Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The negativity bandwagon

Comments

• Options
    My theory with Bowyer was that when he got the job, he wasn't really looking to be a manager and as we were at such a low point, he was under zero pressure. He was competing at a lower level of course, but he tried to win every game. I was praising him for this at the time and this gave him a real edge over other managers. 

I think since then things have changed. For one thing Bowyer wants to be a manager now and cares about his image. I have seen him make substitutions, not what I think for us, but to show the world his lack of options. I have seen him play a reduced bench, not because he can't put a youngster on it for some experience, but he wants to tell the world how difficult his job is. That is my take on it. The injuries were not his fault and there is nothing he could do but I think he still wanted everybody to know it. He now cares too much.

Now we have got players back. But I think Bowyer is too scared of losing and we just don't have a team that can sit back defensively. He is scared because he now feels he has something to lose! But if you are a defensive team and you want it to work, you have to break quickly with numbers and be reliable with your passes at the back and clearances. Now on the whole we can do this sometimes, but we can also fall over at the worst possible time, scuff clearances and fail to pick people up. When we do attack, we don't get players forwards quickly so the player gets outnumbered and gets suffocated of the ball. These things means this approach doesn't suit us. 

When that is blindingly obvious, it is hard not to get angry with Bowyer. I don't want him out, but I dont want to see us play away like we did against Sheffield and Stoke. It isn't the defeat, but it is tactics that are just not going to get us the points we need to get. Nobody will convince me Sheffield were there for the taking the other night and the fact we didn't try to take them is bloody criminal. And we only lost a point - big deal - we should be going for three points like Barnsley, Wigan and Luton are. When we had a free kick in their half deep into the game - we had a great opportunity to put the wind up them, but we were only interested in playing out a goaless draw because our mindset was so negative.
    Our attacking strategy went well.
    What attacking strategy? Is endless passing back attacking? We played so negatively.
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    My theory with Bowyer was that when he got the job, he wasn't really looking to be a manager and as we were at such a low point, he was under zero pressure. He was competing at a lower level of course, but he tried to win every game. I was praising him for this at the time and this gave him a real edge over other managers. 

I think since then things have changed. For one thing Bowyer wants to be a manager now and cares about his image. I have seen him make substitutions, not what I think for us, but to show the world his lack of options. I have seen him play a reduced bench, not because he can't put a youngster on it for some experience, but he wants to tell the world how difficult his job is. That is my take on it. The injuries were not his fault and there is nothing he could do but I think he still wanted everybody to know it. He now cares too much.

Now we have got players back. But I think Bowyer is too scared of losing and we just don't have a team that can sit back defensively. He is scared because he now feels he has something to lose! But if you are a defensive team and you want it to work, you have to break quickly with numbers and be reliable with your passes at the back and clearances. Now on the whole we can do this sometimes, but we can also fall over at the worst possible time, scuff clearances and fail to pick people up. When we do attack, we don't get players forwards quickly so the player gets outnumbered and gets suffocated of the ball. These things means this approach doesn't suit us. 

When that is blindingly obvious, it is hard not to get angry with Bowyer. I don't want him out, but I dont want to see us play away like we did against Sheffield and Stoke. It isn't the defeat, but it is tactics that are just not going to get us the points we need to get. Nobody will convince me Sheffield were there for the taking the other night and the fact we didn't try to take them is bloody criminal. And we only lost a point - big deal - we should be going for three points like Barnsley, Wigan and Luton are. When we had a free kick in their half deep into the game - we had a great opportunity to put the wind up them, but we were only interested in playing out a goaless draw because our mindset was so negative.
    Our attacking strategy went well.
    What attacking strategy? Is endless passing back attacking? We played so negatively.
    Apologies, I didn't see the game.
    I was basing my comment on the multitude of posts pre kick off, praising LB for the attacking selections. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I'm gonna come out and say it guys. We are fucked with these owners. They do not have the money or the experience to give the right support to Lee Bowyer the team or any one else at the club. They are out of their depth financially and strategically.
    I'm gonna come out and say it, you're talking rubbish.
    I don’t think so. The results don’t lie. After a great start we’ve been in terminal decline. 
    The new owners didn’t/haven’t done anything to change that. 
    That indicates an unplanned approach to their purchase.
    We’ll see, I suppose, their intentions and abilities better in the close season. I am not optimistic.
  • Options
    There really is fuck all to be positive about.
  • Options
    I worry that Bowyer is showing the same traits as Pardew. A good manager when things go well but unable to reverse a slide.

Scandalous misuse of Purrington including today. As I said in the match thread before kick off he picked the wrong team for both games. Wednesday was the one to go for it. Desperately need Pratley and Purrington back next week. My view is to stay up we need to finish above 3 from Barnsley Luton, Boro and Hull. 
    What a load of nonsense. A few weeks ago people were comparing Bowyer to Curbs
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I'm gonna come out and say it guys. We are fucked with these owners. They do not have the money or the experience to give the right support to Lee Bowyer the team or any one else at the club. They are out of their depth financially and strategically.
    Ok prove to me with evidence that I'm talking rubbish. The evidence to support my claim is for all to see from the moment ESI walked through the door.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Time to stick together, players and fans.
  • Options
    cblock said:
     Tell that to the hundreds that travelled to Sheffield and Huddersfield in some of the worst conditions we've seen for years.

They're doing their bit.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Ok prove to me with evidence that I'm talking rubbish. The evidence to support my claim is for all to see from the moment ESI walked through the door.
    What evidence are you talking about to support your claim? You've expressed an opinion, not provided any evidence. And I've expressed my opinion. 

Unless either of us has access to their bank accounts that's the way it's going to stay.

• Options
    cblock said:
     Tell that to the hundreds that travelled to Sheffield and Huddersfield in some of the worst conditions we've seen for years.

They're doing their bit.
    cblock said:

They're doing their bit.
    ok  wave the white stick
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    What evidence are you talking about to support your claim? You've expressed an opinion, not provided any evidence. And I've expressed my opinion. 

Unless either of us has access to their bank accounts that's the way it's going to stay.

I'm a billionaire in my opinion.
  • Options
    It’s amazing how Wigan, rooted in relegation and offloading their main striker right at the death of  transfer window day with no replacement, are no longer ‘f***ed’
  • Options
    The roots of this defeat were formed on Wednesday. I will say no more as sometimes it is best not to say anything.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

Lend us a tenner?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

Lend us a tenner?
    Take this post as a contractual agreement to give you a tenner once I've done due diligence on you as an upstanding member of CL.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

Lend us a tenner?
    Take this post as a contractual agreement to give you a tenner once I've done due diligence on you as an upstanding member of CL.
    "Give" - thanks!
    :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    It’s amazing how Wigan, rooted in relegation and offloading their main striker right at the death of  transfer window day with no replacement, are no longer ‘f***ed’
     Knew we should've let Taylor go.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Everyone from Huddersfield down are still at risk of relegation.
    The problem is the teams below us (or were below us) are winning....
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Ross said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Everyone from Huddersfield down are still at risk of relegation.
    The problem is the teams below us (or were below us) are winning....
    Yeah before that we were winning and they were losing.

And before that we were all losing.

Things change all the time. 10 games to survive.
  • Options
    We're not very good - who is worse than us?
  • Options
    cblock said:

They're doing their bit.
    Eh? - What bad conditions?
  • Options
    What now?!
  • Options
    Form over the last 10 games:
    Form over the last 5 games:

Middlesbrough and Hull are in worse form than us, and we still have to play both of them this season.
  • Options
    Gillis said:
    Form over the last 10 games:
    Form over the last 5 games:

Middlesbrough and Hull are in worse form than us, and we still have to play both of them this season.
    We have to beat them then...
  • Options
    Would people be at critical of ESI if we were still teetering on the edge of the play offs, regardless of 6 month agreements etc? Genuinely just asking