Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite Peanut Butter?

Comments

• Options
    Do love a bit of Sun Pat. Peanut butter has seemingly been the apocalypse food of choice recently though so haven't been able to get much. Currently got a jar of Skippy in the cupboard which is an American brand. I'll report back once I open it
    It's very, very sweet. Sun Pat still tops my list
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Love peanuts but detest peanut butter - the work of the Devil.
    Me as well, although I've never actually had peanut butter as I can't stand the smell of it
  • Options

Got this in my shop from Tesco a few weeks back as a substitute for their own brand, never going back 
  • Options
    Without doubt Skippy is the best, always get a big jar from Costco, but will eat any as long as it's crunchy. 

• Options
    I cannot add to this as peanut butter is revolting.  It looks like cat sick.

But I have a question.  What makes it crunchy?  They don't leave the shells on do they?
  • Options
    Meridian crunchy. But the big tub!
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

But I have a question.  What makes it crunchy?  They don't leave the shells on do they?
    If this is a genuine question then the answer is they leave small pieces of nut in the cat sick look-a-like.

It is fantastic. You don't know what you're missing.  :smiley:

• Options
    cafcfan said:

If this is a genuine question then the answer is they leave small pieces of nut in the cat sick look-a-like.

Just been checking out the US FDA web site.  Bits of nut is not the only thing in it:

Peanut Butter

Insect filth
    (AOAC 968.35)

Average of 30 or more insect fragments per 100 grams

Rodent filth
    (AOAC 968.35)

Average of 1 or more rodent hairs per 100 grams

Grit
    (AOAC 968.35)

Gritty taste and water insoluble inorganic residue is more than 25 mg per 100 grams

• Options
    cafcfan said:
    cafcfan said:

Just been checking out the US FDA web site.  Bits of nut is not the only thing in it:

Peanut Butter

Insect filth
    (AOAC 968.35)

Rodent filth
    (AOAC 968.35)

Grit
    (AOAC 968.35)

Gritty taste and water insoluble inorganic residue is more than 25 mg per 100 grams

You get all that extra for free.

The toaster is calling me.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    cafcfan said:

Peanut Butter

Insect filth
    (AOAC 968.35)

Rodent filth
    (AOAC 968.35)

Grit
    (AOAC 968.35)

Christ, I hope you don’t eat root vegetables, your in for a shock 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcfan said:

I'd be more worried about the cat if what's coming out of it looks like PB. 
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    cafcfan said:

Peanut Butter

Insect filth
    (AOAC 968.35)

Rodent filth
    (AOAC 968.35)

Grit
    (AOAC 968.35)

You have a really unpleasant mindset. 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Used to get through jars of it for the dogs, then they changed one of the ingredients to something which is toxic to dogs. So we no longer get so much, my good lady loves it on toast, I can’t stand it. 
    Pets at home sell dog peanut butter, more expensive than the human variety. 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    DA9 said:

Got this in my shop from Tesco a few weeks back as a substitute for their own brand, never going back 
    Same here. It is delicious. Had some on toast this morning.
  • Options
    Morrisons Honey Roast - best peanut butter ever.
  • Options
    Meridian Crunchy. Buy the big tubs
  • Options
    I've gone in big for the marmite peanut butter. Everything about it says no but speed on some toast in the morning it's awesome 

Aaaaaand I put some in a stir fry last week and it worked, really nice 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    I've gone in big for the marmite peanut butter. Everything about it says no but speed on some toast in the morning it's awesome 

Aaaaaand I put some in a stir fry last week and it worked, really nice 
    I prefer cocaine with Sunpat crunchy.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Nuts are crunchy, they're not soft. The crunchy peanuts are smashed into smaller pieces and mixed with heavily blended smooth nuts. 
  • Options
    any supermarket own brand crunchy seems to fit the bill. 
    I do get marks as convinient however it is a little sweeter than would like 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2121 said:
    any supermarket own brand crunchy seems to fit the bill. 
    I do get marks as convinient however it is a little sweeter than would like 
    I agree. My personal favorite is the Coop own brand.
    I have just run out and was forced to replace with Sun Pat crunchy.
    Sun Pat is much thicker and less moist that the Coop brand.
    Won’t buy Sun Pat again.
  • Options
    Been said on here already, but has to be Skippy smooth....had it in the US, tracked it down over here and found it in Sainsburys… Glorious stuff on warm toast....  Yes it's full of crap, but I only eat once a week...  Otherwise Whole Earth, but always smooth....
  • Options
    Anyone tried this one?
    The "smunchy" slogan is a little irksome, but fairly accurate.

I'm yet to find a firm favourite but currently have a tub of Whole Earth (crunchy) in the cupboard. Quite salty, but goes well with the sweetness of a banana (in a sandwich).

Crikey, reading this back, I may need to strongly consider getting a life...

• Options
    Honestly the MyProtein stuff is great value for money, though I do get through it. 

got bought a kg of another one for my birthday that I'm yet to open... Pip'n'nut which has some added salt, but really the MP stuff can't be beaten for quantity and quality yet.
  • Options
    Ive got my protein hazelnut spread which got devoured and probably didnt help my lockdown fitness regime 
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Ive got my protein hazelnut spread which got devoured and probably didnt help my lockdown fitness regime 
    Yeah the 2kg I have got through in the last month hasn't helped me lose weight, that's for sure!

Now with the Pip stuff... we'll see I guess! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Anyone tried this one?
    The "smunchy" slogan is a little irksome, but fairly accurate.

I'm yet to find a firm favourite but currently have a tub of Whole Earth (crunchy) in the cupboard. Quite salty, but goes well with the sweetness of a banana (in a sandwich).

Crikey, reading this back, I may need to strongly consider getting a life...

Fuck that, you have a life - and it involves eating peanut butter. Don't hide from it. Embrace it. Live it. Eat it. 
  • Options
    Love peanuts, love butter. Hate peanut butter
    love bananas, love yoghurt, hate banana Yoghurt. Funny old world. 

• Options
    Love peanuts, love butter. Hate peanut butter
    love bananas, love yoghurt, hate banana Yoghurt. Funny old world. 

Hate cherries, love all cherry flavoured drinks, sweets. Makes me laugh as well. :)
  • Options
    Lotus spread isn't peanut butter?

There is no substitute for this stuff though

Dreamy in porridge 
    Not put it in porridge but is the best crunchy peanut butter by a LONG LONG WAY :)