Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leeds United v Charlton Athletic | Wed 22 July | Match Thread

Comments

• We're just not good enough.
  • Disaster, absolute disaster.
  • edited July 2020
    Every result going against us after the first 45 minutes.....you couldn't write this script. As for our game I'm sorry but we are shite! League One here we come, if of course we actually survive at all!!
  • As bad as it is, 2 goals changes everything. With the quality Fulham & Brentford have it’s not over yet 
  • SDAddick said:
    We lost this league at Birmingham.
    This. x1,000,000 this.
    Yes, the players bottled it like they have done on numerous other occasions.
  • edited July 2020
    Luton 51
    Wigan 49

Barnsley 49
    Charlton 48

We aren’t getting back into this game so what results do we need elsewhere?

We need two of these three without reply:
    - one Fulham goal
    - one Brentford goal
    - two Blackburn goals
    One Blackburn goal will do it, with the others
  • Not much to be done about strikes like that out the box, that second goal though was just sickening. Bearing in mind this is the last game of the season so we've got as much footage of this Leeds team to watch as we could want, and playing 3 centre backs to be cut open like that was diabolical 

• So, second half we need Blackburn to come back to win against Luton and equalisers for Fulham and Brentford. It's not impossible. The real kick in the balls is that Luton are winning. Hopefully Blackburn get such a bollocking for scoring two own goals they actually try to win
    Their minds are on beach won’t do is any favours. Written in the stars after last weekends results. It the hope that kills you. 
  • Valley11 said:
    This is on you taylor you maggot 
    I wish we could blame him. But other than getting injured playing for Montserrat, we did ok without him in the first 3 games since the re-start
  • Sponsored links:

• Very sad.

• I don't post often but crikey that half was poor and what a depressing watch. League one here we come 🤬
  • Blackburn aren’t turning it around against Luton.

Brentford and Fulham really need to grow a pair of bollocks. They both have ridiculous squads. 
    I can see Blackburn scoring as Luton haven't actually scored in the match.  But it still won't be enough.

There's every chance Wigan will concede for a draw, but with their goal difference that won't be enough either.
  • Yep, can't see Luton throwing it away from here. Equalisers from Brentford and Fulham are our only hope
  • Not good enough . Simple as that . Let’s hope the leaches and scammers leave the club when they know we are two divisions away from the premier league . 
  • Laddick01 said:

This is all I’ve got going for me right now tbh
    I"d be pissed off that I was only getting £75 back. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Luton 51
    Wigan 49

Barnsley 49
    Charlton 48

We aren’t getting back into this game so what results do we need elsewhere?

We need two of these three without reply:
    - one Fulham goal
    - one Brentford goal
    - two Blackburn goals
    One Blackburn goal will do it, with either of your others.
    If we get the other two, we don’t need any Blackburn goals.
  • I understand the desire to try and be positive, and I know the odds were against us today regardless, but I can’t help thinking Bowyer has totally fucked it with this tram selection and formation.

Today is not where we blew it though. Guilt edge chances missed in previous matches, crap refereeing decisions. Failing to beat any of Birmingham, Wigan and Reading. They were our chances. Just one win would’ve done. 2 points. And we had our chances. 

It all feels kind of irrelevant to me anyway. Which ever division we end up in next season, right now it’s in serious doubt we’d even be allowed to compete anyway, and fuck knows what kind of rag tag bunch we’ll be able to put together for a squad if we can play.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Valley11 said:
    This is on you taylor you maggot 
    Can't blame it on one man.
    Even if he played, there wouldn't have been a chance for him to score! We've been fucking pony.

Need a shape and personnel change. No shame in losing to the champions but dont roll over and show your belly.
  • We need one Fulham goal or two Blackburn goals.

Or one Blackburn goal and two Charlton goals (don’t laugh).
    Adraw would leave Wigan on 49, a defeat on 48 with better goal difference. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Conceding against Birmingham was the killer
  • Debaser said:
    Barnsley beating Brentford now. Don't care if we're playing Leeds, players and Bowyer have bottled it.
    Shame on you. Look at Leeds........ a class act. Charlton have bugger all to be thankful for. At least give the players a little compassion and respect. I am sure they have not set out to lose........... Geeze, reminds me of parenting kids some thirty or forty years ago. Nevertheless Debaser, I understand your hurt. There, there. 
  • HT player marks:

Dillon ... 9 - without the PoTY we'd be so far behind we'd be needing snookers and extra innings.

Doughty ... 6 - without the YPoTY we wouldn't have had an attempt at goal.

Sarr ... 5 - a couple of vital challenges to stop certain goal attempts.

Everyone else ... 3 ... between them.

Piss poor half from Charlton, coupled with piss poor stuff from Brentford and Fulham ... and as for Blackburn - two own goals?! You can fuck right off.
  • You can't be sad if you already knew when you saw the kit that the game was over.
  • Laddick01 said:

This is all I’ve got going for me right now tbh
    I"d be pissed off that I was only getting £75 back. 
    The odds are a bit weak but it gets me a couple of bottles of Russian Standard and that’s all that matters when you think about it.
  • This team would struggle in League 1.
    100%, no way this mob would bounce straight back if we do go down. No comparison to the team that won at Wembley.
  • HT player marks:

Dillon ... 9 - without the PoTY we'd be so far behind we'd be needing snookers and extra innings.

Doughty ... 6 - without the YPoTY we wouldn't have had an attempt at goal.

Sarr ... 5 - a couple of vital challenges to stop certain goal attempts.

Everyone else ... 3 ... between them.

Piss poor half from Charlton, coupled with piss poor stuff from Brentford and Fulham ... and as for Blackburn - two own goals?! You can fuck right off.
    How you giving Sarr a 5?

He's a minimum 20.
  • Blackburn aren’t turning it around against Luton.

Brentford and Fulham really need to grow a pair of bollocks. They both have ridiculous squads. 
    I can see Blackburn scoring as Luton haven't actually scored in the match.  But it still won't be enough.

There's every chance Wigan will concede for a draw, but with their goal difference that won't be enough either.
    Wigan would go back down to 47 points. So below us.
  • We need one Fulham goal or two Blackburn goals.

Or one Blackburn goal and two Charlton goals (don’t laugh).
    Adraw would leave Wigan on 49, a defeat on 48 with better goal difference. 
    Wigan are winning and are already on 49. If they draw, they drop to 47. Lose and they drop to 46.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!