Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Refunds on any flights you had

Comments

• holyjo said:
    I booked to flights to San Fran and was due to fly last week. The flights were with United and I booked through Travel Up......just heard I will get a refund in next few days - surprised tbh. 
    Got the refund less £30 admin fee
  • I spent 45 minutes online with Ryanair last week. They had acknowledged my refund request on 7th April. They later sent me a voucher for alternative flights which I ignored. The online messages then said they would process my refund application when staff were available. Presumably I am now at the back of the queue. The CAA should ban them until the refunds are all processed.
  • Crusty54 said:
    I spent 45 minutes online with Ryanair last week. They had acknowledged my refund request on 7th April. They later sent me a voucher for alternative flights which I ignored. The online messages then said they would process my refund application when staff were available. Presumably I am now at the back of the queue. The CAA should ban them until the refunds are all processed.
    They are a disgrace and Michael O'Leary's attitude to customers and pretty much everything would have me ask "why would anyone ever choose to travel with Ryanair?" 
  • Received my full refund from Travel Republic today. 
  • clb74 said:
    I see on twitter @Rob7Lee is having trouble with p and o cruises aswell
    It's actually my father in law, he filled out the form to cancel, the email that came before that said full refund if you are over 70 or suffer an illness etc. Well he's 72 and 3 months later they send him 50% refund....... citing their cancellation terms .........
  • Now all non essential shops can open any clue as to when Tui high street shops will open 
  • Rob7Lee said:
    clb74 said:
    I see on twitter @Rob7Lee is having trouble with p and o cruises aswell
    It's actually my father in law, he filled out the form to cancel, the email that came before that said full refund if you are over 70 or suffer an illness etc. Well he's 72 and 3 months later they send him 50% refund....... citing their cancellation terms .........
    Ok. I get it. On the original post, I assumed that it was about the real Robert Lee.,😄
  • Just spent one hour on the phone to Tui.
    Cancelled this year's holiday and rebooked exactly the same holiday for next year.
    Same flights 
    Same hotel
    Same package. 
    Cost me an extra £350.
    Quite happy with that tbh.
  • I had flights booked (in January) with Norwegian, due to fly to New York and back in August with the Mrs, £1,250 total. 

Flights were cancelled 1st June, refund requested 1st June
    Update my refund was being processed Monday 15th June
    Funds returned to my (debit) card today 18th June

Not a bad turnaround, considering there were serious concerns they may be in proper trouble at the start of this
  • I'm still waiting on flight refunds from a holiday I should have gone on over a month ago. Ryanair of course 
  • Sponsored links:

• PWR
    jet2 have been brilliant keeping me informed.
    was due to go away on 8th July, got cancelled 8th June and all monies paid back today.

• edited June 2020
    Got this email from
    easyjet last night after waiting about a month since my refund application was submitted.

notice it says they’ve given me a voucher, but then below I have been given visa debit refund? I haven’t received any voucher (which I don’t want, I want the refund).

I’m yet to see the refund though. Has anyone on here had this experience yet? And did it take a certain amount of time from the date you received this email to
    get a refund? 

Edit: re-read and it says I used a voucher?! I never did. Now I'm really confused. where's my fxcking money?! lol

• edited June 2020
    Had a couple of flights booked with BA for Vegas 20-27 August. There's a chance those flights will go ahead but there's no way we can travel this year with my wife's illness - so I would have had to cancel and claim on insurance.
    BA gave me the option to take vouchers now for the full ticket prices, to be used by 30 April 2022. Decent offer which I have accepted as we will definitely be using them in the next 2 years. Saves the hassle of the insurance claim as well.

P.S. the Voucher Codes were in my inbox within 5 minutes of claiming them, and the flights had duly disappeared when I then logged in to my BA account.
  • I had flights booked with two Korean low-cost airlines. Absolutely no problems at all getting a refund, all done through the website in a matter of minutes.

Air Asia is a different matter. Still waiting for something after my flight was cancelled three months ago.

Accepted a voucher from Emirates for my UK flight. Hopefully quarantine will be over by mid-September (and here in early November) so I can get to London and take in some games at The Valley!
  • bobmunro said:
    Had a couple of flights booked with BA for Vegas 20-27 August. There's a chance those flights will go ahead but there's no way we can travel this year with my wife's illness - so I would have had to cancel and claim on insurance.
    BA gave me the option to take vouchers now for the full ticket prices, to be used by 30 April 2022. Decent offer which I have accepted as we will definitely be using them in the next 2 years. Saves the hassle of the insurance claim as well.

P.S. the Voucher Codes were in my inbox within 5 minutes of claiming them, and the flights had duly disappeared when I then logged in to my BA account.
    Same experience I have had with all my BA flights ... quick and efficient refunds or postponement. 
  • Got this email from
    easyjet last night after waiting about a month since my refund application was submitted.

notice it says they’ve given me a voucher, but then below I have been given visa debit refund? I haven’t received any voucher (which I don’t want, I want the refund).

I’m yet to see the refund though. Has anyone on here had this experience yet? And did it take a certain amount of time from the date you received this email to
    get a refund? 

Edit: re-read and it says I used a voucher?! I never did. Now I'm really confused. where's my fxcking money?! lol

I had the same from easyJet - I got my refund a couple of days after the date showing payment was made - in your case 18th June. You’ll get your cash either today or tomorrow I’d expect.
  • Got this email from

get a refund? 

I would expect 2/3 working days, so Monday or Tuesday. 
  • Cheers chaps 
  • My trip with Mrs Holyjo to Norway in August now cancelled...... money back from Norwegian Airways within 1 week
  • I hope everyone manages to get what they want. I was so frustrated with booking.com I challenged them to look at their procedures and why I was messed around so much in getting a full refund. I heard yesterday that my request for 100 Euros compensation has been authorised - so keep at 'em!
  • Sponsored links:

• Still can’t get my flight money as it’s not cancelled by BA (Atlanta is still an active route apparently)but we’ve just cancelled our accommodation and that money will take 3-4 weeks to come back. 
    BA will offer a voucher valid to April 2022 but what’s the likelihood of getting something comparable for the money once flying resumes properly!?!?!
    i want it back so we can book something for maybe April next year or possibly a Christmas holiday but until it all comes back we are £10k out of pocket

worst of all I could really do with a break and some sunshine right now
  • Eventually got my money back from BA. Was flying to the Isle of Man from City for a cycling event.

They cancelled the outbound flight and in their infinite wisdom rebooked me on a later return flight, even though I wasn't going to be in a position to take that flight!

Took me over a week of trying to get though on the phone. They requested a DM via Twitter and then ignored it.

Had to argue with a call centre robot and escalate to a supervisor before they agreed to refund both flights.

Then had another argument as they initially didn't refund my excess luggage fees and seat bookings.

All in all a bloody nightmare.

Once they actually agreed to pay out the money came through in 3 days.
  • Thanks to whoever posted that email address for john? at Easyjet.
    Cc'd him into a couple of emails following the 28 days, and got a refund the next day.
    Cheers.

• Refund from EasyJet also arrived today, 3 working days after the email advising of refund.

• about 16 weeks into waiting for a refund now. Does anyone know if your credit card company would be likely to issue a charge back or whatever it is or do you just have to wait until it eventually shows up in your account? Flights not booked with UK based company.
  • about 16 weeks into waiting for a refund now. Does anyone know if your credit card company would be likely to issue a charge back or whatever it is or do you just have to wait until it eventually shows up in your account? Flights not booked with UK based company.

You might find this useful:

A lesson ive learnt for the future.
    I will not trust anyone, i will give them the 15 days and then do a chargeback.
    Day 102 for me and no refund.
    Lie after lie from p&o gave them the 60 day they said the refund would be returned in.
    Rang p ando 14 days ago they said the cheque had been sent on 21st of may and they would ring back with an update.
    5 days later the wife rang them and told her because id done a chargeback it was being done by the credit card firm.
    So there was no cheque.
    Roughly about 30 days since i done a chargeback  an Barclaycard have not once updated me, i expect to wait another 30 days for my refund so in the end it will be 4 months.
    If you decide to do a chargeback now id expect to wait 60 days from now and its why in the future i will chargeback after 15 days.
    All these adverts i see for mental health are a joke , have tried phoning Barclaycard a few times but after an hour of someone telling me every 15 seconds that their phone lines are busy i have to put the phone down.
    The funny thing is p and o have emailed me to tell me the cruise in october needs paying.
  • I was due to go to Barcelona a couple of weeks ago. Got my airport parking back with no problem and vouchers from the hotel booked to use within a year.

I applied for a refund from Easy Jet. Got an email back saying hope to refund in 28 days but don't contact us until 90 days have elapsed. Currently on day 49. Anyone had refunds from Easy Jet and recall how long they waited?
    I've been trying to contact APH at Gatwick re our Meet & Greet booking in 2 weeks time but their Ansaphone states all their staff have been furloughed & the office remains closed....

I have put in a "Contact me" email via their site but no response thus far.

Could I ask, please @bolloxbolder, if your booking was with this company and/or how you managed to make contact with them.

Many thanks.
    Jean, I too had a booking with APH at Gatwick. I sent a ‘contact me’ email a couple of weeks ago and got a response this evening. Basically offering me a voucher worth 130% of my original booking if I book with them at Gatwick, Manchester or Birmingham by end of 2021. It then has a link if I want to call them to rebook which when opened tells me their office is closed and all staff furloughed. I don’t want to rebook though. I will be sending another ‘contact me’ email insisting on a refund. I’m sure you will hear likewise soon.
    Ah, thanks, Neale.

I've received nothing so far but will keep my fingers crossed.

Perhaps you'd let me know if you hear from them regarding a refund.

Received an email from APH saying they were snowed under with cancellation requests and were working through them in date order. Seems they will be issuing refunds but will need to contact me as they don't hold payment details on file once date of travel has passed. I don't anticipate hearing from them anytime soon …..
  • edited July 2020
    I've got the vouchers back from Air France for flights we had booked in July.

I've also managed to put back an easyjet flight.

However flights booked with mytrip.com has so infuriated me that I have now been led to just send this e-mail:

Dear Sir / Madam,

Firstly, it is unclear to me now whether I am communicating with an English speaking or French speaking customer service team. Your last message to my wife, ********** was in English so I shall continue in that language. I understand that you have a high number of customer service calls due to COVID-19 but we would just like some kind of idea of how long it will take you to treat this claim. After all, if you treat claims in chronological order then this claim must have been one of the first seeing as the flights were at the very outbreak of COVID-19. You could inform us for example if you have heard anything back from Air France at all. Have you indeed even contacted them yet?

It is acceptable to some extent that you state that COVID-19 is slowing down requests but after nearly three months, your customer service is now at the limits of what is acceptable even in this situation with COVID-19. You state below  that Le remboursement dépend des délais de traitement de la compagnie aérienne’. I would like to point out to you that we also had flights booked for July with Air France and this was dealt with quickly and vouchers have already been issued by Air France. It is not reasonable therefore for you to claim that Air France is stalling on this matter. If they have given vouchers for July flights then must surely have done for those in March. Your first reply to us regarding this cancellation dates back to 12th March. That is three months ago tomorrow.

My wife last wrote to you on 30th May about this (and has not received any reply. As ‘chef de service’ at the hospital she no longer has time to deal with this and so has now passed this matter into my hands.  In further referral to Mrs ******** position at the hospital, I attach the ‘attestation’ showing that a cancellation was necessary in order for her to deal with the COVID19 crisis. Such a document does not seem to me necessary given that our July flights did not  require any such documentation in order to get a refund, although I do understand that the 12th and 13th March flights may have actually departed.

Please deal with this request immediately because Mrs ******* would like to use the vouchers to re-book her trip for a date sometime in October or November. Your delay therefore is preventing her from getting a reasonable price on these new fares.

Should I not receive any reply to this e-mail within 14 days I shall be referring this matter to our ‘service juridique.’

Yours Faithfully,

An update on this situation:

Mastercard agreed to refund us given that my wife couldn't take her flight as she had to work at the hospital.

They require however some documents from mytrip.

I spent hours yesterday calling them: once on the English speaking service, I got throught to someone in India, and once on the French speaking service I got through to someone in N. Africa.

Anyhow, they refused to give me the documents I require.

Ive done some reseach this morning and found on Companies House that mytrip have filled in form DS1 (Striking off application by a company). The 'First Gazette' shows that mytrip will be striked off as from 26th July 2020.

This means, I believe, that mytrip will no longer exist as a company!

Yet they are still taking online bookings!

This is unbelievable! Shouldn't this news be broadcast to a wide audience: DO NOT BOOK WITH MYTRIP: THEY ARE GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!

@afkabar@AFKABartram : You may want to make an announcement about this to stop people booking with mytrip