Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cardiff City v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 30 June 2020 | Post-match views

Comments

• All day long.
  • I’ll take crap 0-0 games for the rest of the season. That would be enough to keep us up. 
    If we only managed to average a point per game for the next games, it should be enough.

• I thought Pratley was better today than against QPR - he didn't really misuse the ball
  • Dreadful game, one of the worst i've seen anywhere since football resumed.

However you can't fault the hard work and effort, and it's a great point against a play off chasing side and now 3 straight clean sheets. 

Still unbeaten against the top 6 this season. 

What has Williams done to upset Bowyer though? Man can't get even a 10 minute cameo these days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Decent point, hopefully Leeds now stuff Luton and Wigan draw with Stoke, keeping them both involved.
  • edited June 2020
    RC_CAFC said:
    Leuth said:
    Huge point and totally unexpected considering the changes made to the line up. 
    I didn't expect us to concede many playing Lockyer, Pearce and Sarr ahead of Phillips - that's a very dependable defensive unit
    Unfortunately they've conceded enough prior to the lockdown, thankfully we've now got a dependable midfield back which is helping them out

Means that Bowyer has been able to get us organised in a fashion we've not really seen since October
    Totally agree and said this before lockdown. It was never the defence, it was the fact that the midfield just didn’t protect them which was the reason we were conceding so many. 
    Was saying it till I was blue in the face, it was so clear and obvious

Just hope we dont lose Field now because him and Pratley rotating was one of the key areas in Midfield
  • Fulham just gone 2-1 up at QPR after 75 mins, to keep QPR on the edge of the relegation struggle.

• Sponsored links:

• edited June 2020
    Don’t know whether I’d prefer wigan to win to keep stoke down and wigan nothing to play for when they play us.
    Wigan to win for me, they can be on the beach by the time they face us as dont want to go to Leeds looking for a result should we need to
  • Dreadful game, one of the worst i've seen anywhere since football resumed.

However you can't fault the hard work and effort, and it's a great point against a play off chasing side and now 3 straight clean sheets. 

Still unbeaten against the top 6 this season. 

What has Williams done to upset Bowyer though? Man can't get even a 10 minute cameo these days.
    He'd have been kicked all over the pitch.
  • Great point against a side with pace and strength.

• Great draw. Poor Game . Who cares. 5 more points should be enough. Cullen was immense as usual. Another clean sheet for Phillips .
  • sammy391 said:
    Great point, another to the tally! 

My mantra for these 9 games is and was “Just don’t Lose” - and it’s working! 

Disappointing to see us really sit back and lose complete control , when the changes were made - felt green stayed on too long, and going to a back 5 was suicidal! Could have pushed on had it not been changed - although I understand that Aneke had to go off (although he looks a lot stronger ability wise than Bonne) 

onto Friday!
    We played a back five for the entire game?