Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Keep getting signed out

Comments

• If this doesn't get sorted soon , I'll be forced to stop paying my monthly subscription fee 
    You've been done mate, mine was suspended when we went into lockdown about the same time as Sky did for their sports package 😉.
  • RedChaser said:
    If this doesn't get sorted soon , I'll be forced to stop paying my monthly subscription fee 
    You've been done mate, mine was suspended when we went into lockdown about the same time as Sky did for their sports package 😉.
    you guys are lucky.
    I can't read other peoples posts, can't quote, and can't even post any comments.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    I can't sign in and view all posts, I can only sign in by hitting the back button on the browser. I normally log in via Facebook but no longer have that as an option.
    Same here. Getting kicked out all the time now. 
  • Same here
  • I’m grand here in West Cork.

Just saying like 😜
  • I reckon Lookie's been furloughed.
  • I reckon Lookie's been furloughed.
    This along with the display issue, he has to have been. AFKA has forgot to take the keys to the kingdom off him and he's dicking around like he won't be coming back!
  • OK, to everybody "me too"ing, can you say whether you're using
    • desktop site or mobile site
    • charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com or forum.charltonlife.com
    • safari, chrome, firefox, edge, opera or some other browser
    • Mac, Android or Windows
    so we can see if we can narrow down what those of you having issues have in common. Personally, I'm fine on desktop/charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com/firefox/windows, but I never click on the Forum, Categories, Activity links at the top, as they are hardcoded to send you through to the forum.charltonlife.com links, and then I have to log in again.
  • forum.charltonlife.com
    Mobile (Safari on iPhone) and full site (Edge on laptop)

• Sponsored links:

• chrome on my windows laptop desktop site and chrome on my android phone mobile site.
    both using forum.charltonlife.com

• OK, from a very limited set of answers so far it's looking like forum.charltonlife.com is the common factor. Next question is what were you doing when you got logged out - clicking on a link in a post, one of the menu items on the lefthand side, or is it only when you first try to access the site but you're fine after that? There is a known issue that if you're using forum.charltonlife.com and you click on a link to the charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com version of the site then you'll need to log in again if you've not been logged in for a while, and vice versa. Also, if you cleared down your cache to fix the recent display problem then your saved passwords may have been lost, so you may need to re-enter them and make sure "keep me signed in" is ticked.
  • For me it is when I go on the site. Haven't clicked anything at all. I've got keep me signed in ticked. As soon as I log in and then stay on the site for a while it's fine. Even if I close it and come back after say half hour it's fine.

Anything longer than that and it logs me out.
  • Hmmm. Can you try using charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com and see if you get the same problem?
  • We're looking into it. Update soon.
  • Weirdly I’m “signed in” in all the threads but “signed out” whenever I go back to the home/Roland out screen via either button...bit dull
  • Ross said:
    For me it is when I go on the site. Haven't clicked anything at all. I've got keep me signed in ticked. As soon as I log in and then stay on the site for a while it's fine. Even if I close it and come back after say half hour it's fine.

Anything longer than that and it logs me out.
    same problem for me an all
  • edited May 2020
    Fumbluff said:
    Weirdly I’m “signed in” in all the threads but “signed out” whenever I go back to the home/Roland out screen via either button...bit dull
    And the shenanigans thread has totes disappeared? 
    Is that related?

oh it’s members only I forgot, so I can’t see it from the main page but have to do sneaky steps to jump back into the disaster zone...
  • edited May 2020
    cannot login at all now ... although i can post this ... strange?
  •  
    Hours of fun going round this particular circle, guessing the password, trying to find the non existent email, deleting and starting again. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Fumbluff said:
    Weirdly I’m “signed in” in all the threads but “signed out” whenever I go back to the home/Roland out screen via either button...bit dull
    Same . I think the webpage address needs changing for the 'roland out' link... ie to charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com rather than wots there now..?
  • I think it's Mouthall saying goodbye
  • It’s got to be linked with that option the mods have when they sign everybody out when there’s been something a little bit controversial posted and we are required to sign in again. Either one of them has spilt some champagne on the keyboard from the daily celebrating of all the millions they are earning these days from the site traffic or the option has been set to sign out when not reading and posting.
  • Seems to be sorted now. 
    Nope
    Not here either 
  • Not here. Same problem on ipad
  • Still happening on my tablet.
  • Not sorted yet 
  • stonemuse said:
    Not sorted yet 
    Like wise.😤