Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Songs you didn't know were covers

13»

Comments

• Options
    danny777 said:
    Dazed and confused - Led Zeppelin
    "Dazed and Confused was written by the folk-rock singer Jake Holmes and released as a track in his debut album "The Above Ground Sound" Of Jake Holmes in 1967. That same year Jake Holmes opened for The Yardbirds in a show in New York where Jimmy Page heard the song. The song was rearranged and later became one of Led Zeppelin best-known songs, the debt to Jake Holmes however went largely unacknowledged by the band until 2012."

Zeppelin one of the worst bands for for stealing off other musicians.
    Or one of the best.....depending on which way you're looking at it.
  • Options
    Didn't realise Step On by Happy Mondays was a cover. Original by John Kongos titled He's Gonna Step on You Again released in 1971.
  • Options
    ^^^^ Husband & wife team .. Derek Trucks is a tremendous guitarist (nephew of original Allman Brothers Band drummer)

Agree. Interesting playing style. Really good band (12 piece!) and I'd recommend any blues, rock and even funk fans to listen to then if you havent already.
    Sold. Band looked bigger than 12 with a lot of clapping going on but the guitar work was great and always like a band with space for two drum kits (even if neither drummer was really pushing it on)
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I should do a cover to cover thread but I'll just post here instead.

Great version of Nilsson's Everybodys Talkin' by Tedeschi Trucks Band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiWbBC0SouU

Everybody's talking isn't "Nilssons" it was written & originally recorded by Fred Neil ( who also wrote & recorded the much covered "Dolphins")

• Options
    Marie-douceur, Marie-colère by Marie Laforêt.  Who knew the Stones did it earlier in English as Paint it, Black?
  • Options
    Valley Floyd Road
  • Options
    Make You Feel My Love - Bob Dylan/Adele

Brilliant song written by a lyrical genius. For so many of his songs he gets away with his lack of inflection, emotion and his monotone voice. Sadly this isn't one of them.
  • Options
    “I Swear” by All-4-One. Released by them in 1994, but it was cover of a country track by John Michael Montgomery just a year earlier. I personally prefer the original.