Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last Day of the Season. How are you Feeling?

Comments

• Options
    I'd feel a whole lot more optimistic if we still had Taylor, Gallagher and Leko in the team!
    As it is, we know we will compete and not lay down, but I have no confidence we will get the result we want and thus we rely on other results going our way.
    I'm terrified of another relegation.
    I've witnessed many relegations over the years but this could be a defining moment in our history.
    Coupled with the new reality of a Covid future and the unresolved and contradictory ownership situation and possible EFL intervention, the future looks unprecedented in its grimness.
    Of course those factors will be in play whatever league we are in, but a relegation would be a catastrophe imo.
    I'm hoping for the best but fearing the worst

• Options
    Bland.

I’ve  desensitised a bit over the last few months. The nonsense off the pitch has taken its toll on me and not being able to attend games has made it all feel not quite real (bar the usual Millwall shitshow).

I’m expecting the worst so anything else is going to be a bonus. 
    You should be in charge here  o:)
  • Options
    Prep for the worst and hope for the best
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Seen it all before.

I'll spend the day thinking up cutting responses to the inevitable witty texts from spanner chums.
  • Options
    I’m ok at the mo. I know if we do stay up its going to be the same again next year, maybe worse. 
    I’ve always said I would rather be in a lower league and win 4-0 every game as to being in a higher league and losing 4-0 every game.  
  • Options
    I am off out tonight with my dad (who is a lifelong Charlton fan), sister and Mrs....to the Tudor rose in Upnor.....hopefully they won't have any sports programmes.....
  • Options
    Not that bothered at the moment.

Got plenty of other more important stuff going on to let the predictability of supporting Charlton make it worse.

I do however wish the players and LB good luck, they deserve a bit of fortune.
  • Options
    Nervous, hopeful because we have a reasonable record against Leeds, but resigned to it all going completely tits up, possibly ending with the club in administration.
  • Options
    think I could quite happily go out and not watch the game
  • Options
    nervous .. optimistic one minute, pessimistic the next .. given the state of the precarious ownership situation and the potentially bleak economic outlook surrounding the pandemic, the results tonight across the league will be absolutely vital for the long term future of our club.
    I just wish that I could be at Elland Road to be a part of it, for good or ill … Come on you Addicks !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't know whether the sick feeling I have is because of tonight's game and all its uncertainties, in terms of relegation or staying up, losing LB and players, or because the ownership issues have drained my love of the game. Whatever happens tonight, the sorry saga that is our wonderful club's life at the moment is so depressing. I have never hated a group of 'businessmen' so much in my life and am so disillusioned by the lack of morality on show by said people. 
    Regardless, the Eynsford gang will cheer on our boys tonight, sink a few wines and beers, all the while praying for miracles on white chargers with AB and PV on their chest armour coming over the horizon.
    COYRs we can do this... and stuff my brother's team: Leeds United!!
  • Options
    You dont go down because of the last game but you do go down because of the other games.
    Its easy to see whats gone wrong and there have been lots of things going very wrong for years. So I came to terms with this shit show a long time ago.
    There was ground for optimism last May but the reality was that Belgium didnt plan for us having such  talented coaching staff, another false dawn.
    If we win tonight we are still screwed so the result if it went our way would only be a temporary reprieve. 
    Better have the bullet in the head and get it over with.     
  • Options
    Not that nervous as I resigned myself to relegation when we failed to beat Birmingham. If we stay up I'll be pleasantly surprised.
  • Options
    Seen it all before.

I'll spend the day thinking up cutting responses the inevitable witty texts from spanner chums.
    "Feck off you bunch of racist morons" should do it.
  • Options
    Prep for the worst and hope for the best
    ....but if the fat Leeds lad on my Facebook, who ain't ever been to a game in his life, starts giving it, I'll be telling him why he ain't got a bird
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I will always be Charlton but I really couldn't care less any more, whatever happens tonight means very little to me. Much, much more to life than football. Good luck to you all expressing your feelings on here later. Sad really.
  • Options
    I expect the worst. this season was such a waste of potential for various reasons including poor ownership. there was a championship ready side with 22 points sitting 2nd earlier this season. how wrong I was to expect a mid table finish
  • Options
    Orient in 78, Bolton in 83, Leeds in 87, Chelsea in 88, and the many Lennie inspired escapes. We’ll stay up by the skin of our teeth, against the odds.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Relegation is relegation and another fun promotion year to follow soon. 
    But the big issue is the ownership and the EFL’s reaction to it. That is the worry. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Nothing we can do to change anything. 

Sit back, relax and know at the end of the day we'll either stay up or be relegated. Either way the planet keeps on turning. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seen it all before. It'll probably be a bit worse because you can't see it in person but hey ho. It seems a very long time since I watched us beat Stoke 3-1 on the opening day and it will be a relief just to get it finished. Whatever the outcome, I've actually preferred the countless relegation scraps to the boring end of season, nothing seasons. 
  • Options
    Feeling very nervous!!! Have no expectations. Expecting the worse and hope for the best!! 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Well Ive got a sore foot! and terrible gas.
  • Options
    Resigned to relegation sadly
  • Options
    Bland.

I’ve  desensitised a bit over the last few months. The nonsense off the pitch has taken its toll on me and not being able to attend games has made it all feel not quite real (bar the usual Millwall shitshow).

This with knobs on. Just like when we dropped out of the Premier League under Pardew we've had our chances to get out of this and messed them up. It's the Charlton way.

• Options
    Confused mostly. All this nonsense with the EFL and their statements and associated news has put my brain into a spin. If we stay up, are we going to be able to compete in the league next season? And if we are, can we sign anyone? We've got key first team players out of contract and a million loans about to come to an end. We'll then have a month to bring in a whole host of new players (with what money?) just to be able to fill out a squad before the new season starts. Even if we don't have an embargo, sssuming it's pure shenanigans from here on out even if we stay up we'll probably be looking at getting tonked anyway as a midfield of Dempsey and Vennings gets run over by whichever stack of dickheads Lyle Taylor signs for. Plus, apparently, we've got to play a football match tonight.
    I think we'll stay up though, it'll be fine.
  • Options
    Bricking it, nervous energy has almost burnt me out already. 

In the great scheme of things I know tonight isn't the be all and end all.  We could stay up and ownership situation could take a turn for the worse (yes that's possible) or we could go down and it be resolved.

When the fixtures 1st came out I was hopping they would be champions and we would be safe so me and my mates could enjoy the game.  The worst part for me, working on Leeds, is IF we go down it won't be because of the preveous 45 games it will just be on tonight's result.

Also as others have hinted at this would be a hard relegation to swallow, despite the off the field stuff, as previous relegation I have experienced have always felt some what inevitable. 
  • Options
    Bland.

This 100%. Football is a business now run by scammers and morons. Just glad I am old enough to have experienced the good times.