Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Ticket - remaining games

What are peoples thoughts on this?

My neighbour is a BHA season ticket holder, he received a call from the club offering either a refund or the option to give the money to charity.
With all the dismay behind the scenes, I'm not surprised we've not heard from the club. However, I would expect some sort of communication. With four games remaining, some families could lose several hundreds of pounds.

Peoples financial situations are different and to simply expect fans write that money off is unreasonable.

Comments

• Options
    I'm seeing it as money I never had so in a way I'm writing it off but would like to see something done

Dont get me wrong it would be nice to get however much money back into my account - Ultimately under noemal circumstances Id be happy for the club to use it elsewhere (charity etc) but know that isnt going to happen with these crooks

Instead I'd hope to be able to see the remaining home games for free on ValleyPass and not get my money back, its a win win for me and the club

What would piss me off is not being offered a refund and having to pay for the remaining home games
  • Options
    Hoping for a communication soon with zero expectation.  I suspect there may be some form of “offer” such as free Valley Pass to allow ST holders to watch the remaining games (assuming they wont be on telly in any case). But I will still expect a pro data refund for the games that we will be unable to attend. Under normal circumstances I might have been inclined to decline the refund to help the club out but personal finances have taken a real beating in recent months and the club is getting not a penny from me until such times as we have an owner for whom I can garner an ounce of respect. So I will be seeking my refund. If nothing happens in another few months I might ring MasterCard up and see if there is anything they can do. Plenty of charities that I can think of who would benefit from the few quid involved. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Ive got tickets for Cardiff away. Any idea on what happens with that?
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Those you should certainly get a refund for!!
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Echo the same for Hull tickets!
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Same here.

In general, something needs to be announced soon about what will happen regarding TV coverage of the Championship, and indeed when the games will be played. Will they be a different times like the PL ones, will they be played at different times to the PL ones etc
  • Options
    One of my friends a Wet Spam season ticket holder has been credited with an amount to compensate for the remaining home games. To be used when renewing if and when possible again. No mention of cash refund although I think it can be used to buy for individual matches. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Probably waiting to see if they can resolve the ownership soon.

Nimer and Southall don't have any money and the clubs priority would've been paying wages, so how will these chancers find the money to refund back to fans?

No idea how many ST holders we have but say for example we have 10k and they have to refund every ST holder 70 quid for the 4 remaining games, that's 700k they've got to find.

If they sell the club on, it becomes the next guys issue.
  • Options
    What are they doing with ordinary tickets? I have tickets for two unplayed games.
  • Options
    I've just emailed the ticket office, If I get a reply il post it here. 
  • Options
    Depends who is in charge of the club for me. 

I don't want any individual gaining from me no matter how little the monies work out. 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    What are they doing with ordinary tickets? I have tickets for two unplayed games.
    Probably have to join the list of creditors
    😂
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    I'm only owed £50 for millwall, under normal circumstances I'd say keep it for the pot, but with these scumbags in charge I either want it back or as a credit note for the next season tickets. 
    Apparently the club is also holding the money 3,000 Millwall fans have paid for the game. Apparently Millwall passed the money to Charlton (maybe £50k?) and can't get it back to pass onto their fans. 
  • Options
    I just assume we would be able to watch on tv for free whereas non season ticket holders have to pay.
  • Options
    Dodgy firestick watch for free anyway. 

Want my money back under this ownership. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I just assume we would be able to watch on tv for free whereas non season ticket holders have to pay.
    Yay lucky us, at least youl get your half time pint quick 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be honest the money doesn’t bother me, I can afford losing it. But if they don’t refund I don’t think I’ll be back any time soon after current circumstances change.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    shine166 said:
    I still might leave the stream 3 mins early, and queue up at my fridge, neck off 2 beers quickly then have a piss with my new smoke machine for the full match day experience. 
    Dont forget to half cook a handful of chips

Can only wash your hands in cold water too if you need to go for a piss
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    I still might leave the stream 3 mins early, and queue up at my fridge, neck off 2 beers quickly then have a piss with my new smoke machine for the full match day experience. 
    Don't forget to have a line 
  • Options
    I am a season ticket holder and Valley Pass subscriber. I expect no money back, but would like to watch online coverage of all our  remaining games home and away with ambient sound only.
    No commentary or punditry as you would get if attending live.
  • Options
    Any talk of season ticket refunds is risible guff.
    We're lucky there's anything like a CAFC still in existence.  It's been running on fumes and borrowed time since January.  It hasn't had a brass farthing to its name since February.  If any bills have been paid since then, the funds have been magicked up from some undisclosed source.  ESI & CAFC Ltd are in all likelihood fundamentally bankrupt/insolvent/bust.  They certainly have hundreds of thousands per month in ongoing overheads and zero revenue.
    Our season ticket money was all spent at least a year ago.  The latest crooked rabble rinsed out every last penny, euro and dinar that came anywhere near SE7.  EFL allegedly ponied up some funds in advance of the usual schedule - that's all long gone.  The EFL is allegedly subbing the clubs some of the current extra overheads e.g. testing costs.  Both those subs will need repaying.
    Where in all creation is CAFC gonna get any money to give back to us?
    We've been short changed through no fault of the club.  If we could make a case it owed us anything we'd be unsecured creditors at the very back of the queue of suckers, saps and suppliers owed plenty but receiving nothing from the rotten corpse of the busted business.
    FWIW getting £70 odd back from CAFC hadn't entered the heads of any of my regular crowd of 6.

In the slim possibility that many of these theoretically scheduled fixtures get played we might like to think we'd get free access to whichever broadcaster will be filming the 'events'.

In the even slimmer possibility that something calling itself Charlton Athletic is in a position to take a place in the next season whenevethefuckthatactuallymightbe it would be good PR for the incumbent steward of that CAFC to give 19/20 ST holders some sort of priority/discount/reward/bonus on whater it is they might be able to sell us vis a vis watching 20/21 games.  Hard to imagine what that might be cos we ain't gonna be in a stadium watching games for months if not a year or more - well not unless we're mad or a miracle vaccine has been developed and administered to all attendees and 80+% of the whole population.

• Options
    shine166 said:
    I need to find someone to walk in front of the TV 2 minutes into the second half carrying their burger and coke
    Get them to walk past you again as they realise they're in the wrong row before sitting behind you, kicking your chair for the rest of the game

Even better if you have to pay £5 to watch the stream as means you get the proper Football for a Fiver experience
  • Options
    redman said:
    shine166 said:
    I'm only owed £50 for millwall, under normal circumstances I'd say keep it for the pot, but with these scumbags in charge I either want it back or as a credit note for the next season tickets. 
    Apparently the club is also holding the money 3,000 Millwall fans have paid for the game. Apparently Millwall passed the money to Charlton (maybe £50k?) and can't get it back to pass onto their fans. 
    And?
  • Options
    Any talk of season ticket refunds is risible guff.
    We're lucky there's anything like a CAFC still in existence.  It's been running on fumes and borrowed time since January.  It hasn't had a brass farthing to its name since February.  If any bills have been paid since then, the funds have been magicked up from some undisclosed source.  ESI & CAFC Ltd are in all likelihood fundamentally bankrupt/insolvent/bust.  They certainly have hundreds of thousands per month in ongoing overheads and zero revenue.
    Our season ticket money was all spent at least a year ago.  The latest crooked rabble rinsed out every last penny, euro and dinar that came anywhere near SE7.  EFL allegedly ponied up some funds in advance of the usual schedule - that's all long gone.  The EFL is allegedly subbing the clubs some of the current extra overheads e.g. testing costs.  Both those subs will need repaying.
    Where in all creation is CAFC gonna get any money to give back to us?
    We've been short changed through no fault of the club.  If we could make a case it owed us anything we'd be unsecured creditors at the very back of the queue of suckers, saps and suppliers owed plenty but receiving nothing from the rotten corpse of the busted business.
    FWIW getting £70 odd back from CAFC hadn't entered the heads of any of my regular crowd of 6.

In the slim possibility that many of these theoretically scheduled fixtures get played we might like to think we'd get free access to whichever broadcaster will be filming the 'events'.

In the even slimmer possibility that something calling itself Charlton Athletic is in a position to take a place in the next season whenevethefuckthatactuallymightbe it would be good PR for the incumbent steward of that CAFC to give 19/20 ST holders some sort of priority/discount/reward/bonus on whater it is they might be able to sell us vis a vis watching 20/21 games.  Hard to imagine what that might be cos we ain't gonna be in a stadium watching games for months if not a year or more - well not unless we're mad or a miracle vaccine has been developed and administered to all attendees and 80+% of the whole population.

Someone, probably Airman, indicated that because Charlton was such a high risk, and because credit card companies are jointly and severally liable, said card companies would only release season ticket money to the club on a game by game basis.  If that is the case, asking for a refund from the card company would not impact the club's finances one little bit.