Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last Day of the Season. How are you Feeling?

Comments

• Options
    Feel awful, not helped by the fact I need to set a 2:15am alarm to get up for the game.

We will end up getting relegated and my boy will up screaming to play at 6am with no idea why I’m in a foul mood. 
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Resigned to us losing so focusing on the other games.

With the fact that I’m not expecting to “go” to football until 2021, my daughter is a week old and I’ve just accepted an offer on my house this is quite low down on priority list. 

Still get the odd butterfly but the past few months has really made me lose a lot of love for it all.
    Congrats mate.
  • Options
    No doubt at several points in the evening we’ll be in the relegation spots then back out, hope we’re out of it when all said and done but not sure what next season brings whichever division we’re in. Would take relegation if the club got rid of all these wankers including Roland and we could start to see some stability moving forward. Not sure Bowyer will be with us either way sadly.
  • Options
    Calmer than I thought I would be. Now in my eighth decade of supporting the Addicks I will accept relegation if we end in the bottom three alongside Wigan and Wednesday. If we end up in the bottom three alongside two from Hull, Luton and Barnsley because the EFL have bottled the decision to penalise Wigan for going into administration, and for failing to penalise Wednesday for cheating the system, then my days of watching Charlton, and live football, are over.
    This will probably make me sound like the old fogey I've become, but how I miss football in the sixties and early seventies when everything was so much simpler, and when today's so called stars such as Mr Lyle Taylor couldn't hold a candle to the likes of Johnny Summers, Stuart Leary, Keith Peacock, Colin Powell, Peter Reeves and the inimitable Derek Hales.
    Do you (and others who enjoyed Football in those decades) think though that Football would have been different in the sixties and seventies had the internet (that we know today) been around back then?

You of course didnt have social media or an average joe able to take a picture of a Footballer and upload it within minutes showing them as being up to mischief?

Nor would there have been CharltonLife or the micro analysis on Match of the Day going over games and individual performances etc. In a certain context you could argue that what I've mentioned has been a contributing factor to Football turning stale and has helped put Footballers like Lyle Taylor on the pedestal that they believe they're on now. Hell I still remember watching MoTD in the 90s and you'd get three games where you'd get extended highlights (You'd be informed at the end of Grandstand what those games were), whilst the remaining games would simply give you the goals... I think its why I quite like the EFL format on Quest at times

Then you've got the actual games themselves, you'd have the likes of Chris Powell and Simon Royce jumping the concrete and signing autographs in between warm ups

Try that now and apart from a really rare occasion the players will indicate that you've got to wait until afterwards
  • Options
    For the record, think you’ll stay up. Look forward to your mob rolling over and having there belly tickled twice next season. 

• Options
    Yeah , I’m ok, when does the cricket season start?
  • Options
    Busy day in the garden, nice bright and breezy with a nice spot of lunch, everything seems to be growing well with not too many pests munching my hostas, now you watch that Bamford fellow ruin my day, or big Chucks makes it,hopefully. 
  • Options
    I feel totally relaxed, confident of our survival. It will be a walk in the park.

Now I wish someone would tell my bowels that!
  • Options
    Like many others, expecting the worse, hoping for the best.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Nervous!!!! but not because I do not think we can do it.. just because its the last day, its football and ANYTHING can happen.

Keep the faith, in Lee we trust.

Come on you reds!!!!!!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not nervous at all, just terrified.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I feel fecking dreadful.
    I hate what is to come this evening.
    I feel the same.

But I understand why many feel like its not worth the worry and are taking a blasé attitude to it.

I had a nightmare about it last night, and then nearly got thrown out of the supermarket for protesting about being forced against my will to wear a face mask.

I feel like the whole world has gone mad. It seems like I am the last remaining survivor in a remake of 'Invasion of The Body Snatchers.' 

I really don't need the first love of my life to be threatened with this shit.

I want to rewind , but a Charlton win will be the drug to keep my sanity for a month or so longer.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Thinking about how miserable and bereft I'll feel if we get relegated tonight has left me feeling miserable and bereft.

I fear that West Brom will be 2 nil up against QPR within 15 or 20 minutes, and then Brentford and Fulham will be hauling off anyone remotely talented to protect them for the play-offs, with the remaining players refusing to tackle due to fear of injury.
    I don't think Brentford and Fulham will do that, unless WBA were massively ahead (say 4-0) with 20 to go

Imagine how Brentford would feel if they took off the BMW early, only for QPR to pull a goal back or West Brom to go down to 10 men

"In a dramatic twist QPR equalise in injury time, but Brentford were unable to take advantage as they only drew 0-0 with Barnsley, having rested their star attackers"

Indeed West Brom have been the least impressive of the top 4 since lockdown
  • Options
    “All the permutations “ but strangely no mention of Charlton..

Championship final day: Promotion, play-offs and relegation still to be decided
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53485035
    Slightly odd to mention Luton but not us. The BBC are clearly more confident of our survival than we are!
  • Options
    I’ve been jittery, nervous and stressed for weeks. Fed up with it. 

Although I’d like us to stay up, I’m at one with whatever happens now.

As I said to my mates, I’ll try to concentrate being sad that it’s Josh Cullen’s last game instead.
  • Options
    The message from Barclay this morning cheered me up enormously. Just knowing that he and Varney will still be interested if we go down a league is a comfort.
    I am more worried at the lack of any news out of the EFL regarding our club and what may happen.
    Surely the football gods owe us something.
  • Options
    Resigned to relegation, and sick at the thought of having no football club to sport next season.
  • Options
    I think a lot of people are far too sure of Luton winning, they were blown away 5-0 by Reading a couple of weeks ago... They're in the relegation place with horrendous GD for a reason
  • Options
    I feel betrayed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    ozaddick said:
    Alarm set for 2am. Gonna grab a kip in the spare room before the game, told the missus it’s because I don’t want to wake her up in the middle of the night but truth be told she had the right hump this morning and I can’t be arsed waking up In the middle of the night to that again.  
    Obviously in a different time zone, but what country do you live in then @ozaddick ?
  • Options
    Am feeling nervous - more so than at Wembley last year - because win, draw or lose tonight I haven’t got a clue what the club’s future is going to look like.
  • Options
    So similar to the last year we where promoted via play offs v Sunderland,had to do something last game against Sheff Wed and hope for help elsewhere,nothing went our way.Now to guarantee safety we need to beat Leeds,or else pray for others to help us out.Still we did piss the league the following year so maybe something to look forward to.
    Really though,2 points from last 5 games is just not good enough when all bar Hull made a show.
  • Options
    Sorry to add to the gloom, but if we do survive we’ll be starting a new season with a totally inadequate squad about a month later. 
  • Options
    I think a lot of people are far too sure of Luton winning, they were blown away 5-0 by Reading a couple of weeks ago... They're in the relegation place with horrendous GD for a reason
    Luton are in good form and could beat Blackburn

But then they'll also be nervous as ****, as now safety is (more or less) in their hands, and pressure does funny things...
  • Options
    I can't make my mind up. I don't think it likely we get much if anything from our game, but Wigan, Barnsley and Luton are all bad to middling teams with difficult games. Wigan are clearly the best of the bunch down there but they play Fulham who can still get promoted today. Same for Barnsley v Brentford. In my mind Luton have been safe for ages, their last few fixtures have been much easier than the rest of the teams. We'd all prefer to be playing Blackburn today.
    So it comes down to how much Fulham and Brentford are up for it today.

I think we'll end the day in 22nd place and spend the rest of the summer waiting on news from Sheffield Wednesdays appeal.
  • Options
    Luton are in good form and could beat Blackburn

But then they'll also be nervous as ****, as now safety is (more or less) in their hands, and pressure does funny things...
    They certainly could beat Blackburn, not disputing that. But many seem to thinks its a guaranteed win 
  • Options
    I am fairly emotionless. 
    Have resigned myself to next season in shitty L1. 
    Bad grounds, poor refs and an unrecognisable CAFC squad. 
  • Options
    I always think the footballing gods have looked more than kindly on us in these last match’s of the season stuff 
    more often than not , chuck in the play offs and we are by far in credit ....
    time to give something back 
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    Alarm set for 2am. Gonna grab a kip in the spare room before the game, told the missus it’s because I don’t want to wake her up in the middle of the night but truth be told she had the right hump this morning and I can’t be arsed waking up In the middle of the night to that again.  
    Obviously in a different time zone, but what country do you live in then @ozaddick ?
    Live above a shop in grove park mate. ;)