Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfers (non CAFC)

Comments

• Williams is basically a right back though so better they sign a left back given Shaw is injury prone, and use Williams as competition for Wan Bissaka.

Maybe they have an alternative option, though judging by the Sancho non-move, perhaps they aren't that canny.
    Could be wrong but I don't think he is. He is right footed but has predominatly been playing at left-back for 2 years now (U23's first) so I doubt he'll move now. They've got Dalot at RB aswell. 

Don't get me wrong, they need a full back and given their links will sign one. Aren't they linked to Telles now?
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54214671

Liverpool sign Jota from Wolves. 

Just the sort of player they need, he showed last season that he was a decent wide forward and seemed to be improving throughout the season. Steep fee though, weird that it's twice what they are paying for Thiago Alcantara
  • Higuain has joined Inter Miami
  • Confirmed that Spurs have signed on loan the Welsh golfer
  • Confirmed that Spurs have signed on loan the Welsh golfer
    Ian woosnam?
  • It's not just us under a transfer embargo.

Barcelona have been banned by La Liga from signing anyone until they sell players and reduce their ridiculous wage bill.

It's currently 510m a year!!

Barcelona have been banned by La Liga from signing anyone until they sell players and reduce their ridiculous wage bill.

The madness of football. It's not as if the current Barcelona team is that good either

• I think your definition of “not very good” is a bit different to mine!

Shouldn't have stuck such a ridiculous price on Messi, I am sure Man City would have been happy to pay £70-£100 million somewhere in that region

But refusing to sell him for less than over £300 million was ridiculous 

Shouldn't have stuck such a ridiculous price on Messi, I am sure Man City would have been happy to pay £70-£100 million somewhere in that region

Difficult situation for them though.

Financially it would've made all the sense in the world to sell a 33 year old who costs you about a million a week in wages but............Messi is Barcelona and no director/president was going to want to be the "man who let Messi go".
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2020
    It's not just us under a transfer embargo.

Financially it would've made all the sense in the world to sell a 33 year old who costs you about a million a week in wages but............Messi is Barcelona and no director/president was going to want to be the "man who let Messi go".
    Exactly. Plus while so much was made of his wages and the ongoing cost per week to the club you have to wonder how many of the club sponsorship deals etc are tied to/dependent on Messi being there. They could have lost a large amount of revenue albeit while cutting back on the wage bill. 

Exactly. Plus while so much was made of his wages and the ongoing cost per week to the club you have to wonder how many of the club sponsorship deals etc are tied to/dependent on Messi being there. They could have lost a large amount of revenue albeit while cutting back on the wage bill. 
    All of them i imagine.

The day he leaves you'd probably have every sponsor on the phone wanting to renegotiate their terms.

Just the sort of player they need, he showed last season that he was a decent wide forward and seemed to be improving throughout the season. Steep fee though, weird that it's twice what they are paying for Thiago Alcantara
    That seemed to be all very low key  dont remember hearing any rumours about this move.
    I wonder when our eyebrow raiser signing will be🙂
  • Nelson Semedo to join Wolves

Another Portuguese player
  • Nelson Semedo to join Wolves

Decent player, and better than Doherty imo who he'd be replacing
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54241354

Ravel Morrison off to ADO Den Haag, club number 11...
  • sam3110 said:
    Nelson Semedo to join Wolves

Decent player, and better than Doherty imo who he'd be replacing
    He probably is, but the Doherty transfer baffled me. He was so settled and suited by Wolves' system and 15mil is a bit of a bargain in today's market. He goes to Spurs who will play him RB and I don't think he'll do aswell there. To top it off, I believe he's an Arsenal fan so can't even say he's always wanted to play for Spurs!

Great signing for liverpool, odd one for Wolves to let go. I know they have a few similar players but Jota/Jimenez link up is perfect they work so well together, the only way i could justify them selling if Jiminez is on the move? I could see him fitting into City, would offer a bit of a different threat to Aguero / Jesus. Not a rumour just my opinion. 

Thiago for Liverpool is a great signing too , such a classy footballer Xavi/iniesta combo. 
  • All part of the Wolves model I think though, get in the young (Portuguese in most cases) players via Jorge Mendes, sell them on at a profit, get the next one in (Fabio Silva in this case).

Mendes can then use the big moves those players got as evidence of the benefits for the next lot.

• Sponsored links:

Great signing for liverpool, odd one for Wolves to let go. I know they have a few similar players but Jota/Jimenez link up is perfect they work so well together, the only way i could justify them selling if Jiminez is on the move? I could see him fitting into City, would offer a bit of a different threat to Aguero / Jesus. Not a rumour just my opinion. 

Thiago for Liverpool is a great signing too , such a classy footballer Xavi/iniesta combo. 
    Strange one really as Wolves didn't seem too fussed at losing Jota and he hadn't even been starting games for them recently. One of those signings where i guess it works well for both clubs. Wolves have plenty of other attacking options and can use the money to buy Semedo and Liverpool now have a decent back up that's a much better option than Origi.
  • Dale Stephens potentially getting that move up north to Burnley. Be interesting if we have a sell on %. 
  • Ivanović signing for West Brom really passed me by. 
    Feels like a blast from the past, seems a lot longer than 3 years ago that he left Chelsea.
    He's 37 this season. Great player back in his day, but seems a bit of a desperate signing now.
  • All part of the Wolves model I think though, get in the young (Portuguese in most cases) players via Jorge Mendes, sell them on at a profit, get the next one in (Fabio Silva in this case).

Mendes can then use the big moves those players got as evidence of the benefits for the next lot.

Mendes link is outrageous and I can't believe it's allowed, but all the while it's within the rulebook fair play, I hope they exploit it to the maximum and end up being a threat to the top 4... Quite like wolves as a club, was my first away day without my old man and nuno is a fantastic manager
  • edited September 2020
    Ivanović signing for West Brom really passed me by. 
    He's 37 this season. Great player back in his day, but seems a bit of a desperate signing now.
    I dunno I think he will provide the experience and leadership that a newly promoted team like West Brom need
  • edited September 2020
    CAFCsayer said:
    All part of the Wolves model I think though, get in the young (Portuguese in most cases) players via Jorge Mendes, sell them on at a profit, get the next one in (Fabio Silva in this case).

Mendes link is outrageous and I can't believe it's allowed, but all the while it's within the rulebook fair play, I hope they exploit it to the maximum and end up being a threat to the top 4... Quite like wolves as a club, was my first away day without my old man and nuno is a fantastic manager
    I find it slightly dubious that a PL side can have so few British players, and indeed can be dominated by the players of one country. It's not as if they have a decent academy either, or buy many players from the EFL to spread the wealth in the English game
  • Barcelona clear out continues.

Vidal has gone to Inter for 1m.
    Semedo to Wolves for 27m +10m in add ons.
    Suarez is about to join Atletico.
  • Arter H goes to Forest