Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Coronavirus - it's not all "bad news"

Comments

• edited March 2020
    Wembley being turned into a giant oven using underfloor heating to bake a massive lasagne.

French authorities have heard about this and the Channel Tunnel will to be used to bake a massive garlic bread. Half for France half for England
  • Online Pilates classes!
  • edited March 2020
    MrWalker said:
    Worcester company GTech's boss Nick Gray and his engineers invented a new ventilator last week. Needs no electricity, runs off hospital oxygen supply. Govt called and they are now on track to produce 30,000 in 2weeks. Nick is also working on designing 2 other models. 
    If that is legit (not questioning you but rather as in if it is workable) that will potentially literally save the lives of thousands of people.

Thanks for this news.

Where did you read it MrWalker?
  • I've just realised that for the next 11 days I'm trapped in the house with my Charlton calendar stuck on Conor Gallagher, staring me in the face while I try to work from home. I'm not psyched about this
    If it's any consolation, he's not now playing for Swansea either!
    But are they having to pay his wages still ?
  • no post from dazzler today!!! I hope that doesnt means it’s because the news isn’t good.

sorry was a ridiculous busy day on video conferencing. 

Yesterday was a family day and today well it's mother's day so won't be online much.
  • From one of the horses mouths, one of their engineers.
    Released to the press yesterday after they fixed a glitch. Should be on main news today..

Big boost to the 8,000 currently available.

He is now working on a mini one whilst the factory sources some high volume component manufacturers for version 1
  • Sponsored links:

• RE engineering and mass production of things to help fight this thing in general....surely there is something that we could do as volunteers to help speed up things....even if just lugging boxes or helping to deliver things to ensure things can be done even quicker.

I'm sure thousands if not millions would step up to help in any way possible.

• MrWalker said:
    I'll pass it on. His dad (my neighbour) was a rocket scientist in Kidderminster, of all places. Britain has so much hidden talent. 
    We do and it's easy to forget that after the kicking we have given ourselves for the past few years.

Great cause for optimism and made my day this has.
  • Russian sending military to help italy.

Of course a potentially cynical angle to that even by virtue of the concept of Russian troops on soil in western Europe but not the thread for that and will take it as a positive story.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just imagine for a moment what that first session when the pubs reopen is going to be like. 

A long way off, I know, but what a thing to look forward to.
  • The good news is my wife managed to find a supermarket which had shelves that were totally full of Eggs, Pasta, meats, veg and fruit and she was allowed to buy one packet of 9 loo rolls and there was no queue !

The bad news is this Morrison's was in Dorset where my wife and daughter went for a long weekend and 135 miles from home.
    Expensive on petrol to go back next weekend.

• The good news is my wife managed to find a supermarket which had shelves that were totally full of Eggs, Pasta, meats, veg and fruit and she was allowed to buy one packet of 9 loo rolls and there was no queue !

The bad news is this Morrison's was in Dorset where my wife and daughter went for a long weekend and 135 miles from home.

What Morrisons was it!?! My tesco was fucking bare this arvo. 
  • cafcpolo said:
    The good news is my wife managed to find a supermarket which had shelves that were totally full of Eggs, Pasta, meats, veg and fruit and she was allowed to buy one packet of 9 loo rolls and there was no queue !

What Morrisons was it!?! My tesco was fucking bare this arvo. 
    100% true.
    If I told you that I would have to...

• Around 5,000 active cases remaining in China, similar numbers in the UK. 

They really do seem to be on the mend, however that number remains significant enough that if the people of China break their isolation, the numbers could easily spike again.

However right now, that's some amazing progress.