Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Refunds on any flights you had

Comments

• Options
    If you accept a voucher you run the risk of them going bust.
    Also, as I understand it, a lot of your rights are not applicable such as when you pay by credit card.
  • Options
    Was due home on the 1st May via Manila. Waiting to rebook it as it’s the second leg of a return journey. Hoping to get home before October if possible. 
  • Options
    Had a BA flight for 1 June, return 8 June. They cancelled the flight about a week ago. Tried ringing all week but couldn't get through.

Gave it a go yesterday thinking got no chance on a Bank Holiday, got through and sorted within 5 minutes, refund should be back on my credit card in 3/4 days.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    clb74 said:
    My advice wait the 14 days and then do a chargeback.
    Have waited 53 days for a refund on our cruise, said up to 45 days at first and the  60 days.
    It looks like they haven't refunded anyone yet and will do on day 60.
    What do I then do if not recieved refund on day 61?
    Wait the 14 days and then chargeback at least you know where you are then
    Did you book with Nimer Cruises?
    P and o cruises.
    It does look like BA have come out this really well at the moment and people will be looking at this.
    Going forward over the next couple of years our experience will change the way we book not only holidays but the amount of time we allow firms to refund us.

• Options
    Re BA, I had another return flight cancelled last month, went on their website and hit the 'Refund Flight' button, filled in the details and hit send only to notice this was for Future travel Vouchers which I have since received. As I couldn't get through to them for the last few weeks I raised a claimback with Amex, it's ongoing but don't want the vouchers as not sure how long this situation will last.

• Options
    Based on this it seems that the budget airlines are offering budget customer service and BA (who I’ve always felt are good when flying with them) are doing a good job.  No surprise there I guess.

@eaststandmike good luck with that mate.  That’s a hefty chunk of money, hope they come through 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    BA have refunded several flights that I had with them over April & May. It was a nightmare contacting them directly but DM’ing them worked really well and I got the money back no problems.

How do you DM them? After readig your comment I went on their site and tried that chat thing but it is automated and just spews out automated responses
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    BA have refunded several flights that I had with them over April & May. It was a nightmare contacting them directly but DM’ing them worked really well and I got the money back no problems.

How do you DM them? After readig your comment I went on their site and tried that chat thing but it is automated and just spews out automated responses
    Send them a direct message on Twitter, In the message;

-  state the booking ref number
    -  confirm your passport number + any more passport numbers associated with the booking including their expiry dates
    -  confirm the email address that was used on the booking  

• Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

-  confirm your passport number + any more passport numbers associated with the booking including their expiry dates

Thanks, but I'm not on twitter. I'll try the phone again as someone mentioned earlier they got through (surprisingly)
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Thanks, but I'm not on twitter. I'll try the phone again as someone mentioned earlier they got through (surprisingly)
    It would genuinely be easier to sign up to Twitter and DM them than try and contact an airline by phone during the greatest crisis in the history of their industry. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

It would genuinely be easier to sign up to Twitter and DM them than try and contact an airline by phone during the greatest crisis in the history of their industry. 
    I got through on the phone really quickly! Refund has been processed so I thought it might take a while to come through - turns out not only has it already credited our account, the other half didn't spot it on the last statement!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

I got through on the phone really quickly! Refund has been processed so I thought it might take a while to come through - turns out not only has it already credited our account, the other half didn't spot it on the last statement!
    Oh cool! Ignore me, I guess things have improved since a few weeks ago when it was an absolute nightmare trying to call, glad you got sorted.
  • Options
    I’ve finally managed to apply on-line with EasyJet for refunds on our flights to Jersey over Easter and Benidorm with mates at the end of April. Not holding my breath for the money to come through though.
    @DaveMehmet can I ask how you did this please? we had a flight with Easyjet and seemed impossible to get through on phone. Online only offered rebook or voucher. Day before flight thought I would have to do something went for voucher which incidentally hasn't yet been received. Would much rather have refund? Did you apply before or after your flight and how did you do it? Thanks 
  • Options
    Ought to say how good Agoda where with the hotel. Cancelled and refunded very quickly even though non-cancellable under normal circumstances.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Travel Republik has said they will refund the total cost of my trip but the repayments will be x number of weeks from the start oh the holiday. My actual refund is due next month. 
  • Options
    Was supposed to be going to Southern Ireland in June with aer lingus for the first time ever with my Irish mate....paid in January. Got an email yesterday  saying I can book another flight or have a voucher plus 10% of the value....we could probably still fly but social distancing and naff all being open suggests a voucher.
  • Options
    redman said:
    I’ve finally managed to apply on-line with EasyJet for refunds on our flights to Jersey over Easter and Benidorm with mates at the end of April. Not holding my breath for the money to come through though.
    @DaveMehmet can I ask how you did this please? we had a flight with Easyjet and seemed impossible to get through on phone. Online only offered rebook or voucher. Day before flight thought I would have to do something went for voucher which incidentally hasn't yet been received. Would much rather have refund? Did you apply before or after your flight and how did you do it? Thanks 
    I went through the Covid-19 section and entered the flight details. It still tries to get you to take voucher or rebook but eventually you can request a refund.
  • Options
    I had to cancel 2 holidays, both say money can take 35 days to come through.
  • Options
    We were due to fly to Canada on the 28th May, so far not had a penny back and been offered vouchers which we have refused. It was over £7k so we will wait till nearer the 28th and then ramp up the pressure.
    Hmm maybe I should also have taken a stand.

I was booked on a flight to Calgary on the 27th May and just took the voucher!
  • Options
    Anyone had any luck getting refunds via booking.com on bookings that didn't have free cancellation?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have flights booked on BA to Dublin using part AVIOS and part money. I also used a couple of vouchers I had to upgrade.
    The flights aren't until the end of June and were for a Euro 2020 match.
    Will I get points, money and upgrade back?
    I was hoping that UEFA would announce the new specific dates before then and I could just reschedule my flights.
  • Options
    You will get your Avios points back. I had a trip to Greece last September, paid part cash and part points.

Return flight was cancelled due to industrial action on BA so cancelled both flights and got full refund, cash and points. 

• Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Anyone had any luck getting refunds via booking.com on bookings that didn't have free cancellation?
    We contacted the villa direct and they wanted to offer us the opportunity to re-book. We contacted booking.com who contacted the villa to request a refund but no response. I have chased, but still no response. We aren't adverse to going to the same place, hopefully next year, but would far prefer a refund for now as, along with the many unknowns, I have no idea when I'll be able to take leave as we have minimum manning levels and everyone will have leave they're going to want to take 
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    We contacted the villa direct and they wanted to offer us the opportunity to re-book. We contacted booking.com who contacted the villa to request a refund but no response. I have chased, but still no response. We aren't adverse to going to the same place, hopefully next year, but would far prefer a refund for now as, along with the many unknowns, I have no idea when I'll be able to take leave as we have minimum manning levels and everyone will have leave they're going to want to take 
    I've just raised a case via Resolver (which is in association with MoneySaving Expert)
  • Options
    Afternoon All.  I hope you are all well. I would be grateful for some advice please We are due to travel with Virgin Holidays on a package holiday in August which was booked at Xmas.  We are due to pay the substantial balance next week which I know we need to do to protect our deposit in the event of any future cancellation by Virgin or by their possible liquidation.  Ideally I would like to get a refund of our deposit now.  Is this possible on either grounds that my wife is in the shielding category and that Virgin now won’t be flying us from Gatwick but from Heathrow.  Thanks
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Afternoon All.  I hope you are all well. I would be grateful for some advice please We are due to travel with Virgin Holidays on a package holiday in August which was booked at Xmas.  We are due to pay the substantial balance next week which I know we need to do to protect our deposit in the event of any future cancellation by Virgin or by their possible liquidation.  Ideally I would like to get a refund of our deposit now.  Is this possible on either grounds that my wife is in the shielding category and that Virgin now won’t be flying us from Gatwick but from Heathrow.  Thanks
    Not sure if this helps...

The change from Gatwick to Heathrow wont make any difference - a different airport in the same city wouldn't be deemed a material change.

Unless (and until) VH cancel the holiday, then the balance payment is still due. If you don't pay it, the booking will be cancelled and you will lose your deposit. Your wife's status is unlikely to change that (if its a medical condition, then you may be covered by your travel insurance).

To "save" your deposit, you need to pay the balance. At the point of cancellation, VH will be required to refund you the full value. Whilst the law states this should be repaid within 14 days, the reality is at the moment refunds are taking a lot longer.

Alternatively, you may choose to move your booking to a future date and its likely that VH will incentivise you to do so - if that is the case your money remains safe, either through VH or, in the case of their collapse (hopefully not) from the CAA.

In short, if you want your deposit back, you are likely to need to pay the balance.... 
  • Options
    redman said:
    I went through the Covid-19 section and entered the flight details. It still tries to get you to take voucher or rebook but eventually you can request a refund.
    Somebody on here (thanks whoever it was) passed what exactly to put in the subject of an email to easyJet, they paid me within a week when I did this having not responded to my emails, calls or online contacts previously. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I have flights booked on BA to Dublin using part AVIOS and part money. I also used a couple of vouchers I had to upgrade.
    The flights aren't until the end of June and were for a Euro 2020 match.
    Will I get points, money and upgrade back?
    I was hoping that UEFA would announce the new specific dates before then and I could just reschedule my flights.
    If it works out like mine did, you will get points and money back ... not sure about the upgrade as I didn’t use one ... however, BA have been extremely helpful so far. I would guess they may give you a voucher for use in the next 12 months. 
  • Options
    Any luck with Ryanair anyone?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Had a BA flight for 1 June, return 8 June. They cancelled the flight about a week ago. Tried ringing all week but couldn't get through.

Gave it a go yesterday thinking got no chance on a Bank Holiday, got through and sorted within 5 minutes, refund should be back on my credit card in 3/4 days.
    Phoned on 8 May, the refund hit my credit card on 9 May.