Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Coronavirus - it's not all "bad news"

Comments

• Progress being made apparently on an "after infection" test which detects antibodies to see whether you've previously had it.

Would be great in giving people a relative green light if they can confirm having had it.
    Good news.
  • Progress being made apparently on an "after infection" test which detects antibodies to see whether you've previously had it.

Would be great in giving people a relative green light if they can confirm having had it.
    This does sound positive. As long as you can't catch it again.

This does sound positive. As long as you can't catch it again.
    This is the thread for positive, hopeful and optimistic uplifting slants on the virus. No hard hitting gloomy posts on here Muttley :-)
  • Eurovision has been cancelled. 
  • The BBC has suspended production of Eastenders.  Result!!
  • One plus is that this sport may now get the attention it deserves:

I'm generally pretty poor at anything sporty but I was unofficial marbles champion at junior school.
  • edited March 2020
    Sorry to be a bore but I do think it is inappropriate.  Some of us are waiting to see if our relatives are going to survive the next few months.
    Out of interest (as I really didnt know) I googled how many people in the UK die of flu every year. Although PHE dont keep exact records of it the average over the past 5 years is approx 17k pa. And that's bearing in mind that the over 60's get reminded to have the flu jab during the winter months.
    Flu is far less infectious than Covid-19 and far less deadly.  Left to run rampant through the population so as to bring about herd immunity, the estimate was 1 - 2 % fatalities of 80% infected of a population of 67,000,000 equals between 536,000 and 1,072,000 million deaths.

So the good news is, Boris has seen sense and change what ever mind he has.
  • Sponsored links:

• Which I'm sure you can't. Is that better?
    Spot on ;-) 
  • One plus is that this sport may now get the attention it deserves:

I'm generally pretty poor at anything sporty but I was unofficial marbles champion at junior school.
    Ohhhh look at Billy Big Bollocks over here talking up his marble skills.

I challenge you to a marble race! 

We'll have to do it remotely. And work across time zones. Figure out how to make the exact same course.

As soon as I get all of that sorted, I challenge you to a marbles race!

Seriously though, if we live streamed that on Twitch, I bet we'd get like 50 CL viewers.
  • Zero new infections (homegrown) in China today.

First time since the crisis started.
  • It shows it can be beaten. We are all going to have to sacrifice and get through it. Getting through things is something us Brits are proud of. I hope the government takes the measures it has to and doesn't hold back because people say we can't. We can and we will.
  • Sponsored links:

• Friends reunion episode has been delayed.
  • Been looking at the back of the food cupboard-

2 x xmas puddings still in date

5 x boxes of cup a soup , minestrone flavour. Not my favourite but hey-ho its a soup

• Been looking at the back of the food cupboard-

2 x xmas puddings still in date

5 x boxes of cup a soup , minestrone flavour. Not my favourite but hey-ho its a soup

Swappsies two toilet rolls for the christmas puds
  • Diane Abbott has just said that the BBC is suspending filming of the shows, Casualty, Holby City and Doctors so the staff can help out with the Covid 19 outbreak. !!

COVID-91 was her answer.
  • Why can't folk think outside the bog ?
    Get constipation.
  • I wonder if Middle Eastern countries will refuse the vaccine if Israel develop it

• I wonder if Middle Eastern countries will refuse the vaccine if Israel develop it
    I'm naively hoping in a Hollywood style twist that could be the moment that improves relations in the middle east and sparks a new era of peace and global cooperation.

Massively unlikely but a nice thought all the same.