on his lawn, tagging in her old man who, Southall would've known, had been winding fans up that very same day - or - the video he shared of him driving his stolen Rangy through the automated gates and upto his house obviously meant to provoke fans)

Not exactly the way an innocent, trying to clear his name would act imo
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    But who is saying he is innocent? He is a crook who may have thought he was taking advantage of Nimer. Something Nimer was possibly happy for him to think. Then Nimer suddenly works out what Southall is up to when Southall gets suspicious and difficult as to why the money promised isn't coming in. Even a fool like Southall would work that out and Nimer has the dirt to dish to misdirect.

Like Southall's other half let out of the bag. Why are we picking on Southall when the others were at it too? Maybe he was encouraged by a Nimer who suddenly got outraged when Southall finally sussed out something was wrong. 
  • Options
    Sorry mate, I thought you said that Southall could be just guilty of being stupid, rather than corrupt, which I took as meaning innocent
  • Options
    Not at all. I think Southall is a stupid crook. But probably too stupid to be part of the clever bits of the scam. He was milking the club alright, but it isn't unreasonable to think he might have thought he was milking Nimer and Nimer didn't care as he was rich enough to spunk over £50m on buying a club worth half that.

It would also suit the scam for Southall not to be aware. His owner act became all the more believable. It would be madness to let him in on what was really going on. And his uselessness points to him being selected for his negative qualities.
  • Options
    We shouldn't let our entirely justified hatred of Southall get in the way of looking beyond him and even opening dialogue with him to find out what he knows. I didn't hold this view a few days ago, but do now.
  • Options
    We shouldn't let our entirely justified hatred of Southall get in the way of looking beyond him and even opening dialogue with him to find out what he knows. I didn't hold this view a few days ago, but do now.
    Would you believe anything he said?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I would be suspicious, but he may have been shafted too so might be a good place to start. They say there is no honour amongst thieves. Please don't misunderstand that I am trying to defend him. He is a crook, but my concern is there may be bigger crooks at play. I doubt he knows the inner workings of any plan, if there was one, but if we actually listened he may shed some light on the early phases of it. What exactly happened with the source and sustainability detail and how he got involved in the first place?

I recall Southall suggested Nimer made no attempt to provide it. Nimer said ( I think via Farnell) when we were all piling in on Southall that Southall had it and didn't submit it. Why would he not do that? Why has the source and sustainability still not been clarified, even with a new owner? From what I can understand it isn't that difficult to provide the info to satisfy the EFL. We were understandably not too interested in what Southall had to say at the time, but maybe with the possibility of bigger crooks at play, we ought to renew our interest.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/uk-sports/2019/09/03/police-open-fraud-investigation-linked-to-burys-demise/
  • Options
    Isn't this what Dodger has been trying to do? None of us could understand why he seemed to be going easy on Southall. Maybe he was on to the same scam scenario that you've outlined with Southall as the patsy.

What happened to the docs that Smiffyboy was going to release? Have I missed something here?