Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Refunds on any flights you had

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    3 days ago the company I had booked a 3 week road trip around New England and Canada with contacted me.
    They offered a couple of options I chose that my deposit be turned into a credit note for next year and the rest of my payment be refunded.
    Over 4k put into my account today.
    Brilliant, I’d kind of written off this money.
    So huge shout out to the American Road Trip Company.
    They’ve been great since first contact from me to now.
  • Options
    BA have been pretty good compared to others I've seen, had vouchers for one flight which has already been re-used and a refund on another...We're due to fly to Florida in October which def won't be happening and their voucher policy is ridiculous.

If you booked pre March '20 (we did in mid November '19) you can only claim a voucher for flights due to depart by the end of September, but if you were stupid enough to book a flight for October in say May then you're able to claim one. Madness.
  • Options
    I was due to go to Barcelona a couple of weeks ago. Got my airport parking back with no problem and vouchers from the hotel booked to use within a year.

I applied for a refund from Easy Jet. Got an email back saying hope to refund in 28 days but don't contact us until 90 days have elapsed. Currently on day 49. Anyone had refunds from Easy Jet and recall how long they waited?
    I've been trying to contact APH at Gatwick re our Meet & Greet booking in 2 weeks time but their Ansaphone states all their staff have been furloughed & the office remains closed....

I have put in a "Contact me" email via their site but no response thus far.

Could I ask, please @bolloxbolder, if your booking was with this company and/or how you managed to make contact with them.

Many thanks.
    Jean, I too had a booking with APH at Gatwick. I sent a ‘contact me’ email a couple of weeks ago and got a response this evening. Basically offering me a voucher worth 130% of my original booking if I book with them at Gatwick, Manchester or Birmingham by end of 2021. It then has a link if I want to call them to rebook which when opened tells me their office is closed and all staff furloughed. I don’t want to rebook though. I will be sending another ‘contact me’ email insisting on a refund. I’m sure you will hear likewise soon.
    Ah, thanks, Neale.

I've received nothing so far but will keep my fingers crossed.

Perhaps you'd let me know if you hear from them regarding a refund.

Received an email from APH saying they were snowed under with cancellation requests and were working through them in date order. Seems they will be issuing refunds but will need to contact me as they don't hold payment details on file once date of travel has passed. I don't anticipate hearing from them anytime soon …..
    Ditto, thanks.

Plan to make online contact again in the next week so will let you know if I have a response.

• Options
    We have had £4k of the £7k refunded on our cancelled Canadian holiday. £2.4k is due back from The Rocky Mountain Railraod Company for a train trip we had booked in the Rockies and the remainder is from a hotel. All this is due in early August so we feel more comfortable now. 
  • Options
    I was due to go to Barcelona a couple of weeks ago. Got my airport parking back with no problem and vouchers from the hotel booked to use within a year.

I applied for a refund from Easy Jet. Got an email back saying hope to refund in 28 days but don't contact us until 90 days have elapsed. Currently on day 49. Anyone had refunds from Easy Jet and recall how long they waited?
    I've been trying to contact APH at Gatwick re our Meet & Greet booking in 2 weeks time but their Ansaphone states all their staff have been furloughed & the office remains closed....

I have put in a "Contact me" email via their site but no response thus far.

Could I ask, please @bolloxbolder, if your booking was with this company and/or how you managed to make contact with them.

Many thanks.
    Jean, I too had a booking with APH at Gatwick. I sent a ‘contact me’ email a couple of weeks ago and got a response this evening. Basically offering me a voucher worth 130% of my original booking if I book with them at Gatwick, Manchester or Birmingham by end of 2021. It then has a link if I want to call them to rebook which when opened tells me their office is closed and all staff furloughed. I don’t want to rebook though. I will be sending another ‘contact me’ email insisting on a refund. I’m sure you will hear likewise soon.
    Ah, thanks, Neale.

I've received nothing so far but will keep my fingers crossed.

Perhaps you'd let me know if you hear from them regarding a refund.

Received an email from APH saying they were snowed under with cancellation requests and were working through them in date order. Seems they will be issuing refunds but will need to contact me as they don't hold payment details on file once date of travel has passed. I don't anticipate hearing from them anytime soon …..
    Ditto, thanks.

Plan to make online contact again in the next week so will let you know if I have a response.

I've still not heard anymore …...
  • Options
    I must say BA were excellent.  Once they notified us our flights would not be happening they processed a full refund for the full amount.  We even got the hotels refunded by Expedia in Atlanta and Nashville which were both non-refundable.

We decided to book a fortnight to avilla in the middle of nowhere in Portugal as we were sure that would be on "the list" and we wouldn't need to quarantine upon return...we were wrong so we cancelled that trip yesterday and again got a full refund, including the seat reservations we had (usually non refundable).  

Now booked a villa in south of France that we will drive to and just pray there is no surge in the Gers region of France between now and then!  We can isolate completely once there and I can't bloody wait.  3 weeks and counting

It must be said the refund policies have been stretched by our requests but they have all played ball and we've not lost anything at all.  Good luck to everyone and I hope you all get sorted.
  • Options
    Just looked at my credit card statement and found our APH payment credited yesterday!

Hope yours arrives soon, Large.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I must say BA were excellent.  Once they notified us our flights would not be happening they processed a full refund for the full amount.  We even got the hotels refunded by Expedia in Atlanta and Nashville which were both non-refundable.

We decided to book a fortnight to avilla in the middle of nowhere in Portugal as we were sure that would be on "the list" and we wouldn't need to quarantine upon return...we were wrong so we cancelled that trip yesterday and again got a full refund, including the seat reservations we had (usually non refundable).  

Now booked a villa in south of France that we will drive to and just pray there is no surge in the Gers region of France between now and then!  We can isolate completely once there and I can't bloody wait.  3 weeks and counting

It must be said the refund policies have been stretched by our requests but they have all played ball and we've not lost anything at all.  Good luck to everyone and I hope you all get sorted.
    I had three different bookings with BA to get refunded or re-arranged ... they were quick and exemplary with all of them as were the hotels concerned. 
  • Options
    Having eventually got my refund from Ryanair I will never pay by debit card for any future flights or holidays. 

Getting money back on a credit card would have been far easier.

Companies should be banned from sending out unsolicited vouchers to delay refunds.
  • Options
    Has anyone tried to re book flights with BA vouchers can’t do it online and every time I’ve tried the phone it’s a no no lines busy try later 
    don’t know why the voucher codes can’t be used online 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've tried doing that and as you say it doesn't work. Seems stupid as there's a box to enter an e code but won't accept these future vouchers refs.

Think it's a ploy by BA that you can't get through on the phones and eventually you forget about the vouchers?
  • Options
    still waiting on a full refund from last minute.com on a trip to Rome earlier this month. The email they sent us cancelling it said not to contact them but how long do you wait 
  • Options
    Has anyone tried to re book flights with BA vouchers can’t do it online and every time I’ve tried the phone it’s a no no lines busy try later 
    don’t know why the voucher codes can’t be used online 

I've rebooked a flight using a voucher, can only be done on the phone. I found if you just keep trying the line you'll eventually get through. 
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Having eventually got my refund from Ryanair I will never pay by debit card for any future flights or holidays. 

Companies should be banned from sending out unsolicited vouchers to delay refunds.
    Your joking.
    I paid for my cruise with credit card.
    For some excursions by debit card.
    Took me 25 minutes online to make claim on debit card by online chat.
    Within a couple of hours money back in my account pending inquiries.
    9 weeks later still waiting with barclaycard, told me 3 weeks ago in an email they needed more info that I didn't think was right and I was told by BCARD on Twitter this email was sent in error.
    was told yesterday they do want more information.
    Asked the lady on the phone if I could have an email address so I could send over a couple of emails and she could tell me while on the phone if that's enough to progress.
    No they are not allowed to receive emails.
    Ok I've just gone to my online form and it's not letting me upload any more info.
    No I'm told I will have open up a new claim to add more info on.
    I'm now f@cking waiting for them to send me a link for a new online claim.

• Options
    On a brighter note.
    A shout out to Travelbag
    Told my wife she wouldn't be getting a refund before 50 days.
    And that her refund would be processed by the end of 17th of July.
    True to their word refund in by 17th.

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Crusty54 said:

Your joking.
    I paid for my cruise with credit card.
    For some excursions by debit card.
    Took me 25 minutes online to make claim on debit card by online chat.
    Within a couple of hours money back in my account pending inquiries.
    9 weeks later still waiting with barclaycard, told me 3 weeks ago in an email they needed more info that I didn't think was right and I was told by BCARD on Twitter this email was sent in error.
    was told yesterday they do want more information.
    Asked the lady on the phone if I could have an email address so I could send over a couple of emails and she could tell me while on the phone if that's enough to progress.
    No they are not allowed to receive emails.
    Ok I've just gone to my online form and it's not letting me upload any more info.
    No I'm told I will have open up a new claim to add more info on.
    I'm now f@cking waiting for them to send me a link for a new online claim.

I should imagine it’s more a case of dealing with Ryan Air rather than a debit v credit card issue. I refuse to fly with those shysters anymore.
  • Options
    We have had £4k of the £7k refunded on our cancelled Canadian holiday. £2.4k is due back from The Rocky Mountain Railraod Company for a train trip we had booked in the Rockies and the remainder is from a hotel. All this is due in early August so we feel more comfortable now. 
    All the monies received which is earlier than the proposed date in August.
  • Options
    Proper charlton - 2.4k for a train option!
  • Options
    Boom said:
    Proper charlton - 2.4k for a train option!
    Lol, and they were the cheap tickets, Gold class was another level.