Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

URGENT PETITION Review the statutory owners and Directors Test

Comments

• Options
    I find it disappointing that, after the way the EFL repeatedly let them down, there are so few signatures from the Blackpool FC catchment.

I'm sure part of the issue is timing. with this falling now into the closed season for most fans.  But as I wrote elsewhere, I do think tribalism makes us our own worst enemy when it comes to nation-wide football issues.  That and the large number of fans who shrug their shoulders even when it is their own club with ownership issues, saying they are only interested in watching games, not in club politics - and we have our share of those too!
  • Options
    Emailed MP as well as signed
  • Options
    @MillwallFan

Would you be prepared to post the link to this petition on your sites and ask people to sign?

Us today. Could easily be you tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    @MillwallFan

Would you be prepared to post the link to this petition on your sites and ask people to sign?

Us today. Could easily be you tomorrow.
    He could be labelled a collaborator and you know what happened to them during the war ............scrap that go for it ! (Only joking MF 😉)
  • Options
    Petition?

Completed it mate!
  • Options
    Signed.
  • Options
    Signed and shared on FB.
  • Options
    signed 
  • Options
    Done, and pretty damn quick too!
  • Options
    Done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Done
  • Options
    Contacted CAST and received the reply below......
    "The FSA put the petition on their website in the middle of last week so all clubs with supporters trusts should have picked it up. I would hope it would reach the remainder via twitter.
    But it is disappointing that it is barely over 15000 so far"
  • Options
    Its a shame this petition isn't getting more people to sign it.

Anyone have any bright ideas how it can be publicised more

Put it on other fan forums?
    I think it's just us and Wigan who feel directly connected to this petition at the present time. Barnsley fans don't want to feel they're  supporting a Wigan effort  of getting out the bottom 3. 

Luton have mostly myopic fans who are still too happy about staying up last time I looked at the Luton Outlaws board. We could try both clubs fan boards again after wigan's appeal on 31st July. 

I think that we should target all fans of clubs who've had crap owners in the last decade or so: Coventry, Brighton, Wimbledon, Bolton, Leeds, Palace. It's quite a long and lengthening list. We could be surprised at the support for this petition.
  • Options
    Just for comparison, the Olympic Stadium petition on the same website raced
    to 26k in 72 hours and then fell off a cliff. There were several active Trusts involved in pushing it, notably Spurs. The geographical spread was very strongly London wide, even though some Trusts of Northern and Midland FAPL clubs had tried to push it to their fanbases. 

I think I would use the word "parochial" rather than tribal to describe whats going on here.

I also fear that the wording doesnt sound
    like a clear call to action. The OS one demanded a full public enquiry. People could get behind that even though an absolute twat from Arsenal's Trust slagged us off for making unrealistic demands.

There's still an active WhatsApp group for the OSC, so I will ask their advice
    on how to boost this.
  • Options
    My Bees mate has got hold of this and will spread it amongst his mates. Proper fans; do all the games home and away (Covid excepted!).

Got a few Hendon and Dulwich fans doing it too.

Every bit helps....
  • Options
    Signed.
  • Options
    Bump.
  • Options
    Done and forwarded via Twitter. 
  • Options
    Signed
  • Options
    Now at 16,500. Rising steadily but not fast enough.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/331589

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now at 16,500. Rising steadily but not fast enough.

Yup, only up just over 1100 in 24 hours.

At this rate of progress it will be about 80 days before the 100,000 target is hit. We'll (possibly) be out of the league by then.

Get signing if you haven't already done so.
  • Options
    Yeah signed and emailed to my MP 
  • Options
    17,500 now. Probably approaching maximum potential with say 2 x 10,000 support base from Charlton and Wigan.

• Options
    Done, also added link to Bridon Ropes Fc Twitter account, we have 1200 followers, let's see what happens
  • Options
    Oldham seem to be another troubled club. Just reading that Harry Kewell has become their 7th manager since the owner bought the club in 2018.
  • Options
    Just need 84 more signatures in Old Bexley & Sidcup to turn the colour of your constituency from yellow to gold on the petition map!

Come on you Old Bexlians and Sidcupians!  Be a golden beacon for the CAFC catchment area!!

(Would also show at a glance to other club's fans that this is not solely a Wigan focused issue)
  • Options
    Miracles can happen!  Actually got a response from my MP's office today - not that it is likely to do much by itself.  But if enough messages get passed to DCMS, maybe???

Thank you for your email regarding the petition you have signed. I have passed on your concerns to the DCMS and I will be in touch regarding any response we receive.

Best wishes
    Noah Haran
    On behalf of Matt Rodda MP
  • Options
    Big jump to 21,000 overnight for some reason

• Options
    Looking on the petition map, there seem to be a lot of signatures in the Newcastle area which I had not noticed before.  I wonder whether their fans have been spreading the word?

Could do with the FSA contacting all supporters' groups about this petition.  It may not be perfect, but now it is active the government will not allow a second one on a similar theme.