Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Lockdown easing gradually?

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    WSS said:
    Been out and about this last week for work purposes and there's definitely more traffic about, which may be connected with the Easter half term finishing. Also, this time last week and the few weeks before the beaches were virtually empty. Today and yesterday lots more people just sat on it, playing bat and ball, building sandcastles, etc.

I reckon the government need to get on top of this double quick or it'll completely break down. 
    I honestly think the government are “fine” with the rule breaking as it’ll create the herd immunity factor but at a scale where hospitals can cope.

It’s almost certain to cost more lives in the long run but that’s “ok” to prevent complete paralysis.

And I think I’m good with that which goes a bit against my normal view of things which is strange. 
    The WHO is saying there is no evidence that having it conveys immunity. Herd immunity comes through effective vaccination not letting people go about there normal lives and hoping for the best.

It was a very dangerous idea that they suggested and they quickly backtracked yet the idea now persists amongst the population.

We will need to adapt to a new normal as they say, whatever shape that my take, and people carrying on as they were are just putting others at an unnecessarily increased risk.

That research is ongoing and it is therefore correct to say that there is currently no evidence that having it conveys immunity. That doesn't mean it doesn't convey some sort of immunity, just that there is currently no evidence.
    I very much hope it does. I'd very much like to be told I've had it so I can stop shielding and be useful. We need to plan that it doesn't though until if/when those studies come back with positive news
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Where I am in Peckham Rye there has been a noticeable increase in cars on the road and foot and bicycle traffic in the last 7 days. the pavement nearly as buisy as before lock down. Also people seem to be less strict on social distancing, going around in small groups more. I policeman freind of mine thinks that south London is less strict on following the lock down rules than the boroughs north of the river.Looking out of my window now I feel he could be correct, one group who have ignored the lock down from the start are the extra strong larger and cider drinks that frequent many park benches even before lock down. there is a group of 4-5 that congrgate on the green opposite every morning they even share cans. 
    Throw your lentil salad at them, then adopt the tea pot stance and tell them to remove themselves from your vicinity or you will call your friend.
  • Options
    There’s been no noticeable increase in people or traffic where I am in Somerset. That said, about 40 people held a demo in Glastonbury yesterday (including Piers Corbyn) apparently against the lockdown. 
    No doubt hear about this on this evenings news?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    I don’t think I’ve  seen a policeman since the lockdown. South East London as far as I can see is traffic almost as normal. 
    Bromley has been and still is generally very quiet. 
    Im living in the wrong part of Bromley then.
    But you live across the road from possibly the biggest supermarket in Bromley.
    Supermarkets are about the only place people can and need to go in significant numbers.
    It's no surprise that the traffic is higher in Homesdale Road, than the centre of Bromley, where nearly all the shops, restaurants, gyms etc are closed.

It'll be even busier when the Lord Homesdale reopens.

One of the few pubs I haven’t been to in my 6 years as a bromley resident. Always thought it looked shit, worth a visit?
    Dont bother stop shouting, even if it does reopen youd still think the lockdown was on.

When pubs reopen, I would like to go to that sort of pub first
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    I don’t think I’ve  seen a policeman since the lockdown. South East London as far as I can see is traffic almost as normal. 
    Supermarkets are about the only place people can and need to go in significant numbers.
    It's no surprise that the traffic is higher in Homesdale Road, than the centre of Bromley, where nearly all the shops, restaurants, gyms etc are closed.

One of the few pubs I haven’t been to in my 6 years as a bromley resident. Always thought it looked shit, worth a visit?
    Dont bother stop shouting, even if it does reopen youd still think the lockdown was on.

I used to live a minute's walk from that pub. Never been in it.
  • Options
    live opposite martens grove park - parents lifting kids over the locked gates and allowing them to play is todays dickwad behaviour. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Yeah, it's okay for a lager drinker 4/10.

The downside is @clb74 lives 2 minutes away and you could bump into him.

What others have you not been to? 
    I either drink in the Red Lion or the Lock and Barrel. God I miss going to the pub.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I either drink in the Red Lion or the Lock and Barrel. God I miss going to the pub.
    Red Lion 8/10, Lock and Barrel 6/10, too small.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Red Lion 8/10, Lock and Barrel 6/10, too small.
    I know what you mean about L&B. My mate says it’s soulless and I get that but I think you have to take it for what it is. Great beers, mainly under £4 and they have a cheese board on Sunday!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On Tuesday the weather is due to change, it'll be interesting how the weather becoming cooler and wetter affects how people accept the lockdown, as so far the lockdown period has been ridiculously warm and sunny for April
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Someone keep me honest or put me right here 

We have recorded the lowest numbers and they just announced it on the radio like its something to scream about 

This is because most of us have kept our arses indoors and either recovered on our own or not been affected and not spread anything. How do we go back? I'm missing everything everyone on here is, namely going to football and seeing my pals. I'm also dearly missing mine and my wife's family. Included in those families are vulnerable people, I'd be prepared to stay as I am and only get shopping delivered, carry on working from home, if it meant I could see my family and friends, but all it takes is someone to be telling a little porkie about joining the asda or morrisons scramble and potentially there is a dozen and more of us infected including a few vulnerable people. 

I have only left my home twice in 6 weeks and I'm seeing as an open prison sentence and I really wish everyone else would too. 
    Agree, the problem with the flattening curve some will see this as an excuse that there's nothing to worry about and will go and do what they want. The truth is that from infection to death there is a couple of weeks, anyone selfish enough to go and do what they want are risking an increase in deaths in the future and thus leading to more stringent lockdowns.we all want this thing over as soon as possible but we have to remember hundreds are dying every single day and that's thousands more  living their lives without loved ones. 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Geezer sat 2mtr away on my bus, coughing and spluttering, not even covering his trap!  I got up and sat at the front of the bus on the drivers lap. I love pretending I’m a bus driver.

• Options
    Geezer sat 2mtr away on my bus, coughing and spluttering, not even covering his trap!  I got up and sat at the front of the bus on the drivers lap. I love pretending I’m a bus driver.

And still not able to see over the steering wheel.
  • Options
    ROTW said:
    There’s been no noticeable increase in people or traffic where I am in Somerset. That said, about 40 people held a demo in Glastonbury yesterday (including Piers Corbyn) apparently against the lockdown. 

ROTW said:
    Don’t know about nationally, but it featured on my local news tonight.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:

I used to live a minute's walk from that pub. Never been in it.
    I lived a 5 min walk from it for 7 years and never went in it.
    I've been in there once since.
  • Options
    Have been working throughout as classified as key worker, and we sub contract for the nhs, south eastern and tfl need to have a major think about trains, the services that were getting gradually busier last week this morning have really got busy. 

Currently there are 4 trains an hour from Barnehurst to london 2 to Cannon Street and 2 to Victoria ( pointless as majority get off at lewisham ).
    the tubes are 1 tube every 18 minutes on the district line. 

The work from home if you can - is stupid advice and some of the thick people in this country can’t comprehend that that doesn’t translate to go into your office if it’s better for you!. 
  • Options
    Sunak to announce some information of an ease of the lock down in the Commons at 3.30pm today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lockdown seems to have eased in Charlton Park. My spy tells me that a full-on cricket match was taking place there yesterday evening. Seems like the "Sri-Lankan Monday Night League" has begun it's season unabated. 
  • Options
    The rain today will "trap" everyone indoors...
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Lockdown seems to have eased in Charlton Park. My spy tells me that a full-on cricket match was taking place there yesterday evening. Seems like the "Sri-Lankan Monday Night League" has begun it's season unabated. 
    Who won?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Covid 19
    Sri Lanka All out (in the park) for 11

• Options
    The rain today will "trap" everyone indoors...
    As I work at a street-overlooking window, it was incredible how many dogs didn’t need walking today, or runners needing to pound the pavements
  • Options
    No fair weather dog walking in our house, wife got soaked this morning, I got wet this evening.
  • Options
    I wouldn't say we've ever really been in a lockdown. More a self induced evening curfew.

When ever I go out for my evening walk around 7/8 o'clock there's hardly a soul on the road or pavement.
    There is literally f*** all to do in the evenings. 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    not sure about the lockdown rules really as at least 3 of my neighbours have had landscape gardeners over since lockdown. this morning i was woken up by my neighbours next door as the gardeners are using a wood shredder. even a neighbour down the road has got builders in to do an extension. 

i guess all this is allowed? the gardeners and the builders have to make a living. though most of the gardens that work is being done on aren't massive so no chance of social distancing. and the builders doing the extension have hardly any room (guess the reason they are having an extension in the first place) to keep their distance from each other and the owners of the house. 
  • Options
    Tesco Store attached to the petrol station in Dartford Road had way too many people in it this afternoon according Mrs SB who ventured out for some supplies. It’s generally been well managed but she felt very uncomfortable and couldn’t get out quick enough.