Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cardboard Cut-out Fans

Comments

• SDAddick said:
    They’ve been doing it in the NRL.
    Some brilliant ones that clearly the Aussies don’t realise were for laughs.
    Dominic Cummings turned up on one.
    Now people are sending photos of their dogs.
    I find it very funny & it takes my mind off the commentators who are god awful.
    How brilliant would it be to play in front of a wall of dogs?!?!?!?! This is probably the closest you'll ever get. I'm gonna start a petition for all dog cardboard cutouts required at matches. 
    We could have cardboard cut outs of our dogs. That would be good.
  • The cardboard cut-outs will be a lot more engaged and dynamic than some of the old boys I have sat near in the east stand in the past.

Do they do one with halitosis for added realism?
  • Clearly there are sensitivities and permissions, but I was thinking it might be nice to have Seb there.
  • My cardboard cutout will be late to the game, problems on the trains
  • Clearly there are sensitivities and permissions, but I was thinking it might be nice to have Seb there.
    Yes and his flag hanging in it's usual place. 
  • Can we pose with flasks? 
  • Luton are also doing the cardboard cutouts, wonder how much they are going to be 
  • edited June 2020
  • edited June 2020
    Did anyone notice what rules/regs they had up there? Wonder if they’ve taken anyone’s £25 for a giant cock and balls yet?
    Or some less than complimentary text?
  • Sponsored links:

• Proper bah humbug people on here.  Gets the club a little revenue, doesn't hurt anyone; some will love it for all sorts of different reasons.  Well done the comms team.

Maybe I should get Darren Purse and Haydn Mullins ones.
    Yep well said. They have managed to roll it out and another example of the day to day staff doing their jobs well in difficult conditions. 

Made a great choice as well for the Example Fan - hope Norm is chuffed at that.

For me £25 quid is a bit steep. Might do it for Millwall but not for all the games. Might have been different if it had been £50 for the 4 remaining home games together. But its not really my thing anyway and understand a lot of fans will be really interested. 
  • Proper bah humbug people on here.  Gets the club a little revenue, doesn't hurt anyone; some will love it for all sorts of different reasons.  Well done the comms team.

Maybe I should get Darren Purse and Haydn Mullins ones.
    Yep well said. They have managed to roll it out and another example of the day to day staff doing their jobs well in difficult conditions. 

Made a great choice as well for the Example Fan - hope Norm is chuffed at that.

For me £25 quid is a bit steep. Might do it for Millwall but not for all the games. Might have been different if it had been £50 for the 4 remaining home games together. But its not really my thing anyway and understand a lot of fans will be really interested. 
    The cardboard cutouts are for all the remaining games behind closed doors rather than a game-by-game basis. If you purchase one for £25, before midnight on June 21st, it will be there for QPR, Millwall, Reading and Wigan. 
    Any orders after that might miss out on QPR, but would be there for the remaining three. 

Oh wow... see what I mean about doing a great job. Thanks for clarifying. 

I can see now I have mis-read the article on the club website. It puts the emphasis on the QPR game but can now see that was my mistake. 

Oh well... Now have to try and come up with some attempt at humour. 
  • If 1076 of us bought one of Seb would be great to have all of them behind the goal. One for every game he attended. And for each of the remaining home games a new one gets added...
  • Addick90 said:
    If 1076 of us bought one of Seb would be great to have all of them behind the goal. One for every game he attended. And for each of the remaining home games a new one gets added...
    Great idea, but surely that 25k+ would be better spent going towards his fund ?
  • Was informed yesterday that there will be a Munro in the Covered End.
  • bobmunro said:
    Was informed yesterday that there will be a Munro in the Covered End.
    Matt?
  • Lucky Southall's gone otherwise there was a danger there might be 2 massive cocks on display at The Valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• There is a group of chickens in St Truiden, near the centre. I love them. Went to see them every time I was over there. Have decided to get the beautiful cockerel a seat.
    Huge cock, that.
  • MrWalker said:
    Lucky Southall's gone otherwise there was a danger there might be 2 massive cocks on display at The Valley.
    Sounds like you got to know him VERY well, @MrWalker......
  • MrWalker said:
    Lucky Southall's gone otherwise there was a danger there might be 2 massive cocks on display at The Valley.
    Sounds like you got to know him VERY well, @MrWalker......
    Why do you think the police turned up that time?
  • Thought this was great when the Germans started doing this so I’m in. 

I wouldn’t spend £25 on them personally but niche banter entries would surely be:

Joe Ledley 
    Cory Gibbs
    Gary Rowett
    Omar Pouso
    Piotr Parzyszek
    Rivaldo (possibly the most ridiculous transfer rumour of my lifetime)

• The Club have been monitoring the people who have forked out £25 to be part of the Cardboard End Choir. It seems the Club has just spent £500 on 25 cardboard cut-out police officers to keep order.

I wouldn’t spend £25 on them personally but niche banter entries would surely be:

Joe Ledley 
    Cory Gibbs
    Gary Rowett
    Omar Pouso
    Piotr Parzyszek

Dont remember us being linked with Rivaldo

Romario and Saviola are the ones I recall
  • Fuck!  We are even getting beaten in the "stupid fucking idea!" arena now!
  • I was worried about my cardboard cut-out getting wet if it rains … but then I found this:

Joe Ledley 
    Cory Gibbs
    Gary Rowett
    Omar Pouso
    Piotr Parzyszek

Dont remember us being linked with Rivaldo

Romario and Saviola are the ones I recall
    Also linked with the real Ronaldo when he was coming back from injury at Inter.
  • I think it's Cheltenham who are having Cold War Steve cutouts for the League 2 Play-Off Semi-Final