Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2020
    So we have a squad to play with? 

GK

Phillips
    Amos

RB
    Solly 
    Matthews

CB
    Lockyer
    Oshilaja
    Pearce 
    Sarr

LB
    Purrington
    Page

CDM
    Field
    Pratley
    Davis

CM
    Cullen
    Pratley
    Forster Caskey
    Lapslie
    Smith
    Morgan 

CAM
    Williams
    Doughty
    Aneke
    Oztumer
    McGeady

FW
    Taylor
    Bonne
    Hemed
    Davison

Pretty much means a first 11 of:
    Phillips 
    Matthews | Lockyer | Pearce | Purrington
    Field
    Cullen | Pratley
    Williams
    Taylor | Bonne

Subs: Solly, Sarr, Page, Doughty, Aneke, Hemed
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    How certain are we that Field is actually fit and still with us? Could be the guy who helps us stay up if that’s the case. Really
    hope so 
    This seems legit: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2020/04/23/west-brom-midfielder-sam-field-should-be-fit-when-football-returns/
  • Options
    Sorry if I have missed it. Will the friendly be on Valley Pass😁

More importantly If we are to finish the season will all of our games be streamed? 

Already sick of how excited talkSPORT are on the return of the Primmadonnship. 
    My guess is IFollow will open up streaming to all games in the uk for a fee.
    Season Ticket holders should be free and I would guess it would be £10 a game for other games, maybe they would do a special offer, 9 games left so all 9 games for £60 or something like that
    I would agree with this, although as we aren’t part of IFollow I would imagine we will need to use Valley Pass. 

My concern is whether these streaming sites will be able to cope with all the viewers. It’s ok when only a few hundred (Maybe just over a thousand) use Valley Pass midweek but will it be able To cope with hopefully around 6 or 7 thousand 
    IFollow the Same it’s going to have a lot more people trying to access. 

I can’t see SKY putting any Championship games on if they have a Premier league game they can show at the same time. 

Still need the vote to continue to happen first
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    How certain are we that Field is actually fit and still with us? Could be the guy who helps us stay up if that’s the case. Really
    hope so 
    As far as i understand he's back with West brom and close to returning and if he's fit in a couple of weeks then he's available for us.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

More importantly If we are to finish the season will all of our games be streamed? 

Season Ticket holders should be free and I would guess it would be £10 a game for other games, maybe they would do a special offer, 9 games left so all 9 games for £60 or something like that
    I would agree with this, although as we aren’t part of IFollow I would imagine we will need to use Valley Pass. 

My concern is whether these streaming sites will be able to cope with all the viewers. It’s ok when only a few hundred (Maybe just over a thousand) use Valley Pass midweek but will it be able To cope with hopefully around 6 or 7 thousand 

I can’t see SKY putting any Championship games on if they have a Premier league game they can show at the same time. 

7 thousand might be a push for us lol.

How many people go in families, so they would only buy 1 pass to watch it on tv.

Also there a probably a lot of people who wouldn't even bother as its just a stream and not actually being there.

I reckon we would probably get 2/3k watching us, but thats Charlton fans, i guess then there is the other team as well, maybe I am underestimating it as well and alot more would be watching it, I guess we wont no until it happens lol
  • Options
    edited May 2020
  • Options

7 thousand might be a push for us lol.

How many people go in families, so they would only buy 1 pass to watch it on tv.

Also there a probably a lot of people who wouldn't even bother as its just a stream and not actually being there.

I reckon we would probably get 2/3k watching us, but thats Charlton fans, i guess then there is the other team as well
    True. I guess I have got a bit excited reading about the 40,000 Charlton fans in the other thread. 

Seriously though, if the money is going to go to the club from the streamed games I would hope any Charlton fan Serious about keeping the club Afloat would want to contribute. Forget the ownership squabbles we need to have a club to support when we can attend again. If the club gets the money, then 5,000 Charlton fans at £10 a time for 9 games (whether we would get money for away games or not Is unknown) Would be £450,000 this could be the difference between having a Charlton or not. 

Before people say anything I have a season ticket but will be happy to pay again if it’s £10. That’s my choice I know others won’t agree and I respect that. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020

We are part of iFollow... We use the same platform

Its just a part of ValleyPass for us as unlike other clubs we already run other features on ours

Tune in early enough and you'll get the iFollow intro scene
  • Options

We are part of iFollow... We use the same platform

Its just a part of ValleyPass for us as unlike other clubs we already run other features on ours

Tune in early enough and you'll get the iFollow intro scene

Thanks; I didn’t realise that as I have always used the opponents site when I have been able to watch us as we didn’t have access at the time.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plus a bench of: Amos | Solly | Page | Forster-Caskey | Aneke | Hemed | McGeady
    I read that sub bench numbers to be increased, has this been confirmed?
  • Options
    Bundesliga have had a subs bench of nine players, dont know enough about the League to know if thats the norm though
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Subs per game has increased from three to five but not sure regarding the number of players allowed on the bench.

EDIT: FIFA have allowed five subs but each league still has to vote for the change individually.
  • Options
    Bundesliga have had a subs bench of nine players, dont know enough about the League to know if thats the norm though
    They were allowed nine subs on the bench prior to the lockdown.
  • Options
    football probably coming back but this time we're weaker at the back rather than upfront this time. were gonna beat hull 7-6 i feel it.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    So its

Sarr?
    Lockyer?
    Davies

Ok
    Davies we can probably cope without if Field gets fit, we have enough CMs

Its Sarr and Lockyer that worry me

Or is that link saying  its Hemed and Smith the ither 2 but Bowyer is expecting them to return, Hemed was in Israel and Smith getting tested at City but both expected to return 
    I would actually wonder if Hemed and Smith are the other two players

Find it interesting how the OS states that David Davis hasnt returned to the club YET

Doesnt mean it wont happen though

Wonder if others will have the reverse opinion to Lyle Taylor

i.e. wait and see what the testing results are like, if they feel its safe because there are very few cases then they'll be back
    Hemed travelled back from Israel. He filmed himself on Insta all the way up to getting tested at the training ground. His wife and kids stayed behind from what I can tell. I'd be really surprised if he did that just to not train.

Sorry just catching up it looks like he is expected back. 

Just so happy that Naby isn't a holdout (so it seems) <3<3<3.  
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    So its

Sarr?
    Lockyer?
    Davies

Ok

Or is that link saying  its Hemed and Smith the ither 2 but Bowyer is expecting them to return, Hemed was in Israel and Smith getting tested at City but both expected to return 

Find it interesting how the OS states that David Davis hasnt returned to the club YET

i.e. wait and see what the testing results are like, if they feel its safe because there are very few cases then they'll be back
    Hemed travelled back from Israel. He filmed himself on Insta all the way up to getting tested at the training ground. His wife and kids stayed behind from what I can tell. I'd be really surprised if he did that just to not train.

Just so happy Naby's back <3<3<3.  
    Is Naby back? - Has he been seen now?
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    BBC are going to be showing a whole four live games from the Premier League...

https://t.co/Dmd4E93c4Y?amp=1

SKY will be showing 64-games with 25 of those games being made free to watch
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    So its

Sarr?
    Lockyer?
    Davies

Ok

Leuth posted a picture from the airport and then one from the garden of them sipping an IPA
  • Options
    That’s ten timeslots per weekend and six timeslots per midweek so very minimal overlap between games. Should be fun...
  • Options
    That’s ten timeslots per weekend and six timeslots per midweek so very minimal overlap between games. Should be fun...
    We had that situation with that pretty dreadful side we had at the end of 2013/14
  • Options
    Serie A to return on June 20.
  • Options
    Cant wait for the usual Manager suspects to start moaning about having less turn around time than others

I have BT Sport and will get amazon for a month, will be worth the £7.99 for football lol

Just the SkySports games I will miss
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    SDAddick said:
    So its

Sarr?
    Lockyer?
    Davies

Ok

No we don't sorry I jumped the gun
  • Options
    Surprised BBC got live games. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Maybe they are thinking no FA Cup so have made a deal with BT give us 4 games and you can have the rest of the FA Cup if it resumes, so BBC got 4 games that were BT games
  • Options
    Maybe they are thinking no FA Cup so have made a deal with BT give us 4 games and you can have the rest of the FA Cup if it resumes, so BBC got 4 games that were BT games
    Makes sense mate