Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    I'm going to go on record before anyone (I think) and guess that our Premier League friendly will be against Palace.
    I thought the same.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    I'm going to go on record before anyone (I think) and guess that our Premier League friendly will be against Palace.
    I was thinking either Arsenal or West Ham. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    I was thinking either Arsenal or West Ham. 
    West Ham are my second thought. I think it'll be a combination of as little travel as possible as well as a chance to make money. That's why I thought Palace because it would be a good streaming draw for both sides as far as friendlies go. 
  • Options
    Government has confirmed football can return in England on June 17th
  • Options
    10 have tested positive across 8 clubs in latest round of testing in the championship 
  • Options

• Options
    1 from Preston
    1 from Cardiff
    1 from Middlesbrough have been announced so far 
  • Options
    It seems it walks amongst us without us knowing. 
  • Options
    It seems it walks amongst us without us knowing. 
    Approximately 1 in a 100.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not surprising that if you test people, you detect people with the virus. None of the players testing positive showed any symptoms before

In a way we may be slightly lucky, as with London getting the virus earlier chances are a few of our players may have had it in March or April
  • Options
    So with the new test and trace -if one player is possitive with symptoms then surely all his team mates any opposing players will have to self isolate for 14 days or am I missing something?
  • Options
    So with the new test and trace -if one player is possitive with symptoms then surely all his team mates any opposing players will have to self isolate for 14 days or am I missing something?
    Yes. 
  • Options
    Well on that basis it will be amazing if no games are not postponed 
  • Options
    You would have thought so, but atm it seems only the person who tested positive goes to isolation, but as Lyle said tests dont show for a period of time, 5 days i think, so what about anyone they have been in contact with for the last 5 days, I mean they may have tested negative now but they may actually have it because they have been in contact with the person who tested positive, and how long till the next set of tests to find out they now have it and all the people they will then be in contact with in the meantime
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    SDAddick said:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52815105

The FA Cup due to resume on the 27th June. I'd completely forgotten about that
    Genuine LOL because same.

This feels like taking the piss. Like, we can cancel the FA Cup. I know I'm both not English and of that generation that just doesn't quite value the Cup competitions like those that came before me. But given that bringing football back is a risk, why are we looking for more risks? (It's money. I know, it's mo
    Disagree strongly. It's football tradition. Why cancel that any more that the league?
  • Options
    There's a difference though between a set of players being continually tested and the rest of us, where we aren't tested when someone we've been in contact with tests positive
  • Options
    Only if you give the tracer details of who you've been in contact with.

Don't tell him Pike...!!
  • Options
    Why are league two testing? Didn't they already decide to end their season?
  • Options
    1 from Preston
    1 from Cardiff
    Just shows how crazy this virus is.

Preston's Jayden Stockley, who tested positive is described as "asymptomatic and feeling no ill effects".

"It came as a complete shock. I got a call from the doctor when I came back from training," said Stockley.

"I felt brilliant in training, put a good session in and his number came up. We were aware we would get a call if our test was positive and I was thinking 'no, surely not', but he told me and it was a surreal moment."

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why are league two testing? Didn't they already decide to end their season?
    They only tested 4 clubs,guessing thats the 4 in the play offs as they are still going ahead.

Still dont see how they are happy to complete the play offs but thats it
  • Options
    1 from Preston
    1 from Cardiff

Preston's Jayden Stockley, who tested positive is described as "asymptomatic and feeling no ill effects".

"It came as a complete shock. I got a call from the doctor when I came back from training," said Stockley.

"I felt brilliant in training, put a good session in and his number came up. We were aware we would get a call if our test was positive and I was thinking 'no, surely not', but he told me and it was a surreal moment."

And thats the point he will now isolate, but he was at training, I get its non contact training, but they are still touching balls and stuff like that.

How long till the rest of the Preston team get tested again, a few days maybe so in the meantime he may have passed it on in training and the person he passed it on to has passed it on in training and at home without realizing until they get there next test in a few days.
  • Options
    1 from Preston
    1 from Cardiff

And thats the point he will now isolate, but he was at training, I get its non contact training, but they are still touching balls and stuff like that.

How long till the rest of the Preston team get tested again, a few days maybe so in the meantime he may have passed it on in training and the person he passed it on to has passed it on in training and at home without realizing until they get there next test in a few days.
    Monday is the next round, results back on Wednesday morning I believe. 
  • Options
    Out of the three who haven’t returned, one is Davis due to not wanting to come back to London, the other two Bowyer has said are out of contract in July and don’t want to risk being injured. So who are these other 2, one potentially being Sarr? 
  • Options
    Morgan is out of contract isn't he?
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Out of the three who haven’t returned, one is Davis due to not wanting to come back to London, the other two Bowyer has said are out of contract in July and don’t want to risk being injured. So who are these other 2, one potentially being Sarr? 
    Is Matthews back? 
  • Options
    1 from Preston
    1 from Cardiff

• Options
    I'd be surprised at Sarr if he just doesn't want to risk injury. Don't know why just strikes me as someone who'd want to play. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Using a list I found on here and removing loans lets see if we can work it out discounting who we have seen

Goalkeepers 

Ben Amos 2020 plus 1 year option

Right Backs

Chris Solly 2020
    Adam Matthews 2020

Centre Backs

Naby Sarr 2020
    Left Backs
    Lewis Page 2020

Central Midfielders 

Jake Forster-Caskey 2020

Albie Morgan contract length not known