Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last Day of the Season. How are you Feeling?

So it's finally here. The last day and game of the season has arrived. Whatever happens, in true Charlton style, it is likely to put us through the wringer. 

Please.share how you are feeling ahead of the game. 

I slept awful. Kept waking. Now up, I feel sick to the stomach. God knows how I'm going to get through the day, let alone the match. Just want it over now.  

Comments

• Options
    Nervous, rumbling tummy. 

I think it's a catch 22 situation - 

We either do enough to stay up the EFL will relegate us for something or other; or we blow it tonight and then see points deductions for Wendies and Wigan saving our bacon.

Or both, or neither - even my brain is sick of computing what if's....
  • Options
    How am I feeling.
    Awful, full of trepidation, expecting the worst.
    This is Charlton for god sake.
    Although tonight's game is obviously important, I've think our future is going to be sorted in the next couple of days.
    Squeaky bum time.  
  • Options
    Sick. 
    But can't blame the lads and the staff. If we don't make it tonight oure should be turned into saving the club and hopefully be more stable come  next season and go again.
  • Options
    Honestly not that concerned. Agreed with the boss that not attending matches doesn’t make it seem real. 

Back in May would have been on the 5AM train from the coast to Leeds and doubt I would have slept for a second. Compared today when I’m in meetings and on calls until 3. Desperate hope we stay up but feels like any other midweek away match I’ve watched on the red button this season.

• Options
    Feeling a bit meh at the moment - Confident that results will go our way at the moment

Nerves will probably start about 6pm in anticipation of the team select as thats when games get real for me
  • Options
    It’s gonna be a long evening ... very nervous but still feeling positive ... worst is that we still won’t know the real outcome today until the EFL get their act together. 
  • Options
    Bland.

I’ve  desensitised a bit over the last few months. The nonsense off the pitch has taken its toll on me and not being able to attend games has made it all feel not quite real (bar the usual Millwall shitshow).

I’m expecting the worst so anything else is going to be a bonus. 
    this - in my mind mentally we are down, so anything else will be a result
  • Options
    Even if we do finish in the bottom 3 we still won't know if we're going down or not. It's all a bit of a farce. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will have all media off until 21.30 then look....I have accepted we have gone. Had too many chances to survive.
  • Options
    I feel totally confused. I was just about keeping up with the usual, bog standard, 3 clubs with the lowest points go down, but the combinations involving decisions by the EFL have just made me numb.
  • Options
    So nervous. 

Feels a bit like the 98/99 relegation in that we have over achieved to this point and you can’t blame the players who always give it everything and you can’t ask anymore. If the worse happens I will be gutted for them and the staff. 

Other relegations I’ve experienced after have both been coming and with a team who did not seem to care. 

Either way hopefully it allows us to move forward in some way, even if that means going down and riding ourselves of the shit weasels hanging around. 
  • Options
    Sick ... in theory, the game is in our hands. Win and we stay up. But realistically, we’re relying on Blackburn, Brentford and Fulham to win. I dread to think what’s coming post match when the EFL announce the outcome of their investigation into our ownership (not ITK, just a gut feeling) 
  • Options
    Very scared. Just feel if we go down it takes away all we achieved last season which would be such a shame. I dream of us staying up, ESI disappear and then we have a sensible owner to secure our future. If only....
  • Options
    I am feeling very negative about tonight. I think both Wigan and Luton will win and we will lose. Sorry for the doom and gloom.
  • Options
    Extremely nervous, but hoping the footballing gods finally give us a break and results, for once, go our way. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Bland.

I’ve  desensitised a bit over the last few months. The nonsense off the pitch has taken its toll on me and not being able to attend games has made it all feel not quite real (bar the usual Millwall shitshow).

I’m expecting the worst so anything else is going to be a bonus. 
    My thoughts entirely and honest God it's near word for word  what I said in my group chat last night

I'd add  3 months back we were down without kicking a ball.
    It's been emotional and if we do go down we can't have many arguments at all now. I thought we were too good and unlucky post november but all that mumbo jumbo forgotten after reading  brum  Wigan resukts. 

We've been unlucky yeah but unfortunately not good enough. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are down - that late Birmingham equaliser killed us (the late Luton winner against Hull didn’t help either). Accept that and just enjoy watching the match tonight as much as you can, could be some time before you see Charlton play again...
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Entirely confident.  We are staying up.

We never lose to Leeds,  neither Wigan or Barnsley will win.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I’m not looking forward to it . Ever since we conceded against Birmingham I’ve had a bad feeling despite the Wigan equaliser .
    I will watch it but I’ve also thought about going for a long walk and finding about the outcome ( relegation. - we are Charlton after all ) when I get home . 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    We are down - that late Birmingham equaliser killed us (the late Luton winner against Hull didn’t help either). Accept that and just enjoy watching the match tonight as much as you can, could be some time before you see Charlton play again...
     A fantastic start to the day!

Why bother watching the match?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
     A fantastic start to the day!

Why bother watching the match?
    I watch almost every match, why wouldn’t I?
  • Options
    I feel sick. Dunno if I can handle it, might take the dog for a two hour walk between half 7 and half 9
  • Options
    I’m expecting the worst... whatever combination of an early red card, injury or penalty conceded to ruin our chances, wins for our relegation rivals or points not deducted from Wigan/Sheff Wed (but maybe from us, for whatever reason).

I’d like to think Bowyer will find a way, but this time it feels it’ll be a step too far.

Despite being in a relegation battle the ownership issues are far more important, as they have been for several years now. I just want us to go back to focussing on the football rather than the madness in the boardroom and speculating about the next takeover.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Weirdly confident, which means we'll get tonked 8-0 and Luton, Barnsley, Hull and Wigan will all win by big margins and we'll somehow end up bottom, and even with Sheffield Wednesday, Derby and Wigan all getting points deductions we'll still go down, then start next season on -12 as we then announce we are in administration
  • Options
    Keep The Faith