Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Ticket - remaining games

Comments

• Options
    Anyone know how we can watch our games from behind the sofa? Sky? iFollow or through the club? Not seen anything announced as yet. 
  • Options
    Anyone know how we can watch our games from behind the sofa? Sky? iFollow or through the club? Not seen anything announced as yet. 
    I assume Lyle Taylor will post details on how to watch our matches (or Brentford's anyway)
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Well I expect my ST money and Hull & Cardiff ticket money refunded.

If the Club is unable to, I shall be instructing Messrs Sue, Grabbit & Runne to issue proceedings against Mr Matt.
  • Options
    A creative solution, Instead of season ticket holders getting refunds, how about 1 lucky season ticket holder per home game can get collected from their home and taken to the match in a Land Rover, (I’m sure the clubs got some going spare) where they can socially distance and watch the match from the commentary gallery up  in the east stand.
  • Options
    I really would not want to add to clubs financial woes by demanding a refund,I think the best way would be to offer a voucher for some free tickets for home games when we can go again,we could then sell these if we wish.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    I wouldn’t want a refund for the remaining games. Just take the money that we would be owed as a refund off of the price of the next season ticket. Albeit we may not be able to attend games for a little while, just take it off the price when we can buy them. 
    I would be surprised if stadiums will be open come September if and when the new season starts. I like the idea of season tickets holders being able to view matches via the club website. 
  • Options
    Don’t want the money back, would rather have 4 credits for covered end lower (where I sit) for next season, only the cost of printing them for the club to bare, barring that, give me one ticket for the west stand and access to the millennium lounge for one game. 
  • Options
    A creative solution, Instead of season ticket holders getting refunds, how about 1 lucky season ticket holder per home game can get collected from their home and taken to the match in a Land Rover, (I’m sure the clubs got some going spare) where they can socially distance and watch the match from the commentary gallery up  in the east stand. gets to wear Lyle Taylor's No 9 shirt and play up front for the rest of the season
    Corrected
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Those of you who are members of CAST will be aware that they are on the case and sought feedback on approaches for any refunds in one of their weekly news emails recently.

For my part I don't have a season ticket these days because I've moved away but I aprroached the club by email for refunds on my Hull City tickets. I was told by a member of staff that they were working from home and would be dealing with refunds upon their return to the Valley which I fed back to the Trust. Whether that holds true now that the coffers must be nearly empty remains to be seen 😏.
  • Options
    Maybe we should write to the Portuguese Ambassador and ask them for our refunds... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would be happy to donate my refund to the Trust 
  • Options
    Maybe we should write to the Portuguese Ambassador and ask them for our refunds... 
    or @Algarveaddick ;)
  • Options
    Having not read the Shenanigans thread, I now realise that my quip is out of date

We should be writing to the Daily Telegraph for our refunds
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Those of you who are members of CAST will be aware that they are on the case and sought feedback on approaches for any refunds in one of their weekly news emails recently.

For my part I don't have a season ticket these days because I've moved away but I aprroached the club by email for refunds on my Hull City tickets. I was told by a member of staff that they were working from home and would be dealing with refunds upon their return to the Valley which I fed back to the Trust. Whether that holds true now that the coffers must be nearly empty remains to be seen 😏.
    I don’t think there is any justification for holding on to match ticket money at this point, other than they don’t have it to refund. They don’t need the tickets back so remote refunds should be perfectly possible. Don’t care about 4/23 ST money.
  • Options
    I do care about the season ticket money..... I am prepared to accept  a credit for future games, and until there is some sort of stability to the ownership, let alone what league we are playing in next year , I will be pursuing this either through a claim on  my credit card company, if by the resumption of this seasons games the club does not issue a clear statement  to either the trust, or by email to myself.
    In times past I would have been  prepared to have considered a  discount on a season ticket, but with the circus going on at the moment, who is to say we will even be able to continue as a club.
    This was the first year i had resumed  my season ticket, after 3 years. Yes I expect a struggle to get this money, and if it means I do not attend  matches when we are  able to attend  then so be it, my loss no doubt. To me it just shows  the contempt this circus has become, a million miles away from the CAFC I knew, or thought I  knew?. If I wish to donate the money to a cause I will decide that if it is okay CAFC. 
    As it states on the trust website...... "For anyone who is in urgent need of the money, then you should first approach their club directly. You can speak to your bank about a potential chargeback or a claim under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. A chargeback is if you pay for your ticket with your debit card, the bank can try to get the money back. If you paid with your credit card you can try to claim under Section 75. That makes your credit card company jointly liable for a breach of contract. Your credit card provider should then step in and refund the money"....... I am not  in  urgent need for the money  as it states, we shall see what the club is prepared to offer, perhaps they might need a little time. 
  • Options
    I have written off this money as I have with four shows I booked for. I don't need the money but other people are not that lucky. The Club should be arranging a refund or if there is no money in the Charlton coffers, a voucher scheme for next season when we are allowed back.
  • Options
    Or even vouchers that can also be used in the club shop
  • Options
    dickplumb said:
    I have written off this money as I have with four shows I booked for. I don't need the money but other people are not that lucky. The Club should be arranging a refund or if there is no money in the Charlton coffers, a voucher scheme for next season when we are allowed back.

Write the money off because you dont need it? What a repulsive thing to say.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc4life said:
    Ive got tickets for Cardiff away. Any idea on what happens with that?
    So have I !
  • Options
    Any talk of season ticket refunds is risible guff.
    We're lucky there's anything like a CAFC still in existence.  It's been running on fumes and borrowed time since January.  It hasn't had a brass farthing to its name since February.  If any bills have been paid since then, the funds have been magicked up from some undisclosed source.  ESI & CAFC Ltd are in all likelihood fundamentally bankrupt/insolvent/bust.  They certainly have hundreds of thousands per month in ongoing overheads and zero revenue.
    Our season ticket money was all spent at least a year ago.  The latest crooked rabble rinsed out every last penny, euro and dinar that came anywhere near SE7.  EFL allegedly ponied up some funds in advance of the usual schedule - that's all long gone.  The EFL is allegedly subbing the clubs some of the current extra overheads e.g. testing costs.  Both those subs will need repaying.
    Where in all creation is CAFC gonna get any money to give back to us?
    We've been short changed through no fault of the club.  If we could make a case it owed us anything we'd be unsecured creditors at the very back of the queue of suckers, saps and suppliers owed plenty but receiving nothing from the rotten corpse of the busted business.
    FWIW getting £70 odd back from CAFC hadn't entered the heads of any of my regular crowd of 6.

In the slim possibility that many of these theoretically scheduled fixtures get played we might like to think we'd get free access to whichever broadcaster will be filming the 'events'.

In the even slimmer possibility that something calling itself Charlton Athletic is in a position to take a place in the next season whenevethefuckthatactuallymightbe it would be good PR for the incumbent steward of that CAFC to give 19/20 ST holders some sort of priority/discount/reward/bonus on whater it is they might be able to sell us vis a vis watching 20/21 games.  Hard to imagine what that might be cos we ain't gonna be in a stadium watching games for months if not a year or more - well not unless we're mad or a miracle vaccine has been developed and administered to all attendees and 80+% of the whole population.

Nailed it for me.
  • Options

Valley Gold: When we resume behind closed doors what are the plans for the fans to watch and will season ticket holders get any compensation for games missed?

Season ticket holders will not miss out, there will be various options open to season ticket holders for the missed games, including access to live streams of our games and refunds. The plans are still being finalised and more details on this will be communicated in advance of the ticket office re-opening. 

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5eda157c04654/director-marian-mihail-answers-questions-from-supporters-05062020

• Options
    From today's Q&A post on the OS:

Valley Gold: When we resume behind closed doors what are the plans for the fans to watch and will season ticket holders get any compensation for games missed?

Season ticket holders will not miss out, there will be various options open to season ticket holders for the missed games, including access to live streams of our games and refunds. The plans are still being finalised and more details on this will be communicated in advance of the ticket office re-opening. 

• Options

• Options
    'reach out to you'

:s 
  • Options
    dickplumb said:
    It's not about people's finances necessarily.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    dickplumb said:

Write the money off because you dont need it? What a repulsive thing to say.
    Snobbery of the highest order I'd call it.