Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The negativity bandwagon

Comments

• Options
    Most of our team are journeymen and we're set up negatively. We're reliant on scraping wins.
    Journeyman ??? Wow.....what is your definition of a journeyman and of the players that we had in the team last night which of those fall under that category. In fact I will give you a chance and offer you the ful squad

Of those who played last night I'd say everyone bar Phillips and Taylor could be classified as journeymen.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    MrOneLung said:
    If the team can be negative why can’t we ? 
    I wasn't saying we couldn't.

It just makes me laugh that people jump to the extremes.

Last night we had People calling for Bowyer to be sacked at the end of the season and for Davis to never play again. It is draining to read such negativity. 

I must state that I am not permanently in rose tinted glasses. I do think we have a lot of overreactions to both wins and losses. Funny thing is, it's often the same people...

The following things are what I'm not happy with this season.
    The ongoing injury crisis. I use ongoing because we've still got 
    - The transfer window was piss poor. We all expected more than what we got. ESI clearly miscalculated the extent of our needs.  
    - Frustratingly we have set up to draw a number of games from the start this season, which only started happening during the injury crisis and it has cost us a few times since, last night being a prime example.
    - Bowyer is making naive decisions fairly regularly now and very quickly needs to figure out his back up plans in games.

I will await @Brown59 to come in and create a proper negative thread, calling for ESI & Charlton Athletic to be disbanded and liquidised and basically piss all over my 14 chips. 
  • Options
    We don't have a particularly strong squad and on top of that have had a bad time with injuries. We will do well to stay up and that would certainly be a good achievement for LB.

Definitely want LB to be in charge.
  • Options
    My god, I get that people are rightly sick after another disappointing performance and result, but the speed and depth of spite some people turn against is truly awful to witness. 

Can understand why the paid people in this game show so little loyalty when fans can turn against so easily. 
    Like spoilt entitled children on here past few months. 

Want Roland gone but ESI have failed already

Want cheap tickets but want us to spend millions on players

Want us to spend millions on players and crowds at the valley that allow us to do so but then moanfest over football for a fiver crowds

No engagement  from Duchatelet, Southall tweets too much

Dunno what everyone expects...load of strangers to come in to our catastrophe of a club and in a couple of months gamble all their millions in a notoriously bad window. 

Honestly some comments come across as so brattish  and entitled

Some of the abuse Bowyer getting last night and the new board who've been here 5 minutes...just imagine where we'd be now if Bowyer had walked and ESI never arrived.

Win everything is rosy, lose and everyone and everything is a cunt. Like petulant children some of you.

Grab hold of your bollocks if you can find them and stop the spleen shitting and poor us entitled mentality and get some perspective of the situation and why we are where we are today beyond the short termism 90 minutes/ 2months view.

This 100%
  • Options
    Most of our team are journeymen and we're set up negatively. We're reliant on scraping wins.
    Journeyman ??? Wow.....what is your definition of a journeyman and of the players that we had in the team last night which of those fall under that category. In fact I will give you a chance and offer you the ful squad

Of those who played last night I'd say everyone bar Phillips and Taylor could be classified as journeymen.
    Not the young players, they've hardly started on the journey! And not Cullen, surely? On the other hand when Taylor came to us, he was the very epitome of a journeyman. I don't recall a single Lifer predicting him becoming a talisman who would still be our best player, a division higher.
  • Options
    Also this thread was posted at about 5am after 2 hours sleep with a few issues swirling round in my head...
    So I fully acknowledge my own original post was made in a weird delirious state and I don't recommend anyone coming on CL in the sleep deprived state I was in, especially after a defeat, that somehow still flattered us.

:lol::sleeping:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

4. And now to this shit about ESI "not spending". Do none of you look at what happens beyond your own noses? The biggest transfer fee splashed by a Champ club this window was £1m. That was Bristol City, with cash in the bank and the transfer was widely expected. Even in the FAPL the window was very quiet. You cannot be successful in a market if there isn't sufficient supply in the market, do you not understand that?

But then no other club had been taken over between the August and January windows. Under Roland we had the lowest budget in the division, so there was an expectation of some activity just to bring us up to the level of other "struggling" clubs, as generally the clubs with the lowest budget in the Championship get relegated.

Indeed while Green is probably costing us more than Leko in terms of wages, as we've lost Ledley, our wage bill after January is still basically the Roland wage bill from August.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    That is the point. if we have a bit of a go and lost, 
    nobody will be angry but to go out there against a team that clearly were not confident and play in such a way that you give them coinfidence, well it is criminally poor judgement and management. To actually think a point is a good result given the circumstances and the form of the opposition is simply pathetic. The other teams at the bottom are picking up because they are having a go. 

It was pretty clear to me that Bowyer had something and there are enough historical posts to back up what I say. But he has turned into a back foot clueless manager like Slade. Not a problem with playing that way when half your team is out, but we should not be playing that way now. It doesn't suit us. After Stoke I said I would give him another chance,sorry Lee but last night was the final chance. Absolutely nothing to do with results, if we lose and are positive I will forgive, but if I see one more display like that I will be at the front of the Bowyer out queue. 

I get you are angry but bowyer out is ridiculous. 

If he keeps making the same basic mistake it isn't ridiculous. I am not in that camp but one more performance and set up like last night (except against Leeds or Brentford) and I will be firmly in it. Another manager and I would already be firmly in it. His away tactics are relegation tactics with the squad we have.
    Against Leeds? 

If we're safe by then, we need to go for it in that fixture... 

If we're not safe by then, we need to go for it in that fixture...

If we're already relegated by then, we may as well go for it in that fixture...

Literally of all the fixtures, why would you want us to set up as we did last night in our last game of the season?
  • Options
    I see the Kiss Bowyers Arse Brigade are in fine fettle this morning?

We'll be fine!
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    IdleHans said:
    Had we given it a serious go last night then Wednesday could well have opened us up even more than they did and could have scored more than the one

The reason its technically three points rather than two is because of our Goal Difference compared with everyone else, if we start attacking more away from home then I fully expect the GD to get worse which could be vital come the end of the season, especially with so few points between six / seven teams
    But however good your goal difference, it is never worth more than half a point at the end of the season. Win one, lose one instead of two draws and you'll finish higher even if GD is worse.
    This means we keep our WLWLWL form of the last 6 games. 

W vs Huddersfield
    L vs Boro 
    W vs Hull
    L vs QPR
    W vs Cardiff
    L vs Millwall
    W vs Brentford
    L vs Reading
    W vs Birmingham
    L vs Wigan
    W vs Leeds
  • Options

4. And now to this shit about ESI "not spending". Do none of you look at what happens beyond your own noses? The biggest transfer fee splashed by a Champ club this window was £1m. That was Bristol City, with cash in the bank and the transfer was widely expected. Even in the FAPL the window was very quiet. You cannot be successful in a market if there isn't sufficient supply in the market, do you not understand that?

But then no other club had been taken over between the August and January windows. Under Roland we had the lowest budget in the division, so there was an expectation of some activity just to bring us up to the level of other "struggling" clubs, as generally the clubs with the lowest budget in the Championship get relegated.

Indeed while Green is probably costing us more than Leko in terms of wages, as we've lost Ledley, our wage bill after January is still basically the Roland wage bill from August.
    I don't see how that negates my main point. For virtually every club, the conclusion was that the right players at a sensible price were just not available. Not for us, not for Leeds, not for West Brom, etc. The market was dead. 

To the wage bill we have also added Davis, McGeady (not cheap by all accounts) and Smith. We also offered a new deal to Taylor, which he declined to sign, and we offered to match what Swansea are paying for Gallagher.
  • Options
    6. Of course it wasn't just the playing budget. Whatever the revisionism now about our autumn performances ( @oohaahmortimer, I'm calling you out mate), many dispassionate commentators described our injury list as "biblical", and since Bow has had something like a squad again (but still a great big hole in midfield) we've started winning some games again. The whole medical/training set up is on a 3rd division budget like everything else. You think Bowyer's happy with that? You blame ESI for that?

I don’t know what you’re calling me out for , I’ve not been convinced about us all season , the results were beyond all dreams at the beginning but the stats (as a numbers man) made me feel we weren’t as good as results suggest .
    injuries added to our downfall and our best Loaned player going elsewhere but even with the returning players I’m not convinced about us right here right now  , Barnsley we werent that great , Luton could have turned on a lino call and forest making 6 changes helped us big time .
    i always lean towards the negative side but I say as I see , I called us getting to the play off final most of the last third of the season (admittedly I expected defeat ) 
    we have a cheap Roland infested squad and it didn’t improve in January and why buy a football club if you wanna run a sensible non loss making business , this isn’t the place to be .
    Roland is partially gone , let’s get him fully gone and safe or down that’s a reason to celebrate .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Talk about an over-reaction! I get worried when normally sensible talk such rubbish, it can become an epidemic. 9 points from 6 games is better than ok. The whole club (including fans) getting behind Bowyer has undoubtably helped the team in the last year. Let's keep positive (and by the way you can defend positively, being positive doesn't mean attacking) 
    COYR
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    6. Of course it wasn't just the playing budget. Whatever the revisionism now about our autumn performances ( @oohaahmortimer, I'm calling you out mate), many dispassionate commentators described our injury list as "biblical", and since Bow has had something like a squad again (but still a great big hole in midfield) we've started winning some games again. The whole medical/training set up is on a 3rd division budget like everything else. You think Bowyer's happy with that? You blame ESI for that?

I don’t know what you’re calling me out for , I’ve not been convinced about us all season , the results were beyond all dreams at the beginning but the stats (as a numbers man) made me feel we weren’t as good as results suggest .
    injuries added to our downfall and our best Loaned player going elsewhere but even with the returning players I’m not convinced about us right here right now  , Barnsley we werent that great , Luton could have turned on a lino call and forest making 6 changes helped us big time .
    i always lean towards the negative side but I say as I see , I called us getting to the play off final most of the last third of the season (admittedly I expected defeat ) 
    we have a cheap Roland infested squad and it didn’t improve in January and why buy a football club if you wanna run a sensible non loss making business , this isn’t the place to be .
    Roland is partially gone , let’s get him fully gone and safe or down that’s a reason to celebrate .
    Why should you have been "convinced" in the autumn?  We had the lowest budget in the division, and we had Duchatelet. It was an effing miracle that until injuries hit, we were top half. (according to the stats). What about West Brom and Fulham away, and Leeds, to name two that i watched the full 90 of?
  • Options

Not the young players, they've hardly started on the journey! And not Cullen, surely? On the other hand when Taylor came to us, he was the very epitome of a journeyman. I don't recall a single Lifer predicting him becoming a talisman who would still be our best player, a division higher.
    I'm just talking about the current level not what players may or may not achieve in the future. Taylor and Phillips were the only two players who played last night who I'd say weren't journeymen. I'm still not convinced by Cullen but obviously others are.

By journeyman I mean a player who is solid but doesn't excel. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Talk about an over-reaction! I get worried when normally sensible talk such rubbish, it can become an epidemic. 6 points from 6 games is better than ok. The whole club (including fans) getting behind Bowyer has undoubtably helped the team in the last year. Let's keep positive (and by the way you can defend positively, being positive doesn't mean attacking) 
    COYR
    6 points from 6 games would extrapolate to 46 points over this season , it won’t be enough to keep you up 
  • Options
    Some of the abuse Bowyer getting last night and the new board who've been here 5 minutes...just imagine where we'd be now if Bowyer had walked and ESI never arrived.

ESI have done zero to warrant anyone's praise at this point.
    Just out of interest, what could any new owner have done to warrant praise (Not that I think they're getting overly praised anyway) at this point in their ownership and this point of the season?
  • Options
    As we came to the end of 94 minutes I donned my reading glasses to catch up on the CL comments. 

Thirty seconds later SW scored and a nano second after that my glasses hit the wall above the fire place at approximately mach 2. This will remain my only comment on the match. 

PS. The glasses are intact, which is pretty good, as they only cost me four quid.  
    I shared your pain, hope the wall is not damaged 😉.