Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Croydon said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Ridiculous 10 players confirmed to have covid19 yet Merkel says German football can return on 15th May or 23rd May.

The Premier League will follow suit now I reckon, if they can do it why cant we they will say.

Putting Football before lives is ridiculous 
    I‘m over the moon to be honest, can’t wait to watch some live football on TV!
    And thats the whole point.

People are desperate to watch live football on tv.

Whilst there are people losing loved ones every day.

Personally I don't care about live sport returning atm, until its safe to do so

Why should our enjoyment come at the risk of lives
    It shouldn’t, it’s a mad decision, but it’s not my decision. I’m just excited to watch some footy. 
    Not really football though is it, at least not as we know it. Glorified exhibition matches played in empty stadiums by teams I have zero interest in from a foreign league. I'd rather watch the soaps.
    I mean the German League is pretty competitive standard and they actually have a title race this year. 
    In normal circumstances I'd agree with you, but I reckon these games will seem more like friendlies than competitive matches. All the European games that were in empty stadiums this season were dull to watch.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Can't wait to watch multi millionaires have a kick around in a empty stadium, will certainly take the edge off of not seeing family for another couple of months 
    I think you'll be able to see close family members from next week as I think that restriction is about to be lifted.

Whether that's the right thing to do, or you feel it's safe to do so, is another matter 
  • Options
    Korean League kicks off again tomorrow, the first match is live on YouTube at 11am our time:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Korean League kicks off again tomorrow, the first match is live on YouTube at 11am our time:

I must look at flights out there.
  • Options
    Regarding the restrictions being lifted a fair degree of common sense needs to be used, for example if you decide to go and visit an elderly relative and give them the virus that is your fault not the governments. 
    Nice.
  • Options
    Does make me smile that you've got Liverpool (Mens team) wanting the season to finish for obvious reasons

On the other hand their women's team are more than happy for the Women's Super League to be cancelled when they're bottom of the League
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Regarding the restrictions being lifted a fair degree of common sense needs to be used, for example if you decide to go and visit an elderly relative and give them the virus that is your fault not the governments. 
    Nice.
    Don't see anything wrong with what he's said there
  • Options
    Youre advice is dont go and see any relatives till a vaccine is found then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    Nice.
    its true though im sick of the negative shit on a daily basis, its a crap time for all of us the amount of people just constantly chipping away and in general being negative is so depressing. 

we just want football and pubs back some would just like to see there loved ones again, aside from germany football seasons have been written off, if we dont have fans through the gates until july 2021 - a lot of efl clubs will go bust unless the prem help in someway - wonder what happened to the eluisve "footballers fund" as currently they are not working, so really should be put on 80%
  • Options
    I suspect that my mother would be cautious, but my father would be happy. 

It would be a nightmare to pass on the virus to them, though on the other hand as they are elderly but aren't in the vulnerable category, once the government advice allows small family type gatherings, I will probably visit them in some way. 

After all it would be a bigger sod to not see elderly relatives for 6 months, only for one of them to die of something else in the meantime
  • Options
    https://www.kicker.de/775120/artikel

Samstag, 16. Mai, 15.30 Uhr 
    Borussia Dortmund - Schalke 04 
    RB Leipzig - SC Freiburg 
    TSG Hoffenheim - Hertha BSC 
    Fortuna Düsseldorf - SC Paderborn 
    FC Augsburg - VfL Wolfsburg 

Samstag, 16. Mai, 18.30 
    Eintracht Frankfurt - Borussia Mönchengladbach 

Sonntag, 17. Mai, 15.30 
    1. FC Köln - FSV Mainz 05

Sonntag, 17. Mai, 18.00 
    Union Berlin - Bayern München 

Montag, 18. Mai, 20.30 
    Werder Bremen - Bayer Leverkusen
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    my advice is people need to apply a bit of common sense and take ownership of there actions - i have worked throughout the lockdown but i take precautions - i wear a mask and gloves on train - not because its provided or law - but for my own health, i am having a covid 19 test tomorrow as a site i have been on last week has a now confirmed case of covid 19, so at 10.30am tomorrow i will be using the ebbsfleet drive through one. 

regarding seeing relatives it depends on what you do in a daily life, if you were to pass them the virus could you live with yourself etc. 

the government can only advise i feel you do have to make some decisions yourself. 

like the work from home if you can - i dont think thats too hard to get but plenty are seeming to struggle with it. 
    Masks generally work against the wearer passing it onto others, rather than the wearer being protected from those with it (who aren't wearing one) passing it onto them. 
  • Options
    https://www.kicker.de/775120/artikel

Samstag, 16. Mai, 15.30 Uhr 
    Borussia Dortmund - Schalke 04 
    RB Leipzig - SC Freiburg 
    TSG Hoffenheim - Hertha BSC 
    Fortuna Düsseldorf - SC Paderborn 
    FC Augsburg - VfL Wolfsburg 

Samstag, 16. Mai, 18.30 
    Eintracht Frankfurt - Borussia Mönchengladbach 

Sonntag, 17. Mai, 15.30 
    1. FC Köln - FSV Mainz 05

Sonntag, 17. Mai, 18.00 
    Union Berlin - Bayern München 

Montag, 18. Mai, 20.30 
    Werder Bremen - Bayer Leverkusen
    I imagine the Bayern Munich match will get massive international viewing figures (one way or another) as the German team everyone's heard of...
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    my advice is people need to apply a bit of common sense and take ownership of there actions - i have worked throughout the lockdown but i take precautions - i wear a mask and gloves on train - not because its provided or law - but for my own health, i am having a covid 19 test tomorrow as a site i have been on last week has a now confirmed case of covid 19, so at 10.30am tomorrow i will be using the ebbsfleet drive through one. 

regarding seeing relatives it depends on what you do in a daily life, if you were to pass them the virus could you live with yourself etc. 

the government can only advise i feel you do have to make some decisions yourself. 

like the work from home if you can - i dont think thats too hard to get but plenty are seeming to struggle with it. 
    Masks generally work against the wearer passing it onto others, rather than the wearer being protected from those with it (who aren't wearing one) passing it onto them. 
    Also says he wears gloves, which is for his own protection.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I think we may see a big increase in blokes being willing to visit the mother in law...
  • Options
    Have I seen the Germans are restarting on 15 May?
    Apparently so, but I dont know if thats still happening after 10-players tested positive for COVID
    Is the proposal behind doors or with a crowd?
    The proposal is probably on paper mate, hope that helps
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A weighted PPG model rather than straight PPG would take in to account how many home and away games you have left, but doesn’t account for which teams you’ve played - if you have an easier run in for example.
  • Options
    I’d imagine the reason the EFL are only discussing Leagues 1 and 2 is because they are slaves to the Premier League over what to do with the Championship.

if the PL rule out relegation and take 2 from the Championship to make a 22 team league then obviously the Championship won’t have relegation to keep a 24 team league.
    But if the PL keep it at 20 teams (and no relegation) then the above proposal would force the EFL to relegate Championship teams too, somehow.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

So, it’s better than the Belarusian League but it’s not great. 0-0 after 20 mins. 
  • Options
    It's on the BBC website as well
  • Options
    I’m surprised by the quality in this K League game. The home team play some really nice football.
  • Options
    It's on the BBC website as well
    Oh actually the commentary is better on the BBC, will switch to that feed 
  • Options
    Where is the minister for sport whilst all this is happening??. 

In fact, I couldn't even tell you who it is at the moment!!
  • Options
    Where is the minister for sport whilst all this is happening??. 

In fact, I couldn't even tell you who it is at the moment!!

Just checked the gov.uk website and it says the previous holder was Nigel Adams. It doesn’t say who the current holder is. Maybe there isn’t one.