Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cardboard Cut-out Fans

Comments

• Blucher said:
    I think it's Cheltenham who are having Cold War Steve cutouts for the League 2 Play-Off Semi-Final

Oh, it's Hancock in the red apron. I thought it was Oberleutnant Hubert Gruber.
  • edited June 2020
    And Boris Johnson looking out of the shop window between the carcasses.

• @KBslittlesis Ooh you are such a bad influence.
  • Before you buy one it says they will contact you to see if you want to collect your cutout, once this is all over. 

When you buy it, it says you may be able to collect it if possible and if safe. 

All sounds a bit dodgy to me
  • Anyone know how many sold?, looks like Northampton have sold a few 
  • Anyone know how many sold?, looks like Northampton have sold a few 
    500 last we were told.
  • I tried to do this today and put my Dad forward. 

Couldn't get the website to take the card payment, everything else worked up until that point.

I might be being dim but wanted to see if anyone had successfully paid using a credit card? I used a laptop rather than a phone but still no joy. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I tried to do this today and put my Dad forward. 

Couldn't get the website to take the card payment, everything else worked up until that point.

I might be being dim but wanted to see if anyone had successfully paid using a credit card? I used a laptop rather than a phone but still no joy. 
    Wasn't there a cut off date for it?
  • ads said:
    I tried to do this today and put my Dad forward. 

Wasn't there a cut-out date for it?
    Fixed  ;)
  • ads said:
    I tried to do this today and put my Dad forward. 

Wasn't there a cut off date for it?
    Yeah thought that was the 21st.

We must have sold out ;) 
  • edited June 2020
    I shall be there next week courtesy of a Father's Day present from number one son.............COYRs
  • Thought this was great when the Germans started doing this so I’m in. 

I wouldn’t spend £25 on them personally but niche banter entries would surely be:

Joe Ledley 
    Cory Gibbs
    Gary Rowett
    Omar Pouso
    Piotr Parzyszek
    Rivaldo (possibly the most ridiculous transfer rumour of my lifetime)

Dont remember us being linked with Rivaldo

Romario and Saviola are the ones I recall
    His agent was shopping him to us when we were in League 1 under Powell apparently

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/47034/rivaldo/p1
  • The cardboard cut-outs will be a lot more engaged and dynamic than some of the old boys I have sat near in the east stand in the past.

Do they do one with halitosis for added realism?
    For that genuine authenticity, yes.

For just an extra fiver there is a choice of "scratch 'n' sniff" versions.  The one you mention, plus chicken vol au vent, body odour, stale tobacco, beer and vomit.
  • My boys did one for me for Father's Day - picture of me outside a pub on the Euston Road just before we got on the tube to Wembley!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2020
    Mrkinski said:

I’ll be there - if they let me take my drink to my seat.
     Thank goodness they're cherries, at first I thought 'poor chap those zits on his nose look mighty angry' 😉.
  • RedChaser said:
    I shall be there next week courtesy of a Father's Day present from number one son.............COYRs
    Same for me ...
  • shine166 said:

Done mine 
    It's funny, but I always thought you were older than that.
  • 1,000 sold - can’t believe Charlton fans have spent £25,000 on cardboard cutouts! 

If they would put the cutouts in our season ticket seats I’d be up for it.
  • bobmunro said:
    My boys did one for me for Father's Day - picture of me outside a pub on the Euston Road just before we got on the tube to Wembley!
    Nice one Bob, I too have just found out my missus has bought one for me as a Father’s Day present, only problem is she couldn’t find a picture of me in a Charlton shirt, so has got one of me on holiday wearing a Barcelona hat!
  • bobmunro said:
    My boys did one for me for Father's Day - picture of me outside a pub on the Euston Road just before we got on the tube to Wembley!
    Nice one Bob, I too have just found out my missus has bought one for me as a Father’s Day present, only problem is she couldn’t find a picture of me in a Charlton shirt, so has got one of me on holiday wearing a Barcelona hat!
    Palace colours 
  • Couldn’t be bothered to read the small print 
    I’m wondering if you get notified on ones that aren’t acceptable 🤷‍♂️
  • Father's Day gift for me too.