Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Photos of you as a nipper

Comments

• Options
    Picture of me taken in 1907/08 at the age of either 2 or 3....some 62 years ago, in my very small back-garden in New Eltham. Had blonde hair then.....and god knows what I'm wearing!! By the age of 5 my hair had gone brown and now it's very grey!

• Options
    Picture of me taken in 1957/8 at the age of either 2 or 3....some 62 years ago, in my very small back-garden in New Eltham. Had blonde hair then.....and god knows what I'm wearing!! By the age of 5 my hair had gone brown and now it's very grey!

Is that a noose?
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Picture of me taken in 1957/8 at the age of either 2 or 3....some 62 years ago, in my very small back-garden in New Eltham. Had blonde hair then.....and god knows what I'm wearing!! By the age of 5 my hair had gone brown and now it's very grey!

Is that a noose?
    Funnily enough I think it was the hosepipe we used to use to fill up the 'tin bath', which was hung on the outside privy door, until it was carried into the kitchen every Monday evening and the hosepipe was then attached to the hot water geezer above the kitchen sink!!! They were the days!!! LOL
  • Options
    I'd have said it looks more like the washing line to be honest.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    I'd have said it looks more like the washing line to be honest.
    Could be, but looks a little thick to me. We did hang the hosepipe near the back gate...god knows why!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2020

Are you related to Albert Pierrepoint?

The camera angle makes it look like you're walking to the noose!

EDIT: Already observed above I see now!
  • Options
    We should call you Claret Fanny. You improve with age :)
  • Options
    Sorry, just Claret. :)
  • Options
    Blimey, Jean, you look like you’re about to have a barney with Katrien in that baby photo. 
  • Options
    Brilliant  photos Jean xx
  • Options
    The photo with your dear Mum is beautiful, Daz ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My first Eminem impression(I think lol)

De Lucy Primary School

All the best people went to De Lucy mate ;)
    I did too.
  • Options
    Completely irrelevant but I never understood why it was so named when it's presumably named after De Luci. 
  • Options
    Completely irrelevant but I never understood why it was so named when it's presumably named after De Luci. 
    Looks like either is correct: - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Lucy
  • Options
    It definitely was named after Richard De Luci, I remember them telling us lol
  • Options
    Fook. My mum used to dress me and my brothers the same. Then years later they have the temerity to ask "why do you and him look so miserable in those photos?".  Dunno maybe it was being dragged up to C&A in Eltham and being kitted out in matching own brand tank tops!
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Fook. My mum used to dress me and my brothers the same. Then years later they have the temerity to ask "why do you and him look so miserable in those photos?".  Dunno maybe it was being dragged up to C&A in Eltham and being kitted out in matching own brand tank tops!
    Same here with my Irish twin brother. (Born within 12 months of each other)
  • Options
    Ashers said:
    With my cousin following the traditional post match pitch invasion. It was August 1974, we'd won 4-0 against Peterborough - Curtis, Hunt, Horsfield and Hales - happy days! I'm the blond one on the left being very careful over the barrier!
    Pretty close to where the legendary scoreboard was.
    I  Used to love watching the guy put the halftimes up.....
  • Options
    Same here with my sister (although when we were very little she used to make a lot of our clothes rather than buy them) and being the youngest I'd end up wearing them twice.